No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We are still about 10 weeks away from the press conference, but here is a question related to it: What is your nr. 1 quetsion you want answered during the press confrence? What I really want to know is whether Boyle's movie gold idea is still the basis of the movie or not.
    I doubt they’ll answer that question, but there’s a chance a new edition of Some Kind of Hero will be released then and the story will be detailed on it. That’s the closest bet I would think of making on the subject.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I want to know the title.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,357
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd be curious if it's a direct continuation from SP (something I do not want) or not.

It would be a strange decision to bring Seydoux back if it wasn't. Unless she only has a cameo in a flashback or recording, kinda like Dench in SP. Maybe it's not entirely standalone but not entirely a continuation either, sort of a halfway house.

Maybe that will be the title? :-D
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    the SP press event went pretty well, so I would expect it to mirror that... I’m curious to see if CF would be comfortable as a first timer leading the event the way Mendes did... I suspect yes.

I also expect answers to be vague and meaningless to what actually gets made as far as tone and understanding storyline tie ins and any history of preproduction.

But hey, 10 weeks away from cast on stage, title, locations, some ideas on story...
    I want a synopsis, if anything.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll release the usual two-sentence blurb.
    jake24 wrote: »

"James Bond drives a nice car, sleeps with many sexy ladies, and kills several hundred minor villains. After killing the main villain he has more sex before the end credits."
    Revelator wrote: »

"James Bond drives a nice car, sleeps with many sexy ladies, and kills several hundred minor villains. After killing the main villain he has more sex before the end credits."

So, a big change from all the Craig films.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That long awaited soft reboot is upon us then? ;)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So let me get this clarified, filming starts March 4th, and the press conference is when?
    Probably 14 Feb - a year before release - or the first of March, or even the 4th, on the first day of filming.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 10,588
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    So let me get this clarified, filming starts March 4th, and the press conference is when?
    It'll likely fall a few days before filming starts as with the case of SF and SP. It's possible that the timeframe changes a bit as this is the first film not directed by Mendes in ten years. It's possible Fukunaga would want to do things a bit differently this time around.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So we could possibly have the press conference by February? That would be awesome.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It's possible that the timeframe changes a bit as this is the first film not directed by Mendes in six years.

Ten years.
    So we could possibly have the press conference by February? That would be awesome.

I suppose it's possible. Hope so.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 10,588
    It's possible that the timeframe changes a bit as this is the first film not directed by Mendes in six years.

Ten years.

Edit: Never mind, my mistake.
    Never thought of that. They could use the ten years gap, story wise.
    That's why I'd prefer that they don't retread old ground with this one. Just move forward. It's been an eternity since some of these elements were established.
    That's why I'd prefer that they don't retread old ground with this one. Just move forward. It's been an eternity since some of these elements were established.

That's right, and it gives me some hope in that exact sense. Established elements don't need too much antenna time. I say skip the structure fast and to the point, and then give us a CR2 to end the era on a hight note.
    Univex wrote: »
    They could pull a Halloween and disregard all the sequels. SF and SP would no longer be canon.
    They could pull a Halloween and disregard all the sequels. SF and SP would no longer be canon.

They could, but they won't. Doesn't seem like they will, anyways.
  • Can anyone point me in the direction of the comments from Fiennes confirming his involvement?

If he has commented in recent weeks, then that is the whole of the core MI6 team that have confirmed their involvement. Which alongside Fukunaga's statements feels definitive.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of the comments from Fiennes confirming his involvement?

If he has commented in recent weeks, then that is the whole of the core MI6 team that have confirmed their involvement. Which alongside Fukunaga's statements feels definitive.

https://www.superguide.nl/nieuws/ralph-fiennes-komt-terug-als-bond-baas-m-in-nieuwe-007-film-films-1

• edited December 2018 Posts: 6,677
    The one guy I do want back is Fiennes. Huge fan of the man. And a superb choice for M.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Isn't anybody worried that Rory hasn't been confirmed yet? :(

The lack of concern expressed for him on here is a bit troubling.
    Ralph Fiennes is a solid M. Definitely happy he will get at least one more.
    The one guy I do want back is Fiennes. Huge fan of the man. And a superb choice for M.

Fantastic actor and the right man for the part. Don't want him to steal so much screen time though.

Fantastic actor and the right man for the part. Don't want him to steal so much screen time though.

Just a quick debriefing scene would suffice, albeit an iconic one, of course.

I HATE Bill Tanner. It's the most useless character in James Bond history. If he is absent in the next movie, I'll be over the moon.

I HATE Bill Tanner. It's the most useless character in James Bond history. If he is absent in the next movie, I'll be over the moon.

In James Bond movie history, you mean. Surely you don't mean the Tanner in the books.

I, for one, actually like his relationship with Craig's Bond, particularly in SF and SP. But I won't loose any sleep over his absence from the 25th. I'd rather have Felix back.