No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Regarding the Ben Whishaw comments that he may not return as Q, I see it as nothing more than a little free publicity. Since this 'news' broke, nearly every news site I've been on covers the story. Nothing wrong with a little free publicity.
    Gets a Bond story into the news. My guess is he may return...he might not. But come the press conference, I think we might see him there.
    We had leaks saying bond will drive a new Aston. This appears to be it
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 6,677
    Frankly, the DB11 exists since 2016. They could be injecting some new interest in it, but it's more likely that they'll use the DBS superleggera. They are marketing as a bruit in a suit, so that'll suit Craig, just like the DBS suited him in CR and QOS. IMO, the DB11 is the prettiest of them all. The one I'd get, though, if I were rich, would be the brand new Vantage, it's almost a DB10. There was one guy on youtube who did a bondian review of it. The use of music in the beginning was particularly well done. Here it is:
    Oh, and scrap that, I'd get a Zagato. A BRG one. Well, one can dream.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 5,767
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I don’t mind the slim-fitting style of Skyfall & SP, but QoS definitely looks more elegant. I’ve always wondered how he’s able to do action scenes in those tight suits.
    Elastic Cloth and a different cuts for every type of Scene.

Bond's new Aston Martin?
    How original. Has James Bond turned into a car salesman?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    DBS Superleggera for the win.
    New James Bond movies are so rare in this, the 21st century, that audiences will forget which iconic car in pop culture 007 drove. Thus the Aston Martin must make an appearance in every new Bond movie too avoid audiences assuming Bond that is the guy who drives K.I.T.T. or The General Lee.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I hope Bond drives either a DB11 or a Vanquish since Aston has completely cocked up the styling of the rest of their line up. The Vantage especially looks like a souped up Mazda that’s missing its lower jaw.
  • If the rumors about Ben Wishaw are true, I think it would be alright to give Q a break, as they did with CR and QoS, so that the film can be more character-driven with better depth instead of plot-driven. It simply means, give Q a break, and he can come back in a later movie, taking time to give him better justice in a future film as opposed to simply shoving his scene to check mark a list.

It's not the end of the world if there is a Bond movie where the famous line isn't mentioned.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 6,677
    Aston has completely cocked up the styling of the rest of their line up. The Vantage especially looks like a souped up Mazda that’s missing its lower jaw.

I beg to differ, my friend. Their new line up is gorgeous. They're producing the best cars on their segments. And every critic has raved about them. Oh, and as an MX5 ND owner I find nothing wrong with the look of the Vantage. And its actually reminiscent of the Vulcan.

• edited December 2018 Posts: 4,619
    BOND 25 should feature an Aston Martin that's neighter new enough nor old enough to be considered super cool. Like this 1991 Aston Martin Virage:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/30/Aston_Martin_Virage.jpg/1024px-Aston_Martin_Virage.jpg
    BOND 25 should feature an Aston Martin that's neighter new enough nor old enough to be considered super cool. Like this 1991 Aston Martin Virage:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/30/Aston_Martin_Virage.jpg/1024px-Aston_Martin_Virage.jpg

lol, you crack me up!
    Univex wrote: »
    Aston has completely cocked up the styling of the rest of their line up. The Vantage especially looks like a souped up Mazda that’s missing its lower jaw.

I beg to differ, my friend. Their new line up is gorgeous. They're producing the best cars on their segments. And every critic has raved about them. Oh, and as an MX5 ND owner I find nothing wrong with the look of the Vantage. And its actually reminiscent of the Vulcan.

I love the MX5, but the Vantage doesn’t look how an Aston should imho.

Why not just stuff Bond in a damn Aston Martin Cygnet then?
    aston-martin-cygnet-1.jpg
    Got you two beat ;)
    aston_martin_lagonda_series_2-629x360.jpg
    Now that's a Bond car.
    I love the MX5, but the Vantage doesn’t look how an Aston should imho.

I do understand that. For me, none of them do, as I tend to have the DB6 GT Zagato as reference as far as AM design goes. Why oh why can't they make cars like that anymore?
    Got you two beat ;)
    Now that's a Bond car.

If I ever get money that’s actually on my list. Not very high on said list, but still.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    In general I actually don’t mind the fitted suits, but there’s one sequence where it really jumped out at me and looked awkward; in SPECTRE, following the opening tracking shot, Bond exists the room and walks across the rooftop. Here the fit looks particularly tight and did not compliment the cat-like movement along the ledge.
    Got you two beat ;)
    Now that's a Bond car.

If the goal is for him to have a breakdown and get captured, sure. :D
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6518567/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Tea-two-purring-Patti-LuPone.html

Baz confirms once again that Ben Wishaw will be reprising his role as Q
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Yeah I knew whishaw was blowing smoke.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus

That is actually one of my favorites, I sometimes imagine Dalton driving it in some parallel universe.
  • Very interesting developing concerning the casting of an Arab villain. I think this seems to sync with what we have been hearing about concerning Rami Malek and Saïd Taghmaoui.

I'm unsure if this is the main villain - especially if they are auditioning lesser known names like Mohammed Karim.

Nonetheless, I'm literally waiting for Variety or Deadline to drop an article any second now saying that Riz Ahmed is in talks. He's a natural fit and I think Eon will be infatuated with him - especially since he's an articulate PPE graduate from Oxford University. He'd charm the pants off them. Plus, he's making a sideline playing nondescript and uneventful characters in major franchises. It's probably about time he got a chance to break out and play an iconic baddie.

riz-ahmed-01-gq-26jul18_alex-lubomirski_b.jpg

However, if this is the same role Malek went up for - then we can assume this will be the main villain. Which pretty much cancels the Shatterhand rumours out, unless they appropriate that name for the baddie.

Though, to be honest, if they are listing that title on Production Weekly as a working title, you can almost guarantee it isn't going to the title. It's just something it's working under, if you look on the site you can see numerous other films and their working titles (eg; Birds of Prey is going under Fox Force Five). The Hobbs and Shaw film is being made near me and they have loads of production cards around with 'Hera' written on it. The fact the film's working title is Shatterhand all but confirms that the film most likely will not be Shatterhand. But I'd love to be proved wrong.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Why not just call it B25 then?
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 832
    Very interesting developing concerning the casting of an Arab villain. I think this seems to sync with what we have been hearing about concerning Rami Malek and Saïd Taghmaoui.

I’m unsure if this is the main villain - especially if they are auditioning lesser known names like Mohammed Karim.
    Ensemble of villains goldeneye style plz
    Which pretty much cancels the Shatterhand rumours out
    What Shatterhand rumors??? There wasn't a single Shatterhand rumour! A few Bond fans obsessed with Blofeld and the stupid word Shatterhand does not make it a rumour!
    echo wrote: »
    Why not just call it B25 then?
    B25 - iBond

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Which pretty much cancels the Shatterhand rumours out
    What Shatterhand rumors??? There wasn't a single Shatterhand rumour! A few Bond fans obsessed with Blofeld and the stupid word Shatterhand does not make it a rumour!

It's in Production Weekly.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 4,619
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Excellent news! Not his return, but that he will be in the film in a weird way. Hopefully this is only the first of many things that will be weird about Bond 25.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    He didn't say it'd be weird. He is talking about the proccess.