No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Seydoux is the most attractive Bond girl of all time in my view, so I'm overjoyed shes back personally.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Eva Green would like to have a word with you, dear fellow. ;)

Eva-hot-pics-20.jpg

You can't beat that look no matter how hard you try. Or you're just lying to yourself. ;)
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,352

Eva-hot-pics-20.jpg

You can't beat that look no matter how hard you try. Or you're just lying to yourself. ;)

I like both – and Olga Kurylenko – and Gemma Arterton – and Caterina Murino! :D

…the list goes on really.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Eva-hot-pics-20.jpg

As expected, old boy. :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 13,905
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I don´t know. There´s LTK, and there´s a dark film like SF, which is literally dark. LTK is filmed in a way (lighting, Colors) that softens the brutality considerably. It was like that when it was first released, and it didn´t Change.

I don't see how the colour scheme of the film has an impact on the violence LTK. When I see Felix's stump, we see his stump, I don't think to myself "I want that shade of red in my bedroom". What is the worst that happens in SF, Silva getting it in the back, or M simply being shot? Both pale in comparison to what happens to Dario, Sanchez and Felix. With Dario, we even see the chunks being thrown out through the other end.

I say that, providing it isn't ITV2/3 showing LTK at 3 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    While we are at the looks I must say that Seydoux doesn't have what it takes, in my book.

Daniela Bianchi and Carole Bouquet will forever stay as two of the most beautiful Bond girls for me.

162557__81998.1342533362.380.500.jpg?c=2
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    With all the unfounded panic about Lea Seydoux returning to BOND 25, it may be worth noting that the HOW she might be returning is possibly where the Martini gets shaken and not spun in a circle.

It is ever curious how some folk love to second guess thin air.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't find Seydoux to be the most attractive Bond girl, but she's definitely up to the job in that department. She's a bit tom boyish, but she has an interesting look. I just don't find her especially charismatic as Madeleine. She doesn't own the screen like some of the other Bond girls in my view, and given her 'important' role, I think that's problematic.

Regarding her return vs. Waltz: A female lead is very important to me in a Bond film. I'd say it's up there with score and lead actor as top three. So I sincerely hope the other two female choices they're bringing in will compensate for Seydoux for me.
    Bouquet has never appealed to me at all.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,352

Eva-hot-pics-20.jpg

As expected, old boy. :D

Indeed!
    GleamingWelcomeFawn-max-1mb.gif
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't find Seydoux to be the most attractive Bond girl, but she's definitely up to the job in that department. She's a bit tom boyish, but she has an interesting look. I just don't find her especially charismatic as Madeleine. She doesn't own the screen like some of the other Bond girls in my view, and given her 'important' role, I think that's problematic.

Regarding her return vs. Waltz: A female lead is very important to me in a Bond film. I'd say it's up there with score and lead actor as top three. So I sincerely hope the other two female choices they're bringing in will compensate for Seydoux for me.

For all my issues with the way her character is presented (guess Mendes is to blame here), Seydoux certainly has an interesting look – very recognizable. So is Eva Green. Every era needs a few of these Bond girls, because they don't necessarily appear in every Bond film.

As with @QQ7, Daniela Bianchi and Carole Bouquet also come high up on my list. As does the films they appeared in.
    As with @QQ7, Daniela Bianchi and Carole Bouquet also come high up on my list. As does the films they appeared in.
    I'm a huge fan of both as well, along with Claudine Auger, Izabella Scorupco, Barbara Bach, Lois Chiles, Jane Seymour, Diana Rigg and Eva Green.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    To those saying that the character of swann can be improved in bond25: it can’t, the damage is done.

If that was indeed the case, we wouldn’t have any Batman movies past Batman & Robin or two (and a half?) Deadpool movies after Ryan Reynolds played him in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
    I'm a huge fan of both as well, along with Claudine Auger, Izabella Scorupco, Barbara Bach, Lois Chiles, Jane Seymour, Diana Rigg and Eva Green.

Lois Chiles is one of my least favourite Bond girls actually. Found Holly Goodhead – despite the name, a rather boring character. Might have something to do with my opinion of MR too. If there's a Bond film you don't enjoy as much, chances are that you don't enjoy the characters in it as much either.

Lois Chiles is one of my least favourite Bond girls actually. Found Holly Goodhead – despite the name, a rather boring character. Might have something to do with my opinion of MR too. If there's a Bond film you don't enjoy as much, chances are that you don't enjoy the characters in it as much either.
    I agree. It's all connected. I wasn't a fan of hers for the longest time, but these days I find her quite progressive and credible as a fellow spy, at least in comparison to some of the jokers we've had since (Jinx). She works off Rog well too.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    With all the unfounded panic about Lea Seydoux returning to BOND 25, it may be worth noting that the HOW she might be returning is possibly where the Martini gets shaken and not spun in a circle.

Are you implying a flashback, @CatchingBullets ?
  • I understand people's gripes. Lea is evidently a terrific actress and a gorgeous woman, it's just the character she previously played was a little dull.

Madeleine has such a strong opening in the clinic with Bond. Then she has that dodgy scene in the car with Hinx's men which is shoddy to say the best. Most of the stuff in L'American is good. Then we get to Blofeld's lair and the character is overly passive and lacks agency - she's just there. Then, in the finale she becomes a damsel in distress.

7ef30e8552b0c649d8033ccd360895fc.gif

But Seydoux and Fukunaga can redeem her. She has such great features and a great screen presence:
    giphy.gif

tumblr_nx1tw7rGsr1t2jcq6o2_500.gif

What was wrong with her scene in the car with the henchmen?
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    ggl007 wrote: »

Are you implying a flashback, @CatchingBullets ?

No implications. Just urging some caution versus unfounded panic. There is more than one way to skin a SPECTRE cat...
    It's not IMHO about her as an actress or the character (the character can change, we could discover something in the closet)

It shows that they are not going for a 100% standalone story and, therefore, the bagage from SP is not being left behind.

I agree. It's all connected. I wasn't a fan of hers for the longest time, but these days I find her quite progressive and credible as a fellow spy, at least in comparison to some of the jokers we've had since (Jinx). She works off Rog well too.

She's definitely credible in a 70's Rog Bond film kind of way – and no doubt a good match for Rog on screen. If we're to see Craig's Bond alongside a protégé, I certainly hope they can find an actress that's works off Craig well. They really need to.
    patb wrote: »

It shows that they are not going for a 100% standalone story and, therefore, the bagage from SP is not being left behind.

It's for the best. This way they can give us an ending to the entire saga and wrap it up properly.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Aside from the breathtaking landscapes, Norway looks particularly underwhelming. I hope they aren't planning on shooting in a Norwegian city.
    Well I am hoping for one more official outburst of news before the Christmas holidays arrive. Regarding other cast members and possible locations?!!!!
    @Mendes4Lyfe It's like other things in life. There are times when something can be salvaged and times when you just walk away. I think this decision could be crucial to the success of the next movie. Why try to salvage something when you can start again?

How many fans and punters would be up in arms if SP was just left alone?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 8,159
    @Mendes4Lyfe It's like other things in life. There are times when something can be salvaged and times when you just walk away. I think this decision could be crucial to the success of the next movie. Why try to salvage something when you can start again?

I agree, they SHOULD have started again. Started with a completely fresh slate and a new Bond actor. I think the current direction is played out. We need a more modern incarnation of Bond, that isn't rooted in the mid 2000's.

I agree, they SHOULD have started again. Started with a completely fresh slate and a new Bond actor. I think the current direction is played out. We need a more modern incarnation of Bond, that isn't rooted in the mid 2000's.
    Why do you think ignoring what was before is played out?

edited December 2018 Posts: 8,159

I'm sorry, not sure I understand your question. What I mean is I think each story being based on an emotional and personal chapter in Bonds life is old hat. How many times we see Craig cradle a loved one dying in his arms or go on a revenge mission without M's approval. How many more skeletons are there left in his closet?

I'm sorry, not sure I understand your question. What I mean is I think each story being based on an emotional and personal chapter in Bonds life is old hat. How many times we see Craig cradle a loved one dying in his arms or go on a revenge mission without M's approval. How many more skeletons are there left in his closet?

Oh i'm sure they will dig out more of them before B25 ends,unfortunately.

QQ7 wrote: »
    While we are at the looks I must say that Seydoux doesn't have what it takes, in my book.

Daniela Bianchi and Carole Bouquet will forever stay as two of the most beautiful Bond girls for me.

162557__81998.1342533362.380.500.jpg?c=2

Hmmm. Does rather put poor old Lea in the shade.
  • JET007 wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    To those saying that the character of swann can be improved in bond25: it can’t, the damage is done.

If that was indeed the case, we wouldn’t have any Batman movies past Batman & Robin or two (and a half?) Deadpool movies after Ryan Reynolds played him in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Batman rebooted, Reynolds in the deadpool films was nothing like in Origins.