'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

New teaser :

Oops indeed.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gerard wrote: »
    New teaser :

Oops indeed.

Wow that looked fake, they should have just borrowed from Only Fools and Horses and dropped a Real Chandelier or something similar like the Trotters did.

Admittedly it appears some of these teasers are not from episodes.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    New teaser :

Oops indeed.

What the hell was that
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    New teaser :

Oops indeed.

What the hell was that

I think it's the personification of laziness
    I suspect it’s implying that the new Dr. has broken the glass ceiling - a barrier to advancement - especially for women and people of colour. The “oops” is, look, see what I’ve done, there’s no going back.That’s my read on it.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,102
    bondsum wrote: »
    I suspect it’s implying that the new Dr. has broken the glass ceiling - a barrier to advancement - especially for women and people of colour. The “oops” is, look, see what I’ve done, there’s no going back.That’s my read on it.

For the tenth time probably more... The teaser still looks terrible
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I’m more aghast at the choice of music...
    Likewise, I'll probably get shot down though a show I have loved for decades has been highjacked.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 3,333
    I agree that the teaser looks terrible... the choice of music is just another annoying hindrance. For the record, I’m not defending the direction that the show is being taken in. I think I’ve made that pretty clear in my past comments. For me, it’ll be the equivalent of watching Miss Marple being played by Daniel Kaluuya. No disrespect to Kaluuya, as I think his talents would be better suited elsewhere.
    Still not sure whether I am going to bother with this yet?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I'll give it a go... hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised and synism is unwarrented.

I'll give it a go... hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised and synism is unwarrented.

May check the comments on here after the first episode.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 5,772
    A picture of the series :
    DnKkk-MW0AEHgoK.jpg
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Interesting poster the images of the Hexagon cracked could allude to destruction of the time corridor, we may also be seeing a villain in the poster without realising it. Those gold crystalline shapes could be part of the organic looking tardis or possibly eggs or pods. This poster is the best pre show tease so far I am intrigued.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    As an outsider, anything I see marketed from this show always looks like a bizarre trip on drugs to me. I recall seeing that one episode years back with live mannequins chasing some woman around a factory - what an odd fever dream that was.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    As an outsider, anything I see marketed from this show always looks like a bizarre trip on drugs to me. I recall seeing that one episode years back with live mannequins chasing some woman around a factory - what an odd fever dream that was.

That could have been Rose 2005 the first episode of the reboot, Doctor Who at its best in the classic series was even more far out back in the 60's and 70"s. Its quite a crazy science fiction show for sure.
    And that's not even counting "The Web Planet" (even considering it as a metaphor for cancer, it was pretty weird), "The Celestial Toymaker", or "The Mind Robber".
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Mind Robber is by far the most "out there" of any Doctor Who series, be it classic or modern.
    The Mind Robber is by far the most "out there" of any Doctor Who series, be it classic or modern.

I love that episode fake Jamie is brilliant, good way to cover Frazer Hines none availability.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I love that episode fake Jamie is brilliant, good way to cover Frazer Hines none availability.

Yes, quick thinking that worked perfectly in that story.
    I ain't feeling it to be honest?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • For once can we get a lead actor who doesn't look ridiculous when they're running?
    Hmm a few awkward moments in that new trailer though it is early days, I wish they would stop playing that god awful song.
    Just saw the second trailer? Not one bit of it grabbed my interest!
    Just saw the second trailer? Not one bit of it grabbed my interest!

It's not great my gut says this is going to fall flat with Who fans, trying to be open minded.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I hate the sexist message 'Its about time' used,trying to make it a double message,but we all know what it means.

Puts me off it straight away,and the trailers have been shit.
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    I hate the sexist message 'Its about time' used,trying to make it a double message,but we all know what it means.

Puts me off it straight away,and the trailers have been shit.

I agree. It's not as clever as they think it is. But, saying that, wasn't that tagline also used for the McGann TV-movie?

I'm apprehensive about the new season. There is a distinct smugness about what I have seen so far that I sincerely hope doesn't transfer into the episodes themselves. For me, Chibnall has always been a far greater concern than Jodie Whittaker, who I think will do an excellent job with what she is given.
    Let's be honest, looking back over Capaldi's last two series (and maybe further back), it was obvious it would come to this.

Anyone remember The General, the white male general? Regenerated into the black female general, her first words spoken were about the "male ego". Imagine if that were the other way around, and the first words out of his mouth were along the lines of "Thank Rassilon for that. Now I don't have to apply make-up while crashing the TARDIS."

Even if Chibnall had cast an actress more unconventional looking (Maxine Peake, for example), there still remains that attitude that has been festering for a while.