No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    I personally think that the best James Bond movies have always included an Aston and long may it be so.[/i]

My top three certainly have.

Yes, we know, you never shut up about your love for GoldenEye, The World Is Not Enough, and Die Another Day. Give it a rest.

You ned to watch them in Norwegian to really understand it.
    More on the cinematography. This guy is a genius.

a0a089949539edc985c4dbd906212f8b.png
    a036541331505a601d4f78578baec4da.jpg
    tumblr_nwc6awD5iu1s8esgpo3_1280.jpg
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,318
    So uh, Mr Cary Fukunaga, please incorporate this very track into the opening sequence when Bond strolls through a classic train, riding through the mountains of Swiss, 'looking for something'. Back to the good old days. You're welcome.

• edited September 2018 Posts: 6,844
    I personally think that the best James Bond movies have always included an Aston and long may it be so.[/i]

Yes, we know, you never shut up about your love for GoldenEye, The World Is Not Enough, and Die Another Day. Give it a rest.

I hear a lot of early story ideas made their way into the Norwegian subtitles. Apparently Bond and Trevelyan were stepbrothers? And Bond and Renard? And Bond and Colonel Moon? Repetitive, but riveting.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 6,677
    @JeremyBondon, every time a new film is in production someone advocates the use of the 007 theme (usually that someone is me), but it never gets used and most fans find it too cartoonish - don't know why, personally I love it.

You'll have people saying that its Connery's theme. Others will say it belongs in the 60's. Others will find it cartoonish. Others plain hate it. I can guess what's coming, answers wise. But that about covers it.

Like I said, I'm all for it. Love that theme. A new rendition would be marvellous if made into something a bit more serious to suit the tone.
    Univex wrote: »
    @JeremyBondon, every time a new film is in production someone advocates the use of the 007 theme (usually that someone is me), but it never gets used and most fans find it too cartoonish - don't know why, personally I love it.

I fully agree. In all honesty, it's pure bliss and if done correctly pure Bondian magic. No drugs needed. It's a perfect track for an introduction and building a scene.

I hear a lot of early story ideas made their way into the Norwegian subtitles. Apparently Bond and Trevelyan were stepbrothers? And Bond and Renard? And Bond and Colonel Moon? Repetitive, but riveting.

Well yes, I can t deny it. Also Tiffany Case was Bond s half-sister.
    Surely it would be possible for a composer to make the 007 theme more dramatic than "upbeat" if needed? Even only using the repeating opening "duh-duh-duh" cue would be a great nod to Barry, and instantly recognizable to the hardcore fans.

Yup. All true.
  • Red_Snow wrote: »

Yup. All true.

Well that puts a Star Wars-ian spin on things.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

Gøldenæ? Đe Wørld is not Enough? DAD? The latter two are part of my horror cabinet. I doubt that the Norwegian version improves on them.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 616

As I noted a few pages ago, the images in BEASTS OF NO NATION became a source of controversy after it was revealed that Fukunaga ripped off photographer Richard Mosse's work. Fukunaga contacted Mosse during the making of film for inspiration and then never gave the photographer any credit for his input:

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/did-beasts-no-nation-director-rip-off-richard-mosse-361970
  • Escalus5 wrote: »

As I noted a few pages ago, the images in BEASTS OF NO NATION became a source of controversy after it was revealed that Fukunaga ripped off photographer Richard Mosse's work. Fukunaga contacted Mosse during the making of film for inspiration and then never gave the photographer any credit for his input:

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/did-beasts-no-nation-director-rip-off-richard-mosse-361970

Steal from the best, they say!

#DoingItRight
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    May I just say it is the Norwegians' rollicking sense of humor, warmth, and utter lack of sarcasm that makes me want to visit their beautiful country. That plus the fjords.
  • Yes, Norway is a very fjordable place to live and to visit.
    @Escalus5 There is a fine line between ripping someone off and taking inspiration from. I'm not sure what was discussed, but the photographer does seem a little butt hurt about it. I'm giving Fukunaga the benefit of the doubt, if there even was any.
    At last something OFFICIAL!!!!! Ok so their is a delay and I know nothing of the Director? However at least it is only a delay of a few months. Now I have the facts of the situation I can now focus on my own Bond project!
    May I just say it is the Norwegians' rollicking sense of humor, warmth, and utter lack of sarcasm that makes me want to visit their beautiful country. That plus the fjords.

And the Northern Lights.

And the Northern Lights.

Adding the gorgeous women, too.
    Northern Lights for sure. :) Trolls, on the other hand, I have enough experience with on social media. ;)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

Pining for the fiords, are you?
    Seriously (and I realize this won't happen most likely) I'd LOVE Norway to be featured in a Bond film.
    Seriously (and I realize this won't happen most likely) I'd LOVE Norway to be featured in a Bond film.

I have absolutely no problem with that. I love Norway. Althoug I haven't seen that much of it so far, is a great country with a beautiful countryside, however I may joke about it here and there.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Escalus5 wrote: »

That isn't ripping off anyone. If Fukunaga contacted Mosse, specifically asking for his input, then Mosse KNOWS the deal. That's an artist offering help and then getting his feelings hurt that there was no "Special Thanks to..." credit in bold letters.
  • TripAces wrote: »

That isn't ripping off anyone. If Fukunaga contacted Mosse, specifically asking for his input, then Mosse KNOWS the deal. That's an artist offering help and then getting his feelings hurt that there was no "Special Thanks to..." credit in bold letters.

You can interpret it any way you'd like. Just don't try to convince me that Fukunaga is an aesthetic genius based on BEASTS OF NO NATION.
    Look at all of his work. I value his talent based on True Detective alone.
    TripAces wrote: »

You can interpret it any way you'd like. Just don't try to convince me that Fukunaga is an aesthetic genius based on BEASTS OF NO NATION.

That would be silly indeed. However gents, this little piece of information just sent a tingle through my spine: "He's been working on a project with HBO, based on Stanley Kubrick's unproduced film about Napoleon"
  • peterpeter Toronto
    matt_u wrote: »
    Killing off the character would be silly. Suggesting a 007 death leaving the audience with the doubt would be even sillier. They'll never do it.

On the other hand i would be all in for a Fleming finale in the vein of YOLT, with Bond presumed dead by his team while living in some remote places not knowing who he really is.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Killing off Bond is as stupid an idea as Brofeld.

The YOLT ending would be a fantastic way to send off Craig’s Bond—just as I’ve always thought it would have made a fantastic ending for Fleming’s novels. Bond is missing, presumed dead. He has amnesia and is being held a willing captive by some girl pregnant with his child in some remote part of the world. Then he discovers something that makes him slowly recall a part of who is, and without truly remembering anything of his past or profession, he heads off, directly into the clutches of some great and terrible enemy to rediscover who he really is. How perfectly Bondian. How truly Fleming. And it would go along with this whole theme they’ve been working on with Bond becoming Bond, etc. Then they can start wherever they want with the next guy. Sounds like something this Fukunaga guy would go in for at least.

A big yes to this, and beautifully expressed!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,450

2385340575001_2520193193001_a2350f15-f27e-4c3f-b80e-b8f244940770.jpg?pubId=2385340575001&videoId=2520213116001

maxresdefault.jpg

• You guys are bringing up Kubrick here and whatnot. What does any of this have to do with Bond? As long as Bond punches everything in sight we’ll get a great film. I say Sly Stallone should direct!