What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Another good example of Billie Eilish

Lovely

idontwannabeyouanymore

As said before, she is sugestion for Bond 26 or Bond 27.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I think my preference for Bond 25 would be The Arctic Monkeys, their latest albums is showing that Alex Turner is undoubtedly the one of the most talented singer song writers of the last 25 years.

As far as British bands are concerned they are the only one out there that could challenge Radiohead when it comes to longevity and varied ever growing discography.

As far as bands are concerned they for me are my preference and are hoping that Boyle gets free reign to bring whoever he chooses as long as it's not Ed Sheeran, this picking the biggest artist of the time isn't for me delivering truly memorable title tunes like of the previous era.

With Adele's popularity and the huge success of Skyfall aside I think a good percentage would say that the late Chris Cornell and Arnold's collaboration YKMN is the standout of the era and the one song of last 4 that truly still stands up with the film and without.

Although I was listening to a few hours back a rather great Blue Note compilation Best of Blue Break Beats, the weekend is my chance to chill and fire up my Rega Planar RP3 turntable and soak up some vinyl goodness.

It's a cracking set of songs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Break-Beats-Various-Artists/dp/B000058E2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534074087&sr=8-1&keywords=best+of+blue+break+beats

In amongst some true classics is a cracking cover of Light My Fire from our very own Shirley Bassey. A bit Bondian and just a cracking arrangement with a fantastic reading from Ms Bassey and I thought wouldn't it be rather apt to have Craig's last go out with a full throated epic of tune like this or one of the Dame's title tunes.

When Adele was announced I envisaged or hoped for something more of this ilk, especially when you think of one of her finest Set Fire To The Rain, instead although very
    well suited to Kleinman's terrific titles on it's own it's a bit of dirge.

Could we just get an old school up beat classic to make this era go out in style. If Arnold is coming back or even Pemberton the other possibility a collaboration with a great Female or Male vocalist would be truly the way to end DC's tenure.

No more of this chasing the flavour of the month option, just a great vocalist that will produce a song that isn't going to date or look embarrassing in years to come.

Any thoughts on a female or male established and possibly classic rather than recent who could fit the bill of Bassey, Tom Jones, Matt Munroe like who could do this?
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I think my preference for Bond 25 would be The Arctic Monkeys, their latest albums is showing that Alex Turner is undoubtedly the one of the most talented singer song writers of the last 25 years.

As far as British bands are concerned they are the only one out there that could challenge Radiohead when it comes to longevity and varied ever growing discography.

As far as bands are concerned they for me are my preference and are hoping that Boyle gets free reign to bring whoever he chooses as long as it's not Ed Sheeran, this picking the biggest artist of the time isn't for me delivering truly memorable title tunes like of the previous era.

With Adele's popularity and the huge success of Skyfall aside I think a good percentage would say that the late Chris Cornell and Arnold's collaboration YKMN is the standout of the era and the one song of last 4 that truly still stands up with the film and without.

Although I was listening to a few hours back a rather great Blue Note compilation Best of Blue Break Beats, the weekend is my chance to chill and fire up my Rega Planar RP3 turntable and soak up some vinyl goodness.

It's a cracking set of songs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Break-Beats-Various-Artists/dp/B000058E2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534074087&sr=8-1&keywords=best+of+blue+break+beats

In amongst some true classics is a cracking cover of Light My Fire from our very own Shirley Bassey. A bit Bondian and just a cracking arrangement with a fantastic reading from Ms Bassey and I thought wouldn't it be rather apt to have Craig's last go out with a full throated epic of tune like this or one of the Dame's title tunes.

When Adele was announced I envisaged or hoped for something more of this ilk, especially when you think of one of her finest Set Fire To The Rain, instead although very
    well suited to Kleinman's terrific titles on it's own it's a bit of dirge.

Could we just get an old school up beat classic to make this era go out in style. If Arnold is coming back or even Pemberton the other possibility a collaboration with a great Female or Male vocalist would be truly the way to end DC's tenure.

No more of this chasing the flavour of the month option, just a great vocalist that will produce a song that isn't going to date or look embarrassing in years to come.

Any thoughts on a female or male established and possibly classic rather than recent who could fit the bill of Bassey, Tom Jones, Matt Munroe like who could do this?

Couldn’t agree more on Adele’s song. Definitely overrated. But like SF itself.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Would really like Arctic Monkeys to do a title song, as well. Then again, I've listened to them since they released their first album, so I'm no doubt biased.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,261
    Blue_Man4_%28SP%29_2009_Brazil.JPG

If needed, they also could play the henchmen. ;)
    Let me guess their genre. Blues?
    Let me guess their genre. Blues?

Bluegrass too, maybe?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    But not blue-eyed soul.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Lissie. Listen to Blood And Muscle. She's got the voice and songwriting skills.

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,318
    My vote strongly goes to this Dutch diva who is killing it at America's Got Talent right now, Glennis Grace. She has the name, the looks and one of the best voices in the world today. Just for Mi6community she recorded this ;) A bit of classic glamour.
    Lissie. Listen to Blood And Muscle. She's got the voice and songwriting skills.

That could work! Missed out on the chance to see her live earlier this summer actually. She played at a festival in my hometown.
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    first choices :
    Depeche Mode / Dave Gahan
    Bat For Lashes / Natasha Khan

then...
    Katie Melua
    Alicia Keys, ALONE
    Sade
    Goldfrapp

most important : No more duets
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    first choices :
    Depeche Mode / Dave Gahan
    Bat For Lashes / Natasha Khan
    Sade
    Nice choices. It's almost a crime that DM never did a theme. Sade's a perfect fit.
  • KillmasterKillmaster Roanoke, Virginia USA
    Good point, MonsieurMerci! I completely agree. No more duets! Established musical groups are one thing, but ......

I also think that Alicia Keys, as a solo singer, could have done a superb job with a Bond theme. She has a beautiful voice. It's too bad she'll never get the chance now to prove it. I really liked Another Way to Die musically, but lyrically it was terrible. The only worse lyrics were those in Die Another Day.

Only Shirley Bassey has been able to repeat so far and for good reason. Her rendition of Goldfinger set the bar for everyone who came after her.
  • To sing the song of BOND 25 I would like:

* Michael Bublé
    * Adam Levine
    * Robbie Williams

;)
  • Jack_Wade wrote: »
    To sing the song of BOND 25 I would like:

* Michael Bublé
    * Adam Levine
    * Robbie Williams

;)

How about all three at the same time. Sam Smith can crank out the lyrics in about 20 minutes.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Jack_Wade wrote: »
    To sing the song of BOND 25 I would like:

* Michael Bublé
    * Adam Levine
    * Robbie Williams

;)

How about all three at the same time. Sam Smith can crank out the lyrics in about 20 minutes.

Cool idea, though Sam Smith would like to know, if he risks it all, would you break his fall? ;)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,438
    Clare Maguire (English)

Look like she is fan of Skyfall and Spectre..

220px-Last_DanceClare.jpg

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    A new track by Guns N' Roses would be amazing. Slash and Axl on an original recording for the first time in over a quarter of a century. That would be a big pull. Failing that, I'd have Lissie. She's a massive talent.
    Goldfrapp thea
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited September 2018 Posts: 805
    I think DC will want to go out with a bang, including a title song by one of his favourites. If Radiohead could be convinced to have another go at it, then they would be most likely. If not, I could see Arctic Monkeys or possibly even Liam or Noel Gallagher. Either way, I definitely think we're in for more of a rock-orientated LALD-type tune.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 1,261
    Let's have Sir Stanley Rogers write the score AND the song. His OCTOPUSSY song had genius written all over it.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Mr. Saltzman! Mr. Broccoli!
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    edited September 2018 Posts: 222
    I think DC will have his say on this as its his last outing. He wanted Kings of Leon a few years ago I think. Myself I'd prefer a non-trendy happening top of the hip parade choice this time around.

Having said that I did like the Black Panther soundtrack and lead song a great deal.

Let's bring back Moloko or at least the beautiful voice of Róisín Murphy. She's on top form here, very Bond:

This discussion has been closed.