What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

Getafix wrote: »
    Given recent choices Sheeran would look like a logical next step.

Yes, probaby or Rag'n'bone man.
    Given the current crop of artists available, I don't want anyone signing it. Not that I'm what you'd call a fan but maybe Rihanna could still belt out a good tune?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dame Shirley Bassey...
    Re ABBA , Benny and Bjorn were stunning song writers IMHO and I am sure, given the chance, they could have come up with something really good.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2018 Posts: 4,444
    Paramore

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramore

Or for second song like The Living Daylights and The pretenders.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Lana del Rey.
    Lana del Rey.

Na. May be 7 years ago

I really hope one of the Alex Turner bands, Arctic Monkeys or The Last Shadow Puppets is on some sort of list. Lovely stuff. AM have worked with Danny Boyle already, too.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

EquatorialWeeklyArctichare-size_restricted.gif
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Shirley Bassey.
    Danielle de Niese to sing it. To write it I don't know.
    This is for the UK members as I am crap on music.

Does anyone know who the artist is who is shown singing in a car advert on TV at the moment ?

Might be Ford im not sure.
    She has a very Bondian vocal,she is blonde and quite wild in her dress,long blonde (not naturally ) hair ?

I've seen her before but buggered if I know who it is !!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This is for the UK members as I am crap on music.

Does anyone know who the artist is who is shown singing in a car advert on TV at the moment ?

She has a very Bondian vocal,she is blonde and quite wild in her dress,long blonde (not naturally ) hair ?

I've seen her before but buggered if I know who it is !!
    Are you thinking of Paloma Faith? Skoda?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I cant see You Tube on this bloody thing...hang on,let me pop onto WIKI and see .

EDIT : Yes that's her,thanks,what do you think ?

EDIT 2 : Just saw this on WIKI : Faith is a mezzo-soprano. Her music often blends soul and elements of gospel; she has been consequently compared to Amy Winehouse and Adele.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I like her voice, but I don't know much about her even though I've heard of her. She seems a bit mellow in the Adele mold. Not sure if she's ever done a faster paced track.

After the slop we were dished out last time I would like something a bit up tempo like Duffy. Or something more rock oriented.
    I can see where you are coming from there,yeah.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,512
    The snippet of the new Arctic Monkeys, although short, sounds great. Has a slightly old school orchestral feel. Would love them to do one before it’s too late, if only to see Alex Turner’s lyrics. It would be a belter and sell a f*** tonne. Win win for EON.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    I like her voice, but I don't know much about her even though I've heard of her. She seems a bit mellow in the Adele mold. Not sure if she's ever done a faster paced track.

After the slop we were dished out last time I would like something a bit up tempo like Duffy. Or something more rock oriented.

Does Duffy still make music?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Has anybody mentioned Ville Valo? I really like his voice a lot.
    London Grammar
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Has anybody mentioned Ville Valo? I really like his voice a lot.

Allegedly he came pretty close around the time of QoS, there was some chatter about David Arnold liking him etc, also he had a number 1 song in 2007, which helped. I was rooting for him a bit, but in the end it did not happen and instead we got one of the worst songs in the franchise. I think his chances have passed now.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Prefer the original by Mama Cass...
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 11,425
    Paloma Faith would be a predictable choice. not my cup of tea though. and probably not enough US appeal. Ed Shearan has to be a shoe in surely?

I'm really hoping Boyle takes the music up a gear or two for B25. A lot of his films are as well known for their music soundtracks so I am sure he won't settle for aural anaesthetic of the sort that Newman churns out. really hoping that he insists the composer works with the title song artist this time.

the only moments the SF and SP scores worked for me were when they made brief reference to the respective title songs
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 157
    Goldfrapp _Stranger
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 11,425
    goldfrapp would have made sense 15 years ago. As Massive Attack or Portishead would have done 20 years back. Portishead in particular were huge Barry fans.
This discussion has been closed.