Bond 25 (and Beyond) directors you consider. This can be directors, second Unit Director or D.O.P.

15678911»

Comments

• doghouse wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's why it gets flagged endlessly, because people can't handle how much fun they're having and how level-headed and cool the discussion is, I'm sure.

lol. Nailed it...

Reasons being too much testosterone & too little news = frustration?

Too much estrogen is more like it.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,318
    doghouse wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »

That's why it gets flagged endlessly, because people can't handle how much fun they're having and how level-headed and cool the discussion is, I'm sure.

lol. Nailed it...

Reasons being too much testosterone & too little news = frustration?

Too much estrogen is more like it.

I don't see Germanlady around here anymore, ta.
  • Baz's article states that Eon are looking for female directors (which is clearly an attempt at damage control).

I reckon Sam Taylor-Wood is almost certainly on that list. She's a famous photography turned filmmaker who has had a smattering of success. Though most will just see her as the Fifty Shades director, she has worke with Craig/Eon before.

Her image of Craig crying before he was cast as Bond is quite famous

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN1oTYllZsEVPAjNkhzTHzLy7lV9jy7fkLQ050eM74Jq0k7A_j

This was also responsible for this film

She just had a new film screen at TIFF that played well to critics. Eon could do a lot worse at the eleventh hour.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I don't have any problem if they'll choose a woman. It would be pretty interesting. But I don't like the idea that this time around the director MUST be a woman at every cost.
    I am wondering if he is denying he said anything because he has been cast
    matt_u wrote: »
    I don't have any problem if they'll choose a woman. It would be pretty interesting. But I don't like the idea that this time around the director MUST be a woman at every cost.

This gentlemen is 100% pure idiocy anno 2018, if true. It has to be a woman uh.. because...uh... sexism! Empowerment! Feminism!
  • matt_u wrote: »

This gentlemen is 100% pure idiocy anno 2018, if true. It has to be a woman uh.. because...uh... sexism! Empowerment! Feminism!

Yeah! Down with women!
    OwenDavian wrote: »

Yeah! Down with women!

Grow up, it reeks of trolling. Especially after what the mods posted.
  • OwenDavian wrote: »

Yeah! Down with women!

Grow up.

You should take your own advice.

Yeah! Down with women!

Grow up.

You should take your own advice.

Hopefully you will be banned soon. Done with it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,368
    Give it up, guys. Yet again: these personal spats can go to PM's, you can argue as much as you'd like there. Quit derailing threads with it and stick to the topic at hand.
  • OwenDavian wrote: »

Yeah! Down with women!

Then stop posting incredibly ignorant things.
    Give it up, guys. Yet again: these personal spats can go to PM's, you can argue as much as you'd like there. Quit derailing threads with it and stick to the topic at hand.

I agree, but this individual is quite toxic in his/her approach every single time. I think it's fitting to tell him/her that. What he/she stated doesn't even come close to what I meant. It's a spin and not a nice one.

Yeah! Down with women!

You need to read carefully before you spew out something I never meant or stated. That's a lesson for you. You attack people constantly and don't really care in general, from what I've read.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If you have issues with a particular member you feel is breaking the rules, then that's what the flagging system is for - flag them and the mods will handle it accordingly. Starting a fight with them and derailing a thread is only going to lead to official warnings (especially if mods keep stepping in and asking you all to quit it, just for you to blatantly ignore said warnings). Keep it cool, play nice and follow the rules and it won't happen.

Yeah! Down with women!

If you have issues with a particular member you feel is breaking the rules, then that's what the flagging system is for - flag them and the mods will handle it accordingly. Starting a fight with them and derailing a thread is only going to lead to official warnings (especially if mods keep stepping in and asking you all to quit it, just for you to blatantly ignore said warnings). Keep it cool, play nice and follow the rules and it won't happen.

Flagging is the reason why the production thread was closed down in the first place. I am very careful with flagging, not to bother the mods too much. This individual keeps spamming threads with nonsense and I'm fed up with it. Pure trolling, actually.

/last post
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Meanwhile, Duncan Jones has something to say... :)

ebc10bfaf0c2f11c60b639afd49f8af6d771c315.jpeg
    That´s more a political Statement than a Bond Audition.

Cyber attack on UK Banks might be believable indeed, which once again Shows how precognitive Bond films have been. In this case GE.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Rather liked the Hitchcockian thriller side of Source Code (more-so than the Sci-Fi side) - would be curious to see a Duncan Jones effort...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    What a shame Dads not still here to provide the title track .
  • I know that my choice is gonna be kind of a weird one but personally I would love to see Martin Scorsese direct a James Bond movie. The man is an absolute genius and I feel like he would do the character justice. Either him or David Fincher or Christopher Nolan.
  • Cary Fukunaga was a name I always thought would be terrific. The action in True Detective was terrific (that one shot!).

Plus he has made some terrific array of diverse films, including a Jane Eyre adaptation and a film about child soldiers.

The guy is a real talent. His new TV series had its premiere in London tonight. Is there any chance, he could have met with Eon today? could he be the guy?

5023B01000000578-6165283-image-a-118_1536863224856.jpg

Cary Fukunaga was a name I always thought would be terrific. The action in True Detective was terrific (that one shot!).

Plus he has made some terrific array of diverse films, including a Jane Eyre adaptation and a film about child soldiers.

The guy is a real talent. His new TV series had its premiere in London tonight. Is there any chance, he could have met with Eon today? could he be the guy?

5023B01000000578-6165283-image-a-118_1536863224856.jpg

Not to be smug. But can I draw people' s attention to my post a week before Fukuanga's announcement.

I'm pretty certain Barbara is reading my posts....
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Haha I suggested Cary's name some days before you man, always in this topic. No one replied. There were rumors and stories about all this TV directors linked to 25 and I thought: Jesus Christ, if they want someone with some strong TV background then Fukunaga is the man!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,415
    90f8289b70ab2d0093941bca9876d862736e7599
    Garth Davis. Australian Directer of Lion (2016)

Another Australian directer sugestion besides Peter Weir.

Alexandre de Franceschi wil be the editor. Working twice with directer. Lion have very good pacing.

If there hired Garth Davis you already have Rooney Mara in the movie as one of the Bondgirls and David Wenham atleast as henchman. As lead villian, mabey to much of Alan Rickman (RIP) Die Hard type. There can consider him for Hildebrand, but i prefer Matthias Schoenaerts.

Another option is that can re-consider Chiwetel Ejiofor for part in the movie, after there deside there go for les known for Spectre. Also working with Tchéky Karyo (Goldeneye) can return for playing litle younger version of Mr White (Sugest Karyo his return when there be ''untrue'' remours that Jesper Christensen has no intrest to return.), if there not whant to consider David Wenham for that part.

Iam not sjure or i whant Davis already for Bond 26 with Daniel Craig as Bond. Inspecialy because you get Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig in one movie again. David Wenham and Rooney Mara are two people who directer already work three times with.

M_Balje wrote: »
    90f8289b70ab2d0093941bca9876d862736e7599
    Garth Davis. Australian Directer of Lion (2016)

Another Australian directer sugestion besides Peter Weir.

Alexandre de Franceschi wil be the editor. Working twice with directer. Lion have very good pacing.

If there hired Garth Davis you already have Rooney Mara in the movie as one of the Bondgirls and David Wenham atleast as henchman. As lead villian, mabey to much of Alan Rickman (RIP) Die Hard type. There can consider him for Hildebrand, but i prefer Matthias Schoenaerts.

Another option is that can re-consider Chiwetel Ejiofor for part in the movie, after there deside there go for les known for Spectre. Also working with Tchéky Karyo (Goldeneye) can return for playing litle younger version of Mr White (Sugest Karyo his return when there be ''untrue'' remours that Jesper Christensen has no intrest to return.), if there not whant to consider David Wenham for that part.

Iam not sjure or i whant Davis already for Bond 26 with Daniel Craig as Bond. Inspecialy because you get Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig in one movie again. David Wenham and Rooney Mara are two people who directer already work three times with.

Actors and directors don't come as a package deal, they don't "already have" an actor just because of the director.