No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I know. It's insane.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    My head is going to explode lol

This is the scene this scenario reminds me of. Bond and Largo keep frenetically fighting and turning the ship that is Bond 25!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Good thing we have 24 other films to help ease the sanity.
    Jean-Marc Vallee may be too busy. But David Mackenzie and Yann Demange could accept.

Didn't EON already string Demange along for a month or two, only to drop him when Boyle got interested?

He's not coming back.

Escalus5 wrote: »
    Jean-Marc Vallee may be too busy. But David Mackenzie and Yann Demange could accept.

Didn't EON already string Demange along for a month or two, only to drop him when Boyle got interested?

He's not coming back.

Money and fame make people forget and forgive quickly
    Ok, I am going full idiot now.

As a person that never worked a day in Hollywood nor has any idea how these things go..

How tough is it to find a new director?

Let's say we already have a script..

You call every single director (or agent) that you want....you see which one of them are interested...you call them up to an interview and ask them about their ideas and stuff...

After that you choose one of them to get the job.

This should all be done in a month..

Let's say 2 at most(!!!)

If we don't get a new director by mid October this will be really really worrying
    So from what we know it seems Boyle left & wasn't fired. He probably got fed up with babs & Craig's constant demands & tinkering & said forget it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Risico007 wrote: »

He's not coming back.

Money and fame make people forget and forgive quickly

He may have been upset, but he knows this is the business.

After all, this is a Bond film. Daniel Craig’s last. I was excited for Demange to get it before. I hope he gets it now. He has a youthful edginess that I think will put the bite back in the Craig Bond.

Yeah. My guess is Boyle didn't expect to have to give up so much creative control. They need a non-auteur director for Bond 25.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I've seen Stuart Baird mentioned as a possible replacement. He'd be great. I thought EXECUTIVE DECISION (which Baird directed) was one of the best action thrillers of the '90s, and Baird did solid work as an editor on CR and SF.

Okay, yeah, his style would DEFINITELY work for Bond IMHO.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I've seen Stuart Baird mentioned as a possible replacement. He'd be great. I thought EXECUTIVE DECISION (which Baird directed) was one of the best action thrillers of the '90s, and Baird did solid work as an editor on CR and SF.

With all of the insanity I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not
    There's a reason he hasn't directed anything big since Star Trek Nemesis
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It's all down to Craig now to prove all the naysayers wrong like he did originally back 2006.

People are writing him off in the droves it seems (or as we are led to be believed).

If this makes it's original release and doesn't get delayed, I hope DC uses all the negativity this is causing and channels it into giving his best performance and helping to craft a film for the ages.

I truly believe he wanted to go out in style and I don't think he'll be part of another lacklustre film if that can be helped

All this talk of DC being a nobody in Hollywood is utter BS, yes he's only famous because of Bond but that role carries allot of weight and although I don't expect him to taking on tent pole pictures, I can see him crafting quite an interesting career as a character actor after Bond.

Craig is respected by rafts of people and when you have the likes of Spielberg, Fincher & Soderbergh in your corner you are far from a has been. Some of your comments are laughable.

It's like watching a bunch of children not get there own way and spitting their dummies out on here.

Yes I'm a big DC advocate although I recognise his flaws but some here are just taking all these stories and getting worked up into a right lather. Yes the trade papers are likely to be near the mark but the British broadsheets aren't much better than the tabloids these days with their hack cut and paste journalism.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »

With all of the insanity I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not
    I'm being serious.
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    He wasn't a Trek fan and did not understand the material or characters. It's well directed though, even if it's bad Trek.

The reason being? Haven't watched that film, myself.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 1,661
    antovolk wrote: »
    Sounds like the Hodge script is being tossed aside and they don’t want to return to P&W as they are looking for a writer-director to replace Boyle https://variety.com/2018/film/news/bond-25-release-date-danny-boyle-1202915388/

Wow. If this is true then it looks very doubtful they'll start shooting in Dec or early Jan 2019. Also, if this claim is true - they've had four years to lock the screenplay! Four years (!) and they've got three months left to get a new screenplay in finished condition? Had he been alive, Cubby Broccoli would be shocked by this state of affairs.
    What do you guys reckon happens to Madeline Albright? Bond seemed to be pretty serious with her and she with him. Even confessed explicitly to love and stuff. It would be weird if Bond just ditches her like a common shag.
    One thing I'm not seeing made mention regarding keeping the date-what about all the promotional partners and studios? With the Oct 2019 date set so long ago, so many things have to already be in place regarding advertising and tie-ins. Given that Omega just released that photo of Craig in their newest Seamaster, I'm sure they've got other things up their sleeve in the lead up to Bond 25. Not saying EON will cater to them, but just like with Justice League keeping it's same date, there's more to consider for these big tent pole pictures and other financial deals that have been made.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    What do you guys reckon happens to Madeline Albright? Bond seemed to be pretty serious with her and she with him. Even confessed explicitly to love and stuff. It would be weird if Bond just ditches her like a common shag.

I don't think it will work out. She's really busy with her speaking engagements and international diplomacy.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    echo wrote: »
    The way people are going on and on here:

Barbara Broccoli Productions presents

Daniel Craig
    as
    Barbara Broccoli's James Bond 007
    in
    The Intellectual Property of a Lady

Starring
    Rachel Weisz
    Ella Loudon
    and introducing fetus Craig

Cameo by Michael G. Wilson (maybe)

Written by Barbara Broccoli
    Additional material by Daniel Craig

Produced by Barbara Broccoli

Directed by Barbara Broccoli

Hahahaha
    Your forgetting, directed by Daniel Craig
    And starring Sam Mendes as the villain
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    RC7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    My question is why would Eon/Boyle start screen-testing Russian actors if they were unhappy with the so called "modern-day cold war" story? None of this makes remote sense.

It really doesn't. There is most likely something more that hasn't been leaked to the media…or?

Precisely. But it’s not as fun for the clowns on here to reign it in when they can revel in going full on psycho for a bit. Who cares about detail? KILL CRAIG! KILL HIM! KILL HIM IN THE FACE!

You capture the mood so well, @RC7. ;) Sigh ...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    echo wrote: »

I don't think it will work out. She's really busy with her speaking engagements and international diplomacy.

Love it, @echo
    Shardlake wrote: »
    It's all down to Craig now to prove all the naysayers wrong like he did originally back 2006.

People are writing him off in the droves it seems (or as we are led to be believed).

If this makes it's original release and doesn't get delayed, I hope DC uses all the negativity this is causing and channels it into giving his best performance and helping to craft a film for the ages.

I truly believe he wanted to go out in style and I don't think he'll be part of another lacklustre film if that can be helped

All this talk of DC being a nobody in Hollywood is utter BS, yes he's only famous because of Bond but that role carries allot of weight and although I don't expect him to taking on tent pole pictures, I can see him crafting quite an interesting career as a character actor after Bond.

Craig is respected by rafts of people and when you have the likes of Spielberg, Fincher & Soderbergh in your corner you are far from a has been. Some of your comments are laughable.

It's like watching a bunch of children not get there own way and spitting their dummies out on here.

Yes I'm a big DC advocate although I recognise his flaws but some here are just taking all these stories and getting worked up into a right lather. Yes the trade papers are likely to be near the mark but the British broadsheets aren't much better than the tabloids these days with their hack cut and paste journalism.

This! Very well said, Sir. Thank you.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    JET007 wrote: »
    One thing I'm not seeing made mention regarding keeping the date-what about all the promotional partners and studios? With the Oct 2019 date set so long ago, so many things have to already be in place regarding advertising and tie-ins. Given that Omega just released that photo of Craig in their newest Seamaster, I'm sure they've got other things up their sleeve in the lead up to Bond 25. Not saying EON will cater to them, but just like with Justice League keeping it's same date, there's more to consider for these big tent pole pictures and other financial deals that have been made.
    The Omega promo is not necessarily related to B25. Craig and EON have a deal with Omega where he can appear as Bond to promote watches while he's the incumbent. Brosnan used to do it between films as well.

You raise a good point about financial partners and other arrangements though. Let's see what's announced tomorrow.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    BREAKING: https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2696-exclusiva-reunion-de-emergencia-24-a

This Friday, August 24th, there will be an emergency meeting with the film crew in London.

At this meeting, it will be announced when the rehearsals will resume (scheduled for September the 3rd) or filming will resume (scheduled for December the 3rd).

A date or a postponement could be announced.

Russian television REN TV also echoes the news and adds an interesting detail: the actor and former MMA fighter (mixed martial arts), Oleg Taktarov, would have made a test a month ago for a villain role.

qSg4C5H.jpg
    Excellent and intimidating actor. I first saw him in the 90's in 15 Minutes, which is coincidentally the first time I saw Vera Farmiga.

The reason being? Haven't watched that film, myself.

He was handed a derivative script (which he could not recognize as such) and put in a 'car chase' which would have been at home in a Bond movie, but not a Trek film. Hardy was a bit mis-cast, and the action was too hot & heavy for a Trek movie.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I really haven't read anything to make me thing for sure that the Hodge script is abandoned. I don't that at all.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    The Omega promo is not necessarily related to B25. Craig and EON have a deal with Omega where he can appear as Bond to promote watches while he's the incumbent. Brosnan used to do it between films as well.

You raise a good point about financial partners and other arrangements though. Let's see what's announced tomorrow.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    BREAKING: https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2696-exclusiva-reunion-de-emergencia-24-a

This Friday, August 24th, there will be an emergency meeting with the film crew in London.

At this meeting, it will be announced when the rehearsals will resume (scheduled for September the 3rd) or filming will resume (scheduled for December the 3rd).

A date or a postponement could be announced.

Russian television REN TV also echoes the news and adds an interesting detail: the actor and former MMA fighter (mixed martial arts), Oleg Taktarov, would have made a test a month ago for a villain role.

qSg4C5H.jpg
    Excellent and intimidating actor. I first saw him in the 90's in 15 Minutes, which is coincidentally the first time I saw Vera Farmiga.
    Would Taktarkov's audition even matter at this point, if Hodge's script has been scrapped?
    @bondjames , it may very well be playing on the iconography only and not Bond 25 specifically, but it was no coincidence Craig was wearing their Commander Seamaster when he announced his return. I would imagine they've got another special edition already deep in the planning process to tie in with Bond 25. Given how long it takes to service their watches, I'm curious how far along the new watch is.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Shardlake wrote: »

You're speaking a lot of sense @Shardlake. Much of what's been said over the past few days has been ridiculous, and not based in any fact-- just emotions.

There's a lot more behind this than a casting decision.

As Deadline is reporting: if a director is chosen within the next 60 days, they're on track. And supposedly an offer's been made to one of the candidates.

I hope Demange gets it, and all this talk about being second or third choice can be spun quite easily-- especially if he makes a kick ass Bond film. He will be celebrated (and in some case be considered the Second Coming of Campbell if he hits out of the park). If the film's a success, no one will be talking about second or third choice candidates. The headlines will read: The Man Who Saved Bond...