No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Bond gets Mcquarrie I am suddenly the happiest Bond fan in the world

Omg come on Eon I will defend Spectre and Sam Mendes to the death of you give me Mcquarrie
    If Hodge's script itself is good, they should just show it to Campbell and Mendes, I'm sure one of them would agree to direct for the right amount of money.
    EON has never hired an American film director. I can't see them doing so now. McQuarrie would be the first US director. Will it happen? Can't imagine so.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    A delay at this point wouldn't really be the end of the world. A part of me always felt that it was going to be the case anyway, with the release schedule as it is next November.

As long as it's not a whole year, I can live with a delay. Six months for example.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Atleast the minted amongst us can buy ourselves a DB5 that isnt road legal

Smh
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Maybe and only maybe due to offering too much artistic control to Mendes and leading to SPECTRE they started to get similar vibes from Boyle and his ideas and decided to stop it before the film went into production.

I just don't know and till we hear something official we'll be speculating to the cows come home.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS

Christopher McQuarrie is the rumoured replacement

No time like the present for Daniel to make his directing debut.

Wonder if BB and MGW ever discussed B25 with Reed Morano will working on 'The Rhythm Section'.
    Speaking of Morano, what the heck is happening with that chick flick EON is making? It's been dead quiet on that front too for a while.

I can't see McQuarrie wanting to clean up this mess. They're just floating his name due to the critical and commercial success of Fallout.

They wrapped shooting in June/July. Morano did Insta vids most days during filming.
    Oh, thanks. I didn't know that. It's been pretty low key and little has been posted about it here since Lively had her accident so I wasn't aware.
    McQuarrie is too burnt out doing Fallout. He's already stated he's going to do something smaller. However anything can happen. J.J. Abrams went from Star Trek to Star Wars so anything is possible.
    A long delay would give the media even more of an excuse to milk "who will replace Craig?" Heck, a long delay might convince Daniel to walk. But a few months wouldn't be a big deal. TND started shooting in April 1997 and met its release date. Things are doable but getting rid of your director - a big name director - a few months before shooting, not so great!
    I am gonna put fake money on Mcquarrie coming in to direct and P & W will come in to do a re write on Hodge’s script
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Plus McQ is loyal to Cruise. This is just wishful thinking or rumour at best
    I wish we could at least know more about why this didn’t work out. “Creative differences” could mean anything. We really don’t know anything about why it happened. To look on the optimistic side, it is possible we may have dodged a bullet if the idea was a bad one or other bad things were starting to come to the story. We’ll probably never know.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Is this the part where I freak out?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Perhaps Hodge’s script will still be used? If so, then I don’t think I’d be as concerned about a delay.
    Prediction: we won't see another A-list director try to direct a Bond film until Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson are GONE. Now I'm hoping more than ever before that they will sell the franchise after Bond 25. I simply don't trust them anymore.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    EON has never hired an American film director. I can't see them doing so now. McQuarrie would be the first US director. Will it happen? Can't imagine so.

First time for everything. Maybe it's something they need to do to inject new blood into the franchise.
    I've solved the problem. Let Daniel Craig direct it. LOL

(sorry, just wanted to lighten the mood a bit)
  • 00Ralf00Ralf Germany
    I am flabbergasted.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    If Boyle and Hodge were a packaged deal, why isn't Hodge's name mentioned in the press release?
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I've solved the problem. Let Daniel Craig direct it. LOL

(sorry, just wanted to lighten the mood a bit)
    They seriously should consider it. It would create tremendous buzz, and I'm sure that with the guidance of BB & MGW + an experienced second unit director, he would do a decent job.
    giphy.gif
    What the hell?! Really don't know what to reply to this. What sort of mess is this film turning into?

Couple of questions. First relating to the statement:
    "Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig today announced that due to creative differences Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25."
    Does Craig have a role in addition to playing the main character that automatically places his name on announcements like this? Or is he in any way connected to the "creative differences" mentioned? This was the first thing that came to mind when reading this.
    I'm not surprised his name is listed frankly. He has co-producer credit and from what I recall reading, he's the one who took Boyle's idea to Broccoli/Wilson. So I wouldn't be surprised if the 'creative differences' pertain to him and Boyle either, because if not, he could have used his leverage with EON to make it work. Eventually, we'll learn more.

I've said this before, but they appear highly reliant on him. I'm not happy about that, but it is what it is, for now.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Here's where someone ITK lists all the amazing films that have had changes in Director late in the day.
    Maybe I'm reading too much into this but isn't mentioning Craig in the announcement a way to confirm that he'll be in Bond 25, whoever the director?
    It's naive to think the producers wouldn't hire an American director just because they are from America.

It's naive to think the producers don't hold the rights, or don't wish to use whatever script they were working on with Boyle and Hodge if they were already casting.

It's naive to think McQuarrie is tied to Cruise in a way that would forbid him from doing whatever he wanted at this point.

It's naive to think the producers would both ever simultaneously walk away from Bond.

The statement regarding Boyle's departure says a lot in how it was worded: No delay yet and Craig still very involved and committed.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Martin Campbell maybe might be willing to save the day for us. Or they should try Philippp Noyce, he knows how to spy flicks (Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Quiet American). Ron Howard? Hmmmh... Or indeed Roger Michelle? 10 years later...
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Maybe I'm reading too much into this but isn't mentioning Craig in the announcement a way to confirm that he'll be in Bond 25, whoever the director?

I’m pretty sure Craig is staying, but who knows for sure.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I think that's a given at this point, unless there's a delay. MGM don't want a delay, so they'll likely press forward and cobble something together soon.
    Weren't EON happy to let Sam Mendes have a lot of free reign in decision making in order to make his own film?

They must have known when choosing Danny Boyle that he would want the same freedom.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    giphy.gif
    What the hell?! Really don't know what to reply to this. What sort of mess is this film turning into?

Couple of questions. First relating to the statement:
    "Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig today announced that due to creative differences Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25."
    Does Craig have a role in addition to playing the main character that automatically places his name on announcements like this? Or is he in any way connected to the "creative differences" mentioned? This was the first thing that came to mind when reading this.

Isn't DC being given a producers credit on this one? That would include him in the statement. Though I really think the person playing Bond should just play Bond, no need to have that much input into the whole thing.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Considering their most recent track record, perhaps it would serve them well to relinquish creative liberty over to a director. Mendes delivered mightily with SF, but then laid a goose egg trying to follow it up with a by-the-numbers Bond flick.