No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    NZ Actor Cliff Curtis not Interested in Playing Bond Villain
    https://maoritelevision.com/news/regional/cliff-curtis-not-interested-playing-bond-villain
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    https://maoritelevision.com/news/regional/cliff-curtis-not-interested-playing-bond-villain

Who?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited August 2018 Posts: 2,630
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Who?

He's been in a few major films, like Blopw and Live Free or Die Hard. He also played one of the main characters (Travis) from Fear the Walking Dead. And for what it's worth, he's attached to lead all four Avatar sequels.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't recall Cutis's name being under consideration.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Cliff Curtis looks like he could give craig a good beating
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    jake24 wrote: »
    I don't recall Cutis's name being under consideration.

In the NZ Herald article it said, "Industry insiders are ruling out two of New Zealand’s most well known leading men, citing Temuera Morrison as two years too old and Cliff Curtis as unlikely to be available, given his commitments for the filming of the new Avatar movie."

In the Maorie TV interview he rules himself out, but doesn't mention anything about other filming commitments.

He may, generally not be interested, but given that he's currently promoting 'The Meg', he might be trying to seem disinterested so he doesn't keep getting asked. If the media's current state is anything to go by, he's likely going to be stuck with this question or 'who do you think it should be' for the majority of his promo duties.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Cliff Curtis is an excellent actor. Quite charismatic and memorable. I had no idea he was a New Zealander. If they want a new slant on a henchman, they could do worse than him, as I'm sure he could pull off a psychotic well if need be.
    He´s got the face for it, and he´s got quite some height I think. In The Meg he pretty much loomed over Jason Statham. However, in that film he lookes quite narrow-chested.

boldfinger wrote: »
    He´s got the face for it, and he´s got quite some height I think. In The Meg he pretty much loomed over Jason Statham. However, in that film he lookes quite narrow-chested.
    He went up against Arnie in Collateral Damage.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    bondjames wrote: »

He did nasty and vindictive rather well in that film. Didn't he force a snake down someone's throat?
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,883

He did nasty and vindictive rather well in that film. Didn't he force a snake down someone's throat?
    My memory is a bit fuzzy on that, but now that you mention it, I think he did. He was certainly a nasty character in it. Since then I've noticed him in quite a few films and he always makes a decent impression.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    His Jesus performance wasn't bad either.
    I like what I’ve seen of Cliff Curtis, but in no way would I ever consider him as fitting the casting call description of having advanced/physical fighting combat skills. Sure, he’s of Maori descent but his face is far too friendly to illicit menace properly. I’m hoping Eon unearth an undiscovered gem for this role, or at least someone with a low profile in movies. After all, who had seriously heard of Kabir Bedi before Octopussy in Western culture movies? And he made an excellent imposing villain. Bond 25 needs something fresh to distinguish it from the crowd.

How cool is that!

My memory is a bit fuzzy on that, but now that you mention it, I think he did. He was certainly a nasty character in it. Since then I've noticed him in quite a few films and he always makes a decent impression.
    He does indeed. He´s also very cool in The Meg, even though his character doesn´t really do anything.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

This was the scene in question. Though, to be fair, this film is almost 15 years old. Moot now, of course, seeing as Curtis has ruled himself out. But it's a damn creative way to kill someone.

This was the scene in question. Though, to be fair, this film is almost 15 years old. Moot now, of course, seeing as Curtis has ruled himself out. But it's a damn creative way to kill someone.
    Brings back memories. There's something reminiscent of Davi as Sanchez about this scene and particularly the LTK PTS. Both ruthless killers.

Curtis could also be good in a support role as a local intelligence contact, particularly if they choose to film in New Zealand.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Is anyone expecting some big news or reveals for the 5th October?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    When was the last year we actually got some big news on October 5th?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    00Agent wrote: »
    Is anyone expecting some big news or reveals for the 5th October?

Yes. Expect more people who haven t been asked to say they aren t interested.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Potential filming locations would be great news about now. Or, if I may be so bold, potential plot snippets. (Wishful thinking).
  • Walecs wrote: »

What do you mean? Last year we got the 10% off T-shirt sale at 007.com on Oct. 5. :-)
    If we get any news on 5th October it'll probably be in 2019..
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »

What do you mean? Last year we got the 10% off T-shirt sale at 007.com on Oct. 5. :-)

I meant related to an upcoming movie, or even a videogame.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Potential filming locations would be great news about now. Or, if I may be so bold, potential plot snippets. (Wishful thinking).
    This is the calm before the storm.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    bondsum wrote: »
    I like what I’ve seen of Cliff Curtis, but in no way would I ever consider him as fitting the casting call description of having advanced/physical fighting combat skills. Sure, he’s of Maori descent but his face is far too friendly to illicit menace properly. I’m hoping Eon unearth an undiscovered gem for this role, or at least someone with a low profile in movies. After all, who had seriously heard of Kabir Bedi before Octopussy in Western culture movies? And he made an excellent imposing villain. Bond 25 needs something fresh to distinguish it from the crowd.

Well, in Germany he was well known due to play the main character in the TV series SANDOKAN - THE TIGER OF MALAYSIA in the late 1970's - with Adolfo Celi.

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Thanks for the info @SeanCraig. Wasn’t Thunderball called “James Bond 007 – Feuerball” and DAF Diamantenfieber, which translates to Diamond Fever, along with FYEO being completely renamed “In todlicher Mission” which translates to Deadly Mission?l.

Absolutely correct!

Yepp. The reason they renamed FYEO into "In tödlicher Mission" was, that MR was called "Moonraker - streng geheim", "streng geheim" being actually the German meaning of FYEO or "Top Secret", and they felt, it would sound silly to have two Bond movies with almost the same title. And "Diamonds are forever" would have meant "Diamanten sind unvergänglich", and that would also sound a bit clumsy and awkward. TLD was "Der Hauch des Todes", as we don't have an equivalent for "to scare/frighten the living daylights out of somebody". In DN Spectre was translated to G.O.F.T.E.R (Geheimorganisation Für Terrorismus, Erpressung und Rache), in FRWL it became PHANTOM, from YOLT onwards it became known as "Spectre".
    I watched MI FALLOUT yesterday, and I enjyoed it very much. Cruise still can deliver, the pacing was good, some nice plot twists, great action set pieces. And if EON ever thought to have Blofeld being freed out of prison, they would now cancel this idea. But that would have been before Boyle and Hodge boarded the B25 ship. Apart from that, I would not compare Bond with Ethan Hunt or Jason Bourne. I like the MI and Bournce franchises, but they are not Bond and they are not British, but clearly American. But wasn't there a rumour, that one location might be Paris?
    Eon watched closely at how Jason Bourne & fallout did
  • manovermanover uk
    Intensity is the key.
    Having action scenes that are intense and have purpose is what bond 25 needs.
    It's something that the recent MI film got right.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Has anyone mentioned Cliff Curtis has worked with Danny Boyle before on Sunshine? It also just so happens this is the film Mark Strong was in as well. Most likely all just a coincidence.