CLOSED

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes and on many sources, not just Slate. Pence was highly involved. He will not be kept in office.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
    I think at a minimum, Pence and Trump removed ... but others will be prosecuted, too. We don't have a window into the Mueller investigation. I'm pleased they have been able to keep such a tight lid on that, actually. Pence may resign first. It will be interesting how this shakes out, step by step. But it's coming, yes.

My personal feeling is that money laundering is a sure bet for Trump. Proving high treason is understandably a very high bar, but he can be removed for other reasons, too. The mistakes Trump and his entire transition team and actual administration have made are so numerous and wide-ranging that I feel certain Mueller has plenty of concrete evidence that will hold up in court.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 3,564
    The whole stinking Republican Party is involved. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/opinion/republican-party-national-rifle-association-trump-russia.html
    Briefly put, accused Russian spy Maria Butina is believed to have funneled Russian money to the NRA...and from there into the coffer of several Republicans' election committees. This is why Trump's actions, egregious as they are, won't have the Republican Congress taking any action to reign him in. Much of the Republican Party is complicit with Trump's treasonous activities. They're all afraid of the consequences.
    Yes, more than just a couple of GOP are compromised. And yes, Russian money fueled the NRA. Huge amounts. It is going to come out; we see truly only the tip of the iceberg now.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Yes, more than just a couple of GOP are compromised. And yes, Russian money fueled the NRA. Huge amounts. It is going to come out; we see truly only the tip of the iceberg now.

The word 'powderkeg' comes to mind. Oh, but... maybe we should just trust the Donald... give him TIME to prove that he... LOL, I can't even finish that sarcastic bit.... our country has to purge this a-- and his accomplices if it's to survive in any recognizable shape.
  • Just in case you were concerned that all those incarceration stations were going to go unused since the US court system has ordered the end of Trump's policy of separating immigrant children from their families.... http://wyomingpublicmedia.org/post/more-dozen-indigenous-women-went-missing-montana-2018#stream/0

Please let's remember: these are Indigenous women, which is to say, Native America peoples, that are...disappearing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just in case you were concerned that all those incarceration stations were going to go unused since the US court system has ordered the end of Trump's policy of separating immigrant children from their families.... http://wyomingpublicmedia.org/post/more-dozen-indigenous-women-went-missing-montana-2018#stream/0

Please let's remember: these are Indigenous women, which is to say, Native America peoples, that are...disappearing.

Seems par for the course - the Native American disappearance rate is astounding. Also the level of rapes, murders or disappearances on reservations that go unsolved/unreported is equally troubling.
    Other world news:
    Japan, 14 killed from the heat as of yesterday. This has come after devastating floods and landslides in southwestern Japan.
    Temps listed here are the full, "feels like" (includes humidity).
    Flat temp (not "feels like") running 96F to 98F in many places. It is a very serious concern, breaking heat records in some areas.
    Canada, the U.K. and Germany will be taking in White Helmet rescuers and their families. This is now in process.
    On CNN this morning the reporter covering the White Helmet evac story stated that American officials confirmed that the U.S. would not be taking any of them for resettlement.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
    The U.S. was not involved is my understanding. Canada, Jordan, Germany, and Britain worked behind the scenes on this with Israel. I would have been surprised if Trump would want any part of this effort.
    Toronto mass shooting: Woman dead and 13 injured as man dressed in black fires on restaurant.

A young woman is dead and 13 people are injured after a gunman dressed in black fired a hail of bullets into a crowded restaurant in Toronto, Canada.

One of the youngest victims, a nine-year-old girl, is in a critical condition, and the gunman is dead after a shootout with police.

Witnesses described scenes of horror and chaos, saying they heard around 20 to 25 gunshots as people enjoyed a warm summer night at restaurants and bars in Toronto's Greektown neighbourhood

BBKYi2E.img?h=532&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Footage posted online shows the gunman - wearing black clothes, a black hat and carrying a bag - walking up to the restaurant and pulling out a handgun as he fires a volley of shots from the pavement.

Shocked witnesses saw victims lying on the floor of Mezes restaurant, in Danforth Avenue, after the shooting, and one woman told of the chilling moment she saw the shooter.

BBKYi6G.img?h=532&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Jessica Young, who works at Second Cup, a nearby coffee shop, told the Toronto Star: “I look to my side and see the shooter through the window. He sees me, or he sees my co-worker or someone, and points the gun and shoots through the window."

The gunman was pronounced dead at the scene.

Dozens of police officers, including heavily-armed tactical officers rushed to the scene, along with paramedics and firefighters.

Some witnesses initially thought the sound of gunshots was fireworks going off nearby.

Jody Steinhauer said she and other customers at Christina's restaurant were told to run to the back of the building when gunfire erupted.

She told CBC News: "We started to hear people scream out front."

The motive for the attack, which happened at 10pm local time on Sunday, was not revealed, but it did not appear to be random, said Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders.

He added: "We are looking at all possible motives... and not closing any doors."
    The mass shooting happened in east Toronto's Greektown neighbourhood, which is a popular night spot due to its restaurants, cafes, bars and shops.

It comes just weeks before Greektown hosts its annual Taste of the Danforth festival, which attracts hundreds of thousands of revellers.

Canada's biggest city has seen a sharp rise in gun violence in 2018, with deaths jumping 53 per cent to 26 so far this year from the same period last year. The number of shootings is up 13 per cent.

Toronto's police force had deployed about 200 officers from July 20 in response to the rising violence, which city officials have blamed on gun violence.

After Sunday night's mass shooting, Mayor John Tory told reporters that the city has a gun problem and guns were too readily available to too many people. He urged people not to draw any conclusions about the mass shooting, and to wait for the outcome of the police investigation.

It was the second mass casualty incident in Toronto this year. In April, ten people were killed when a driver ploughed a van into pedestrians in a neighbourhood in north Toronto.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Terrible. My thoughts go out to the family of the victims. Gun violence... Painful.
    I see this as more of the Trump effect. He legitimizes hate. Funny, you didn't see this kind of rise in killings all around when 'the black guy' was in office. Just sayin.'
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 2,400
    I wish I could say "I don't understand how this could happen in my city", but I think I understand more than too well. The idiots with their guns in the States have poisoned the well and it's leaking into Canada. And now last night 15 people got shot by this douchebag and untold numbers of my dearest friends live on the Danforth.

Mod edit for language.
    I wish I could say "I don't understand how this could happen in my city", but I think I understand more than too well. The idiots with their guns in the States have poisoned the well and it's leaking into Canada. And now last night 15 people got shot by this douchebag and untold numbers of my dearest friends live on the Danforth.

Mod edit for language.

Sincerest apologies from a thinking American... :(
    I wish I could say "I don't understand how this could happen in my city", but I think I understand more than too well.

Yeah:

Drugs, poverty, mental illness and easily accessible firearms (despite the strict gun laws).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-shooting-data/torontos-safe-city-tag-in-question-after-spike-in-gun-crimes-idUSKBN1KD24F

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/22/americas/toronto-restaurant-shooting/index.html

Really? Censored for language? My apologies that this happened in my backyard and that people I care deeply about could have been victims of this scumbag. Right but no displays of emotion allowed.
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Drugs, poverty, mental illness and easily accessible firearms (despite the strict gun laws).
    Sounds (almost) like my country. MCBLU! (Make Canada Bleed Like Us).
    The cowards name who shot at the people in the restaurant has been identified as :Faisal Hussain ,based in Toronto.

What a surprise....not.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    My city is certainly taking a beating the last few months. Restaurants that are bombed, threats of violence through vehicles (one was successfully accomplished), shootings and now one mass shooting.

Boggles my mind.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    The cowards name who shot at the people in the restaurant has been identified as :Faisal Hussain ,based in Toronto.

What a surprise....not.

What is that supposed to mean? Oh you mean like how Md Ashaduzzaman, one of the people working in the cafe, tried to save a little girl who was shot? Keep your nonsense away from this. Troll another board.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 19,339

What a surprise....not.

What is that supposed to mean? Oh you mean like how Md Ashaduzzaman, one of the people working in the cafe, tried to save a little girl who was shot? Keep your nonsense away from this. Troll another board.

I created it so tough MOD EDIT pal.
    Hostile little worm.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Now, now gentlemen. No need to get hostile with each other. One can understand Bazza's frustration re. Islamist douchebags. After all, one never hears of a Quaker gunning people down.

What a surprise....not.

He had an apartment in Thorncliffe Park for those who know the city. Cops are now turning the place over.
    City Council also discussing acquiring a technology called ShotSpotter which can identify and monitor gunshots sonically and then dispatch police.
    The idea would be more to monitor and respond to the highcrime areas where gunplay is common but also now, probably any high traffic area where shooters might target the general publicl,like happened Sunday on the Danforth.
    The tech sounds like something out of Robocop
    Police Chief also wants more money for cops on the street.
    This actually does work. Visible proactive policing.
    New York City is a much safer city. If you've visited recently the police presence is highly visible in the core.
    Not a police state deal, but more the sight of officers visible on corners, on foot patrol and squad car patrol.
    The problem Toronto has had this year is that more of the usual criminal gunplay is spreading into high traffic public areas, generally thought to be safe, terrorizing the public.
    The guy on the Danforth was a nutter, but he did manage to shoot 13 people before police could shut him down.

• edited July 2018 Posts: 2,400

What a surprise....not.

I created it so tough pal.
    Hostile little worm.

This happened on MY home turf and instead of standing alongside us you're just turning it into another way to bash brown people. It's ridiculous. "Hostile little worm". That's mature.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 19,339

What a surprise....not.

I created it so tough pal.
    Hostile little worm.

This happened on MY home turf and instead of standing alongside us you're just turning it into another way to bash brown people. It's ridiculous. "Hostile little worm". That's mature.

About as mature as your comment,you want to behave like that then expect a similar response.

Oooh bringing out the racist card ?

Hahaha bog off cleanshirt,you people crack me up.....I don't see any other Canadians on here reacting in your manner.

Worm ? only a reponse to 'Troll' wouldn't you say ?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Keep it clean and nice gentlemen, or please take the personal barbs to PM's.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Keep it clean and nice gentlemen, or please take the personal barbs to PM's.

Of course Creasy old chum,apologies,
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    In other news, Greek wildfires claiming 60 plus; acid attacks in the U.K, including one on a three year old boy and a hydro-electric dam has collapsed in Laos.
This discussion has been closed.