CLOSED

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Trump Nazi playbook bs continues. He's the single biggest danger to this country we've ever faced. McCarhyism to the 2nd power. PLUS he's a full on traitor. Please God, give us back Nixon...
    Seriously, From Russia With Control... Bond fans MUST see this... else why do we love this series of books/movies-?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I remember both Gorbachev and Yelzin being accused of working for the Americans, which was far more credible.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    "far more credible" ... I disagree.

I feel that the American govt probably has had its hands into other countries' affairs before. Covertly. Not subtly. Very shady. At times, yes.

However, that is not my main concern at the moment. Not at all. What is happening right now in the U.S. with citizens and within this administration is my focus. I won't get talked into wandering into other paths these days. After Trump is gone, sure let's talk about past deeds of the U.S. at that point.
    It is not a thing of the distant past.

https://wikileaks.org/cia-france-elections-2012/

Just one of many examples.
  • 6 Years ago is the distant past. 6 months ago is the recent past. Try to keep up.
    6 Years ago is the distant past. 6 months ago is the recent past. Try to keep up.

Which election six months ago are you referring to?
  • I'm not referring to any election, I'm referring to the speed with which events occur and each fresh horror replaces an older one in the people's minds. Six years ago Barack Obama was in his first term as President. Six months ago Donald Trump was trying to pretend that the meeting between his advisors (and son. and son in law.) and various Russian agents in Trump Tower had never actually happened. Or if it did they were just trying to talk about adoptions; yeah, that's the ticket.

Again, try to keep up. Right now we're talking about what a horrible president Trump is and how quickly he can be legally replaced. In another six years maybe we can talk about past misdeeds; right now we've got too many current ones going on to allow for distractions.
    Breaking news:

Donald Trump has just been seen driving in a reckless manner across the busy streets of Paris

One lucky photographer snapped this picture of the crazed madman before being struck:

38301030_10156619283301983_2640364993853259776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8ee50d120a0d9e70d3a72eb133a42c31&oe=5C08B21B
    edited August 2018 Posts: 12,459
    haha! Thanks, Master_Dahark. ;)

Anyway, no I won't be discussing U.S. interfering with other countries' governments or debate much about previous administrations either. Not until this current Trump administration is gone. Then I will, as well as other topics. I don't care to get into any "whataboutism" talks. What about this, what about what he/she/they did, what about .... etc. Great for distraction. So no ... for me, keeping the focus on current reality, what is happening regarding the Trump administration and our society in the U.S. is what I want to post and talk about here. Other major events around the world as well, yes.

Manafort on trial, going as expected so far (prosecution has overwhelming evidence).

Meanwhile, here is a thread on connections to the mob and money laundering. It is dense, you can click into and scroll up and down, some articles attached in it, also. This is probably not a big surprise to people who have been following the money laundering that has gone on through Trump properties over the past 20 + years. Many others have written about this, but this is a good one. So a little light reading for the moment ... ;)

Never forget Pizzagate!
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 3,564
    Give me a pizza with extra QAnon.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2018 Posts: 40,492
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Never forget Pizzagate!

We should also never forget the Bowling Green massacre.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Never forget Pizzagate!

We should also never forget the Bowling Green massacre.

Yes. That was so tragic. I lost an imaginary friend in that melee.
    Not to mention "what happened in Sweden last night". Never forget that either.
    So much is unforgettable, truly ... and think of the amount of movies and books that will come flooding our way after this administration ends. ;) #limitless
    Not big news, but this serves as a reminder that Trump has done this for every department in his administration. I guess the only exception I can think of is Gen. Mattis. He stocked his agencies, his administration with "opposites", people designed to tear down the policies in place. Look at education, look at the EPA, and even the State department

That's the goal. Getting rid of regulations on big business and more importantly negating, destroying what Obama accomplished as fast as possible. The sad majority of the GOP agree with that, the ones who are going along with Trump to humor him and trying to get as much changed, erased, altered as possible while they can. It has all become so obvious.
    So much is unforgettable, truly ... and think of the amount of movies and books that will come flooding our way after this administration ends. ;) #limitless

"All The President's Comrades."
  • Since nobody responded to my request for a pizza with extra QAnon, I'll just serve up some myself: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/qanon-how-i-got-sucked-into-its-alternative-universe.html
    The QAnon crap is sick. I didn't really want to drag that here, but okay here is Rick Wilson (a conservative, Never Trumper) on all of that.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well at least @Chisisall has a new idol in politics:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez

I wonder how far she'll get. I guess Trump is giving her wings..
    edited August 2018 Posts: 12,459
    She is a breath of fresh air, as long as she doesn't take away votes from more viable Democratic candidates. Which is a slight worry. Most important is overturning GOP to Democract these midterm elections. She does have some more extreme views that won't go over well with many Americans (abolishing ICE; free tuition for all, two examples). I agree with a lot of what she says, though. She has been lately speaking out against other Democrats, and I'd like that to stop (in general).

Within her own district, that's great. If she become more and more the "face" of Democrats (which I believe the GOP, NRA, and Trump fans will do - promote her as that) it could hurt the elections in other states. So I am slightly concerned about them using her to paint extremist views for Democrats in general (even more extreme than are her actual views).

Free tuition for all is a good cause, as long as it is just that, and not free brainwashing.
    I'd love free tuition for all. I think for the U.S. to go to that system is entirely unrealistic, though. It is long established HUGE big business. Unfortunately.
    She is a breath of fresh air, as long as she doesn't take away votes from more viable Democratic candidates. Which is a slight worry. Most important is overturning GOP to Democract these midterm elections. She does have some more extreme views that won't go over well with many Americans.

She's also staggeringly uninformed and kind of a joke.

Obama not endorsing her for the list of midterm candidates sends a very clear message to the voters.

Well it is fine for her district, but her becoming somebody the GOP and Trump supporters can push falsely is the worry. She has really spoken out against some Democrats. I think she does not appreciate more centrist views. Anyway, we shall see how that plays out.
    I think she does not appreciate more centrist views.
    That's because 'centrist' views in America are actually moderate right by world standards. The 'center' should be free of leanings or prejudice. It should emotionally back off and use pragmatism and reason. As Bruce Lee said, what works is what works, all else is sad devotion to outdated tradition.
    Except that Ocasio-Cortez isn't using much pragmatism and reason when she gets in front of a microphone. This is someone who started ranting about Israel "occupying" Palestine, and then got embarrassed and admitted she didn't know what the hell she was talking about. And she has a degree in international relations!!
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Except that Ocasio-Cortez isn't using much pragmatism and reason when she gets in front of a microphone. This is someone who started ranting about Israel "occupying" Palestine, and then got embarrassed and admitted she didn't know what the hell she was talking about. And she has a degree in international relations!!

But... Israel IS occupying Palestine... can you supply a link to her supposedly admitted confusion here?
This discussion has been closed.