No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    For me my top and most tasteful choice for the role of a main woman villain would be Cate Blanchett. Bottom to top, squared off and no questions asked. She and Craig both have interesting faces too which is refreshigng.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Benny wrote: »

I hate to repost things, but...
    Probably lost in translation - if I had to guess.

The francophone author/film journalist posted his tweet insinuating that he merely heard of this rumour (i.e. not an exclusive piece of info).

A quick search and I found an article posted prior to his tweet which features the same photo as he posted. The article talks about Strong's likely involvement re Bond25 AND features a rumour regarding Foster's casting in some TV show. This article quotes 'The hashtag show' as a source of Foster's story and it mentions nada concerning Bond 25.

No idea why this rumour is spreading so fast.

Sources: https://www.darkhorizons.com/bond-25-y-the-last-man-casting-rumors/
    http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/exclusive-jodie-foster-in-talks-to-star-in-fxs-y-the-last-man/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    RC7 wrote: »
    I don’t see Strong as Blofeld, other than a parody, and I’ve no real interest in SPECTRE as a recurring villain. The two things make me cringe, in fact. We already moved on and when we went back it was royally ballsed up.

Happy to see a fleeting glimpse/mention in future, but they can’t drop the ball again.

The idea of standalone films with intriguing one-off villains is where I’m at.

This 100%
    They tried to correct QoS´ "flaws" by totally ignoring it in the next film and extremely awkwardly shoehorning it in in the follow-up. Now would be a good time to correct that flaw and actually do something great with Blofeld and Spectre. No matter how much the general audience remember from SP, they remember Blofeld and Spectre were in it. So they could now do what they did with the early Connery films, keep Blofeld in the background and make standalone films with villains employed by Blofeld.

No idea why this rumour is spreading so fast.
    You must be joking. In this age of total information access through the internet vs. still no news from the officials this thread will fall on anything resembling a rumour like a herd of Zombies.

Why must is Blofeld part of the discussion so much ? Sure yes of course ok yes I know yes ok SPECTRE has a historyu of repeating, but no one was pining for the return of Dominic Green with Daniel Craig's 3rd outing. If we can get some good actors, a fresh villains and plot, some fun and practical stuntwork then those things are more important than anything else at this point. Do not mythosbuild or try to regerfence the past, but rather let us step forward for new moments that our culture will say, Hello that is iconic and I am living for it. Th
    I have nothing against a great standalone Bond film, that is what I want more than anything. But Blofeld and Spectre are such a huge part of cinematic Bond lore that their use in SP, should it be left at that, would be a huge shame for all involved and would stay a sore in the consciousness of many fans, whereas an imminent film that just boldly does with Blofeld and Spectre what they were meant for could at once outshine any dropped balls of recent years.
    No reason at all that we could not have a new Blofeld, be like a homage to the original sixties films when several actors played him. Be great if Mark Strong is playing a henchman, kickass fight with Craig would be good.
    I was right, the guy completely misread the DH article. Could you please remove the rumour from page 1 and change the thread title, @jake24?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I was right, the guy completely misread the DH article. Could you please remove the rumour from page 1 and change the thread title, @jake24?

Yup. Nice catch.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Based on all the rumours that have been flying around from left and right, it appears as though Bond 25 is destined to have a tinge of that AVTAK/DAF staleness. Perhaps it's the fate of the renowned Bond actors to go out on a limp note. The only bit of encouraging news was hiring Botle, but the direction he is headed in just seem bizarre and completely misguided. Non of these names are screaming classic Bond to you. They had better make a course correction before production gets underway, because otherwise we might end up seeing the lowest boxoffice for any movie of this Bond era. There is always that danger of pushing things one step too far, and it looks like they are so deadset on chasing that Skyfall money, and that might ultimately prove to be their downfall. Whater the case, theirs a good probability that with a new actor in the role and striking out on a completely fresh course will be the key exciting the upcoming post-millenial generation of fans. There is a silver lining to every cloud, and Bond fans will get what they are after soon enough, even if there is still a wait ahead.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,619
    " it appears as though Bond 25 is destined to have a tinge of that AVTAK/DAF staleness"
    " Non of these names are screaming classic Bond to you."

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Also: Aidan Turner will NEVER play Bond.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited June 2018 Posts: 191
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    For me my top and most tasteful choice for the role of a main woman villain would be Cate Blanchett. Bottom to top, squared off and no questions asked. She and Craig both have interesting faces too which is refreshigng.

Absolutely agree, her role in Hanna is a good example of this.
    Yes, loved her in the lord of the rings movies.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Based on all the rumours that have been flying around from left and right, it appears as though Bond 25 is destined to have a tinge of that AVTAK/DAF staleness. Perhaps it's the fate of the renowned Bond actors to go out on a limp note. The only bit of encouraging news was hiring Botle, but the direction he is headed in just seem bizarre and completely misguided. Non of these names are screaming classic Bond to you. They had better make a course correction before production gets underway, because otherwise we might end up seeing the lowest boxoffice for any movie of this Bond era. There is always that danger of pushing things one step too far, and it looks like they are so deadset on chasing that Skyfall money, and that might ultimately prove to be their downfall. Whater the case, theirs a good probability that with a new actor in the role and striking out on a completely fresh course will be the key exciting the upcoming post-millenial generation of fans. There is a silver lining to every cloud, and Bond fans will get what they are after soon enough, even if there is still a wait ahead.
    Hilarious comment. It will be good, fresh and exciting, of that I am pretty sure. Listen to interviews with Boyle and what his preferences are for directing. If he likes the idea of the script, he will make a good story out of it. He also believes music is an important element of a movie. I am quite relaxed about all of it.
    " it appears as though Bond 25 is destined to have a tinge of that AVTAK/DAF staleness"
    " Non of these names are screaming classic Bond to you."

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Also: Aidan Turner will NEVER play Bond.
    You two give those authors of rumors a though run for their money :-)).
    jake24 wrote: »

Yup. Nice catch.

He made it too easy.
    Jodie Foster as Blofelds daughter?
    I always get Jodie Foster and Helen Hunt mixed up. Maybe it's the voice.
    I always get Aidan Turner and a pile of manure mixed up. Maybe it's the face.
    Jodi Foster. Please don’t play with my emotions like that. I would LOVE her in a Bond film. In a villain role of course
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited June 2018 Posts: 3,157

:)) :)) :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

We actually agree on something for once. :-bd
    I always get Jodie Foster and Helen Hunt mixed up. Maybe it's the voice.

I am glad to know I wasn’t the only one who got them mixed up before. It’s definitely the voice.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Maybe Helen should join the cast.

Mad About Bond
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I saw the recent trailer for Poldark Turner is so not Bond
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, so Jodie rumor probably not valid; good.
    We have nothing solid yet really for supporting cast, I think.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    They’re offering Bond’s naval uniform for contestants? The winner gets it?