Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,562
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Underrated for sure. Labyrinth (1986) definitely (and wisely) took inspiration from his character.

I watched Labrynth at the cinema though I never rewatched it since, I remember Jennifer Connelly being in it with Bowie. I should give it a rewatch can't remember much about it, Jim Henson was involved?

Edited: interesting George Lucas was one of the producers on Labrynth
    I love Labyrinth. An all-time favorite of mine.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think I may buy it, Dark Crystal is another film I need to revisit.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Salacious could be Plagueis.
    I gave in and finally purchased my ticket to see Solo.

Going to see it in a couple of hours. Mesa hopen it wont stink!

This I am interested in
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited May 2018 Posts: 17,696

I bought the Blu Ray. Awesome film.

The question is:

who will play Fett? Temuera Morrison? Daniel Logan?
    ......Dwayne Johnson? :))

I guess it depends all on when it's set. Will it be before ROTJ or after?
    If it's set after, it basically HAS to be Temuera, since Fett is a 'perfect clone' of Jango, right?

I'll tell you what I'd like. We keep hearing that Alden Ehrenreich has signed on for 3 movies as Han Solo; I'd love the Boba Fett movie to BE the Solo sequel. Not unlike how the Man of Steel sequel was Batman V Superman. Let the Solo sequel be Solo VS Fett!!!!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Solo v Fett: Dawn of Star Wars
    Boba Fett is the only spin-off movie, that I am awaiting for. I don't care about what Obi-Wan did between the movies and how McGregor morphed into Sir Alec Guinnes.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited May 2018 Posts: 1,812
    Personally I want both but I don't want the fatigue to be present at all. Between the two I'd say Obi-Wan has more of a chance than Boba. With Solo being a box office failure I wouldn't hold your breath on both being made anytime soon.
    Didn't like it. Was bored out of my mind. Didn't offer anything new.
    Personally I want both but I don't want the fatigue to be present at all. Between the two I'd say Obi-Wan has more of a chance than Boba. With Solo being a box office failure I wouldn't hold your breath on both being made anytime soon.

So, after only a week in the theaters, a movie is already a box-office failure ? You know, that kind of thinking really irks me. Maybe we should wait until it has finished its career, look at the numbers, and then we'll decide if it's a ffailure or not. Don't you think so ?
    I felt the same way @Gerard
    It almost feels like the media wants it to fail, so they jumped on a Memorial Day weekend where most people are with family and friends outside and are like ‘See??? Nobody’s seeing it!’

Im actually seeing it tonight, since I’ve been busy like a lot of other people. As a matter of fact, I got my tickets online, where you get to pick your seats beforehand, and I had a hard time picking 2 good seats next to each other for my wife and I!
    chrisisall wrote: »

I bought the Blu Ray. Awesome film.

Bought Labrynth and noticed Dark Crystal Special Edition it look like a great set with booklet.
    Gerard wrote: »

So, after only a week in the theaters, a movie is already a box-office failure ? You know, that kind of thinking really irks me. Maybe we should wait until it has finished its career, look at the numbers, and then we'll decide if it's a ffailure or not. Don't you think so ?

Oh I completely agree! I'm usually one who saying what you're saying. I guess seeing so many negative things about it, even in this thread, it's just getting to me. SW is my favorite franchise (sorry Bond) and I want it to succeed every time. We shall see if Solo can make a comeback this upcoming weekend. If not, then we can't blame Memorial Day weekend. BTW, I absolutely loved Solo. It's in my top four.
    Gerard wrote: »

Oh I completely agree! I'm usually one who saying what you're saying. I guess seeing so many negative things about it, even in this thread, it's just getting to me. SW is my favorite franchise (sorry Bond) and I want it to succeed every time. We shall see if Solo can make a comeback this upcoming weekend. If not, then we can't blame Memorial Day weekend. BTW, I absolutely loved Solo. It's in my top four.

The opening weekend of a movie is such a major thing now and the second week drop what ever that may be, I agree failure is not a great term though the media deems anything that does not make billions a failure.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Just speaking for myself, my current disinterest in forking out money for a theatre viewing of this Solo effort is not on account of any SW fatigue per se, but rather because none of the actors in the film are appealing or compelling enough for me.

If there was someone there who caught my eye it might have been enough, but sadly this is not the case. Additionally, I have a rather poor opinion of Rogue One (felt it was a bit soulless and bland) and so am just going to wait for this on home video.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,562

Spoilers

Star Wars: The last... Rian Johnson film :))
    I loved Solo!!! Just got out
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Fire and Ice Returns, that made me laugh so hard last night. Mike is such a quick wit.
    I've been hearing so much positive things about Solo from the ones that have seen it. Such a shame it isn't doing well.
    Fire and Ice Returns, that made me laugh so hard last night. Mike is such a quick wit.

I love there reviews and shows, many other YouTube channels take them selves way too serious, RLM Just take the... and have a laugh.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I’ll probably write a more in-depth review at some point but I just came out of SOLO and I thought I’d was awful
    I’ll probably write a more in-depth review at some point but I just came out of SOLO and I thought I’d was awful

I boycotted the film
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

I boycotted the film

Please do not go and see it. I know Film is subjective but no one is truly interested in seeing this film. I made a mistake going to watch it because it is not even remotely entertaining. Disney needs to learn a lesson from this film and that can’t happen if idiots like me go to the theatre for this.

I boycotted the film

Please do not go and see it. I know Film is subjective but no one is truly interested in seeing this film. I made a mistake going to watch it because it is not even remotely entertaining. Disney needs to learn a lesson from this film and that can’t happen if idiots like me go to the theatre for this.

I have read many spoiler reviews alas, Disney are manipulating people's nostalgia to make money. I want creativity from Disney Star Wars, new stories not rehashing and devaluing beloved characters.
    Solo is fun and is in no way rehashing and devaluing the character of Han Solo. I already read the Solo trilogy after the original three movies, and they were fun. Glad no seeing a new Solo story and I do hope for the next two installments.

As for changing the Solo performer, 007 fans should not complain about that aspect.

And I love Chewie a few more scenes with the Wookies were welcome for me.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

I boycotted the film

Ditto. All Disney Star Wars films will be ignored by me.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

I boycotted the film

Ditto. All Disney Star Wars films will be ignored by me.

Never say never...