The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

bondjames wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Jailbreak! The jailer is pretty sleazy.
    Horrid overacting by this chap.

Yeah. I didn't tell you get DOWWWWWN!

I love the ride to Kamran's home. One of my favorite scenes in the series actually.
    Bond has been wearing that outfit for days and probably needs a shower.
    Everybody laughs at Bond.
    I liked when Sanchez laughed at Bond and pointed his finger.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I love that bit. I've always seen it as poking a little fun at the Empire, similar to what they did during the Silva/Bond intro meet.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I love that bit. I've always seen it as poking a little fun at the Empire, similar to what they did during the Silva/Bond intro meet.

Great scene. Kamran is kind of an underrated ally, IMO. I like that he's a bit reluctant to help.

Bond and Kara make out. She has had time to freshen up and change before. 007 still needs a shower.
    I love Bond in a turban. His disguise here is great. When I was a kid I wrapped a scarf around my head, had a leather vest and pretended to be Bond here.
    Although I've posted this before, I must say, in the shot of Dalton explaining the film's plot, he reminds me a bit of Christopher Reeve circa SUPERMAN IV.
    One of my favorite pieces of Bond music as 007 plants the bomb.
    If I HAD to cut something out............it would be the naked guys running around.
    Kamran Shah is having a blast here.
    We need another big battle scene at the climax of a Bond film again. It's been far too long. Although not enclosed in a Ken Adam set here, this is alright.
    Now onto some stuntwork......cue Barry.

I remember leaving the cinema with this music in my head.

Kara drives up to the plane.............Bond curses. For F--k's sake!!!!
    As Bond pilots the take off...............I think that would have been a great opportunity for Pierce's pain-face.
    Bond's face is mangled in the net. Tim has some good expressions here actually.
    Amazing B.J. Worth / Jake Lombard stunt-work here.

I'd love the Bonds to return to giving us some exciting scenes like this again for a climax.
    I actually consider THIS fight to be the climax of the film, not the Whitaker ending.
    Bond wears black socks with this outfit. Actually, white socks may have worked here as well. I'm glad they went with black.
    I remember the HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 007 special had a different edit of the scene where Bond blows up the bridge.
    The engines cut......................Tim's reactions are great. When I'm pissed I like to emulate Tim's expressions here. I think it's funny.
    "I know a great restaurant in Karachi........."
    Good delivery there . Very suave. Roger would be proud.
    Bond knocks out the guard. I prefer Sean's version of that type of scene in NSNA.
    There's footage of Tim rehearsing that bit on YouTube.
    Bond gets his kneecaps banged.
    One time when I was in drama training.....I had to pass thru a narrow dressing room where a couple students were rehearsing a scene. I didn't want to just walk in and interrupt. So I dived onto the floor and quickly slid under the tables like Tim in this scene.
    Everyone burst into laughter.
    Kara is jamming out to some classical tunes. I wonder if she knows any Barry Manilow hits?
    Bond and Kara make out again..................Oh James........

Roger would have capped that off with ..."Ha ha ha OHHHH!"
    That was a blast watching TLD once again. I've probably seen this one now hundreds of times. I love it as much as I loved it in 1987.
    Man, the middle third of QOS is really fantastic. REALLY fantastic. Its the first and last third that really bore me. Hard movie to place.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    STLCards3 wrote: »
    Man, the middle third of QOS is really fantastic. REALLY fantastic. Its the first and last third that really bore me. Hard movie to place.

I love it from start to finish.

Same.
  • STLCards3 wrote: »
    Man, the middle third of QOS is really fantastic. REALLY fantastic.

The other two thirds are really fantastic too!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    STLCards3 wrote: »

I love it from start to finish.

As do I! It moves at such a pace and there are many scenes and set pieces to look forward to!