CLOSED

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And NATO expresses its support. What a joke.
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    edited April 2018 Posts: 70
    How long before WW3 breaks out?
    Well, at least Arsenal fans were greeted with Russian hospitality in Moscow a few days ago on Thursday night. They even got some nice "Gentlefan" hats as a gift to keep them warm.
    1191880.jpg
    We might not be able to see Bond 25 if WW3 breaks out :(
    I don’t think we will be able to see anything since we would all nuke each other
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I don’t think we will be able to see anything since we would all nuke each other

They should all be made to watch Threads.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

I say we get Trump and Putin in a room. See who has got the bigger d...
    Where the hell is Bond when we need him?
    royale65 wrote: »

Who has got or who is?

He has lots of upcoming personal issues
    vzok wrote: »

Who has got or who is?

We want to see a video of Trump and Putin making out.

He has lots of upcoming personal issues

Like us in this world.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

They should all be made to watch Threads.
    Indeed. Things are getting very Threadsy.

I don't really see what we are supposed to be doing here. Are we taking Assad out? Trump's speech (presumably signed off on by Teresa and Macron) kept calling him a dictator and a criminal but as far as I can tell we're just going to give him a slap and that's it. Then he rebuilds and carries on as normal. If we're serious why don't go in properly?

Our general beef seems to be with chemical weapons? So if he was bombing his own people with standard ordinance we'd be letting him fill his boots would we?

Whole thing seems very muddled given we're potentially provoking Russia into a proper confrontation.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Breaking international law yet again, and even without presenting any evidence.

Gassing your own population is breaking international law too.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Why would he do that?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 17,786

Why would he do that?

It's because he sees the population in that area as his enemies. It is rebel held territory I believe, so that means anything goes there for Assad.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Why would he do that?

It's because he sees the population in that area as his enemies. It is rebel held territory I believe, so that means anything goes there for Assad.

Or maybe the Western Allies are framing Assad?

• I'm surprised I have to explain some things to people...

Britain and France and much of Europe has been touchy over the use of chemical weapons ever since WWl. Yes, if Assad were only using conventional weapons on his own people, we'd probably just be standing back and making tut-tut noises about the whole thing.

Trump's reasoning in this is that he pretty much needs a good "Wag the Dog" scenario. He's facing big, big troubles here in the states and needs some sort of foreign adventure to take the public's attention off of "Trump the crook/traitor/serial molester" and onto "Trump the glorious military commander." He also desperately needs to be seen as not being Putin's puppet, which of course, he is.

I don't think this is going to be the start of WWlll. This is just Kabuki theatre. As a long standing liberal peacenik I'm not in favor of this move...but I'm not losing sleep over it either. So far all we've had is a slightly larger version of last year's rocket attack on Syria. No long lasting consequences then, no big deal consequences now.
  • vzok wrote: »

Who has got or who is?

We want to see a video of Trump and Putin making out.

You've already got this: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-mural-of-trump-kissing-putin-on-the-lips-is-being-shared-everywhere-2016-05-14

Why would he do that?

Or maybe the Western Allies are framing Assad?

No one seriously believes that, though, do they? It's in the realm of the conspiracy theory for people with way too much time on their hands. It's merely a crackpot notion for those who have swallowed Russian propaganda and misinformation hook, line and sinker. It's nothing more than that.

See my most recent thread on the Illuminati for more details on this type of thing.
    Syrian forces were in the process of taking over that area, so I guess the gassing was just to celebrate, just like the two previous times this happened.
    Syrian forces were in the process of taking over that area, so I guess the gassing was just to celebrate, just like the two previous times this happened.

Maybe it was to make it all the easier to take over?
  • Syrian forces were in the process of taking over that area, so I guess the gassing was just to celebrate, just like the two previous times this happened.

Y'know Thundy, sometimes it's hard to tell when you're trying to be a smart-ass...and when you're just going with the last three letters of that description. Now I myself have been known to s-a around sometimes as well...but even I know, some thing just aren't funny. The death of innocent civilians is one of those things.

Y'know Thundy, sometimes it's hard to tell when you're trying to be a smart-ass...and when you're just going with the last three letters of that description. Now I myself have been known to s-a around sometimes as well...but even I know, some thing just aren't funny. The death of innocent civilians is one of those things.

But according to Thundy they were all fakes and it was the West that set it all up.

How does it make it easier to take over to get bombed by the US, UK and France?

How does it make it easier to take over to get bombed by the US, UK and France?

That's the risk they took. I'm sure they've done it more than twice before.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm surprised I have to explain some things to people...

Britain and France and much of Europe has been touchy over the use of chemical weapons ever since WWl. Yes, if Assad were only using conventional weapons on his own people, we'd probably just be standing back and making tut-tut noises about the whole thing.
    Good to know that we are only going to war in some sort of moral outrage at the use of chemical weapons and that we don't actually care about dead Syrian kids if only Assad could just stick to shooting or bombing them. By all means the guy deserves a slap but if we really cared about the plight of the Syrian people we'd have rolled the tanks in after Aleppo so let's stop pretending that we are intervening on behalf of the poor Syrians.

But thanks for explaining anyway.

Good to know that we are only going to war in some sort of moral outrage at the use of chemical weapons and that we don't actually care about dead Syrian kids if only Assad could just stick to shooting or bombing them. By all means the guy deserves a slap but if we really cared about the plight of the Syrian people we'd have rolled the tanks in after Aleppo so let's stop pretending that we are intervening on behalf of the poor Syrians.

But thanks for explaining anyway.

It's that small spot of both called the Iraq War and its aftermath that keeps them from committing "boots on the ground." It would also need parliamentary approval in the UK and it would most likely not be forthcoming.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

Trump's reasoning in this is that he pretty much needs a good "Wag the Dog" scenario. He's facing big, big troubles here in the states and needs some sort of foreign adventure to take the public's attention off of "Trump the crook/traitor/serial molester" and onto "Trump the glorious military commander." He also desperately needs to be seen as not being Putin's puppet, which of course, he is.

I don't think this is going to be the start of WWlll. This is just Kabuki theatre. As a long standing liberal peacenik I'm not in favor of this move...but I'm not losing sleep over it either. So far all we've had is a slightly larger version of last year's rocket attack on Syria. No long lasting consequences then, no big deal consequences now.

Personally, I enjoy the sarcasm you inject into your posts. It makes the sting more acute. Some don't get it though I think...
This discussion has been closed.