No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm quite excited to be honest. MGM potentially being on the block is the most interesting news I've read in quite some time. Hopefully something happens on that front to shake up the inertia over at HQ and get things moving in a more regular fashion on a go-forward basis.

I agree. Hopefully MGM sells and ends up in good hands.
    Murdock wrote: »
    This is probably the closest we'll get to seeing Craig in a Navy uniform.
    4scncJzl.jpg

Not bad! Looking sharp Dan!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It would probably be quite reductive but I would love to see a main villain in the vein of Luv from Blade Runner 2049. The female villain is sent on her mission by her subordinate (maybe Ernst Stavro Blofeld) and is hunting for 007 throughout the film until she meets her end at the hands of James Bond himself.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    talos7 wrote: »

Yes! Now we’re talking, Mr. Craig. Looking good!
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Craig looks healthy and in shape! Must be training hard now!
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 12,837
    Birdleson wrote: »
    If you take away Bond's past as a Navy Commander you may as well ditch the character and start with a new agent. That is too intrinsic to who he is; it's a core part of his history and the character.

He was never actually a proper Navy commander though was he?

"By now it was 1941 and, by claiming an age of nineteen and with the help of an old Vickers colleague of his father, he entered a branch of what was subsequently to become the Ministry of Defence. To serve the confidential nature of his duties, he was accorded the rank of lieutenant in the Special Branch of the R.N.V.R., and it is a measure of the satisfaction his services gave to his superiors that he ended the war with the rank of Commander."

This and his "chocolate sailor" comments in TB always gave me the impression that it was more of a cover than anything else and what he actually did in the war was more in line with the "commando types" Fleming knew and worked with.

Seems a pretty minor thing imo and it's just hard to justify in a modern context. A Navy officer serving on subs/ships long enough to be a commander and then getting recruited to be a secret agent/assassin just doesn't make much sense to me. I know obviously MI6/spying in Bond's world is nothing like in ours anyway but still, I think even in that fantasy world it's hard to justify because the Navy (and an officer as well) is just a whole different skillset to what he seems to have in the movies.

I guess he could have joined the Navy, become a commander fairly young but was bored so went for SBS selection and was recruited from there. It'd be very unusual, most of them are Royal Marines, but Bond does the impossible all the time and I think given what his job entails, him being special forces makes the most sense if we're thinking about how/why he was recruited.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

It must have been the lighting on the stage at the baftas
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

It wasn't entirely unjustified. His eyes were a lot puffier there so I'm fairly certain he had some minor work done in that region (coming from the guy who's sick of analyzing Craig's face).

It wasn't entirely unjustified. His eyes were a lot puffier there so I'm fairly certain he had some minor work done in that region (coming from the guy who's sick of analyzing Craig's face).

I am too tired of analyzing craig's looks but his appearance at the baftas was pretty bizarre

He looks damn good. Dapper as hell and back to his old self! I like the haircut as well.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    He's pretty good indeed. ;)

4a35L37.png

4a35L37.png

You're god damn right about that, BOY............:)
    DaWol37X0AEVaGM?format=jpg

Personally I find it quite interesting what kind of extreme treatments a man is willing to undergo ( and obviously you on a regular basis ) of whom so many on this forum claim that he gives a shit about what people think of him or doesn't submit to the usual Hollywood procedures.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Personally I find it quite interesting what kind of extreme treatments a man is willing to undergo ( and obviously you on a regular basis ) of whom so many on this forum claim that he gives a shit about what people think of him or doesn't submit to the usual Hollywood procedures.

What? Are you saying you think he has cosmetic surgery, or the exact opposite?
    I don't know if it is cosmetic surgery he had, but that he had something ( and seemingly a lot of it) is very obvious.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

4a35L37.png
    @marketto007, is this a recent photo of Craig? He seems significantly leaner and taller than he normally does in that photo and if it's in fact him and recent then I'm impressed.

Regarding the photos with Rachel, he looks much better than he did at the BAFTAs imho, and more on par with how he appeared when he was at the charity event last year and when he was with the footballers. The bags have disappeared for the most part and they were the noticeable negative before. He seems a bit trimmer too, so he's obviously been working out, perhaps in anticipation of some announcements on Bond and for forthcoming promotion on Kings.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    NicNac wrote: »

What? Are you saying you think he has cosmetic surgery, or the exact opposite?

His face looks like a wax work to me, the bottom half, if thats because of surgery, too much make up or whatever, I don't know.
    @bondjames It's a promo pic from Skyfall.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks @marketto007. That explains it. If he can get back to that level of fitness and look, I'll be quite happy that he is returning for one more. I know many dislike his look in that film but I think the general level of fitness combined with the cropped hairdo gave him a certain intimidating presence which matched his portrayal very well.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 3,277
    Daniel Craig confirms he'll be Bond 25

If that's your idea of 'confirming' I would really like to know what you define as evasive/vague.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He looks great; slap a tan on him, and maybe two weeks growth on the haircut, the sides a bit too short, and he's ready to go.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    His response to the Danny Boyle question tells me he’s waiting for an official word from EON before confirming anything.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    BUT, Rachel confirms Boyle!!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 5,185
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    His response to the Danny Boyle question tells me he’s waiting for an official word from EON before confirming anything.

Right, he looks very happy about it rather than ambiguous. As if he knows it's gonna happen but doesn't want to publicaly confirm yet.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy

If that's your idea of 'confirming' I would really like to know what you define as evasive/vague.

The journalist asks "what's next for you? Bond?" he answers "yeah" than the journalist asks "a Boyle's Bond" and there he says "we'll see"

Seems quite a confirmation to me

The journalist asks "what's next for you? Bond?" he answers "yeah" than the journalist asks "a Boyle's Bond" and there he says "we'll see"

Seems quite a confirmation to me
    I would have preferred a bit more clear response and further details (even if it's a comment that he will be able to reveal more shortly) rather than how he responded. He seemed ready to get out of there quickly once the conversation turned to Bond.

Irrespective, I don't see why we needed confirmation. Didn't he confirm in July of last year?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 3,277

I was just paraphrasing Associated Press's title of the video. ;)
    ggl007 wrote: »
    BUT, Rachel confirms Boyle!!

Don't think so @ggl007, she was just confirming the 007th Aston Martin out of 100.