I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Fine. But only if time machines are considered canon in Bond's universe too.
    No need for time machines (I don't remember seeing one in Disney comics, either, to explain the characters' agelessness). But having a "floating timeline" is standard for long-lasting series or franchises of any kind, or you would have to turn everything into a strict period piece. But in that regard, I may be among those that you "envy" for being able to accept that concept. It doesn't bother me in the least because it's unavoidable. Brosnan and even Craig are the same James Bond that Connery was, or even the character from Fleming's first novel who was said to be born in 1920. The alternative would be the "James Bond is just a code name" nonsense.

My envy comment was tongue in cheek, as I care about as much as you or others do; it isn't anything that bothers me. I view each take on Bond as a separate and unique story for the character that stands on its own, aside from Sean and George who are meant to be more connected. It's the best way for me to sort of settle the discrepancies in how the actors play them in my mind. Moore, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig are all playing the same man, and they can have the same general histories (like Dalton and Brosnan having Cold War pasts) but they are still Bonds in separate dimensions of a sort in my eyes.
    There's also the fact that Bond is a Time Lord...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Revelator wrote: »
    There's also the fact that Bond is a Time Lord...
    That's a pretty decent theory, actually. Would also explain why he changes his appearance every ten years or so. Regenerations are a bitch.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 12,243
    I never before noticed that after Bond blows up Blofeld’s lair in SP, you can spot a couple cars driving away from the burning site. Surely Ernst was in one of them (and hopefully his cat, too)!
    Now I feel stupid. I don’t know how I missed that detail.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Is it? I can't say I've ever noticed, I thought the commentary noted that Famke did that stunt herself. Maybe I'm wrong.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And in that same scene Eric Serra is squeezing a rubber ducky. =))
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I've never noticed before, but when Xenia spins out of control over n the dirt (in the early car chase), it is obviously a male stunt driver in a wig. GE can join the ranks with GF and LALD of obvious gender switching stunt work.

And YOLT climbing down the rope at Kobi docks...so obvious its not a Japanese woman,but a man.

I've never noticed before, but when Xenia spins out of control over n the dirt (in the early car chase), it is obviously a male stunt driver in a wig. GE can join the ranks with GF and LALD of obvious gender switching stunt work.
    What's the gender switching in GF? I always thought it was really Honor who flipped Sean in the barn, as I saw set pictures of the moment or at least rehearsal for it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Likely Pussy's pilots I expect.

Sounds like a list for the Statistics discussion. Gender switching could encompass male stuntmen for women, characters in drag, and the true transformation.
    When Pussy's Flying Circus first lands. If you have the restored Blu Ray to can easily see that the pilots are men in wigs if you take a good look.
    Oh, that's it? Doesn't really bug me to be honest. At that time it was probably easier 5 to 1 to track down male pilots than female ones.

My adoration for Honor is still intact, then. ;)
    Oh, none of these bug me at all. I just like to point them out. I'm glad they're there.
    I didn't meant to imply you did. That is one of the funnest things about seeing these films remastered now: all the little things that the clearer resolution allows you to spot that you couldn't as well before.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

Oh yes. She learned proper martial arts for The Avengers and she could easily throw Sean around. (She's also a motorcyclist. What's not to adore?)
    edited April 2018 Posts: 28,694
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Oh yes. She learned proper martial arts for The Avengers and she could easily throw Sean around. (She's also a motorcyclist. What's not to adore?)
    @Agent_99, I do remember Honor saying that, since she was used to doing stunts and getting slammed on cement floors for The Avengers, a little row in the hay was quite relaxing in comparison for her when it came time to shoot GF! An absolute badass, and one of the reasons I get insulted when people think strong female characters are a recent concept. There have been many since the beginning of the medium, and Ms. Galore is one of them!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    honor-blackman-book-self-defence.jpg
    book_Honor-Blackman-Self-Defense1.jpg
    Those book covers only reminds me how much I need to check out The Avengers!
    My favorite is the one in the bottom left corner. Love the simplicity and the style of the lettering.
    My favorite is the one in the bottom left corner. Love the simplicity and the style of the lettering.

That's some nice typography and design, right there! Minimalistic graphic design at it's best :-)

That's some nice typography and design, right there! Minimalistic graphic design at it's best :-)
    It's the kind of feeling I try to bring into my own work, to offer something different from the heavily photoshopped posters of the current period.

It's the kind of feeling I try to bring into my own work, to offer something different from the heavily photoshopped posters of the current period.

Heavily photoshopped posters don't seem to go away, do they. Luckily, current trends in graphic design (in general) tend to lean more towards minimalism - which, regarding movie posters, can be both good and bad.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Heavily photoshopped posters don't seem to go away, do they. Luckily, current trends in graphic design (in general) tend to lean more towards minimalism - which, regarding movie posters, can be both good and bad.

Are you a graphic designer? If so, we should talk. I'm going to school for that.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241

Are you a graphic designer? If so, we should talk. I'm going to school for that.

@PropertyOfALady I am! Send me a message if you have any questions. :-)
    I actually have noticed the look before, but never mad the connection until tonight. In CR, when Felix says, "Someone's in a hurry.", referring to Le Chiffre, the look Bond shoots him is a total Dalton look. Go back and check it out.

I've always gotten that vibe, too. He pulls that look off well.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Something I had not given much thoughts before: Bond 25 will be the last time there will be more Bond films with either Moore or Connery than all other actors combined (Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig). By Bond 26, Moore & Connery will represent exactly half the official films (13 out of 26), and once we reach Bond 27, we will have, for the first time, more films without the 'Big 2' than films featuring either of them as Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I actually have noticed the look before, but never mad the connection until tonight. In CR, when Felix says, "Someone's in a hurry.", referring to Le Chiffre, the look Bond shoots him is a total Dalton look. Go back and check it out.

Yes, quite true. It reminds me of the look that Dalton gives Saunders in TLD a couple of times, most notably at the Opera.
    Something I had not given much thoughts before: Bond 25 will be the last time there will be more Bond films with either Moore or Connery than all other actors combined (Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig). By Bond 26, Moore & Connery will represent exactly half the official films (13 out of 26), and once we reach Bond 27, we will have, for the first time, more films without the 'Big 2' than films featuring either of them as Bond.
    Interesting trivia @DaltonCraig007. It's rather sad that it will take until B26 for that statistic to be no longer true. Hopefully someone competent gets control of this operation and starts making these films more regularly soon.

Regardless, as you said, Connery/Moore will always remain the 'Big 2' for me at least no matter what happens going forward.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    bondjames wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Yes, quite true. It reminds me of the look that Dalton gives Saunders in TLD a couple of times, most notably at the Opera.
    Interesting trivia @DaltonCraig007. It's rather sad that it will take until B26 for that statistic to be no longer true. Hopefully someone competent gets control of this operation and starts making these films more regularly soon.

Regardless, as you said, Connery/Moore will always remain the 'Big 2' for me at least no matter what happens going forward.

Interesting statistic. Another sad statistic is that John Barry has only composed 11/24 of the films, slightly less than half. It goes without saying he injected magic into each film he was involved in, regardless of the quality of the film
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Wait, why does that police officer stop M's car in Skyfall? Surely he doesn't know theres a bomb about to go off...
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I assumed there was a convenient traffic incident blocking the road. Or an accident that Silva staged
    I was going to guess a bomb threat might've been called in, but then there wouldn't have been any casualties.
    I actually hadn't even thought of it in full until now. I guess in the back of my head I had assumed the police got a report of a bomb in the area.