I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Just a sloppy joke from a loosely applied association of the visual and the other than 'Ian' Fleming displayed, @CommanderRoss.

Nothing sinister. But I take your point.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Doesn't he check the window to see if It's possible to shoot through it.

Yep..he is checking the range,visibilty of the building across the way,and checking the security and strength of the glass on the window.

"He's up there behind 3 inches of bulletproof glass. . ."
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited May 2018 Posts: 7,973
    Just a sloppy joke from a loosely applied association of the visual and the other than 'Ian' Fleming displayed, @CommanderRoss.

Nothing sinister. But I take your point.

Just wanted to safe you from finding an unwanted extra something whenever you'd be running around Northern Europe ;-)

Or finding out the answer is negative too late when you're quoting Roger Moore in Moonraker... :-D :-D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm no expert either but it is indeed a different looking model than the one we see from there on out.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The gun Bond attaches a suppressor to was a FN Browning M1910
    350px-FN_Model_1910_1616.jpg
    601px-Drno-fn10a.jpg

It's also worth pointing out that in the closeup, Bond's tie is missing.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Always a pleasure. Check out IMFDB. It's a website listing every weapon used in almost every movie imaginable. They cover all the Bond films.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    jake24 wrote: »

Huh. Where'd you find that? In the SF script? ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

Huh. Where'd you find that? In the SF script? ;)
    I was curious, so I went on Google Translate and searched down in Turkish, then pressed the speach button.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    She's a cunning linguïst for sure...
    edited June 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Watching the QoS credits, and I just noticed that Mexican directors Guillermo del Toro and Alonso Cuaron are credited as "additional voices."

EDIT:
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=6899
    @jake24, indeed. I believe del Toro voiced the helicopter pilot during the airplane chase sequence.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @jake24, indeed. I believe del Toro voiced the helicopter pilot during the airplane chase sequence.
    Upon reading into it I believe it was Cuaron who voiced the pilot. Toro's specific use is unknown to my knowledge.
    I always thought del Toro voiced him but I suppose not. I've always tried to figure out who the other one (now del Toro) voices; perhaps the pilot of the jet? Or some unnamed shouting bad guy in another scene.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Del Toro's voice can be heard during Greene's party.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Having just watched SF last night, I noticed twice in the movie we have some very quick changes from day to night.
    The first being when Bond and M escape the trial in the Jaguar and go into hiding.
    When Bond is telling Q about his plan it's broad daylight. Moments later when they arrive at Bonds lock up it darkness. I can forgive a slight lapse in time due to travel, but come on.
    The second is at Skyfall itself. When Silvas men begin their attack on Skyfall it's still light. Maybe heading towards dusk. Even when Silva approaches in his helicopter it's still light.
    Yet when he gets out, it's dark. Whaaaaaaaat?
    Still I did enjoy SF more than usual. I can see why people like it.
    The first one is definately odd.
    The second one not so much, checking the finale on YouTube you can see it's dusk when the men arrive, a bit darker when Silva arrives, and turns darker still when the chopper takes off again. Problem is, with the bright searchlight it seems darker then it is. It is getting dark, but isn't completely yet.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Good catch @Benny. Just watched those two scenes. The first one is a head-scratcher- I have no explanation as to why it would be dark already, unless other stuff happened in between, off screen- got caught in traffic, stopped for some fish and chips on the way etc. Otherwise, it should only be half an hour trip. Regarding the end battle, the rate that it gets dark is pretty consistent IMO until Silva says "Don't you dare touch her- she's mine!" With that very shot, it's suddenly much darker.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Today at work I just so happened to come across the term "hostile takeover" and now I can nod when Bond says it.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Obviously. It's just that now I can pretend like I always knew what he meant. ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    QBranch wrote: »
    Good catch @Benny. Just watched those two scenes. The first one is a head-scratcher- I have no explanation as to why it would be dark already, unless other stuff happened in between, off screen- got caught in traffic, stopped for some fish and chips on the way etc. Otherwise, it should only be half an hour trip. Regarding the end battle, the rate that it gets dark is pretty consistent IMO until Silva says "Don't you dare touch her- she's mine!" With that very shot, it's suddenly much darker.
    The second one not so much, checking the finale on YouTube you can see it's dusk when the men arrive, a bit darker when Silva arrives, and turns darker still when the chopper takes off again. Problem is, with the bright searchlight it seems darker then it is. It is getting dark, but isn't completely yet.

I'll admit the second one is a bit of a stretch. It does seem to get dark very quickly though.
    Still an enjoyable film.
    There's also the same extra seen at two different stations during the underground scenes.
    When Silva is walking down the stairs about to be given the police uniform, an extra with a dark coat, middle aged man with a goatee beard is seen camera left. This is at Temple station.
    Later when Silva blends in with the police at Westminster station, and Bond is searching for him amongst the crowd, the same middle aged man with goatee can clearly be seen in the crowd.
    Once you see it, you can't unsee it.
    Benny wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »

I'll admit the second one is a bit of a stretch. It does seem to get dark very quickly though.
    Still an enjoyable film.
    There's also the same extra seen at two different stations during the underground scenes.
    When Silva is walking down the stairs about to be given the police uniform, an extra with a dark coat, middle aged man with a goatee beard is seen camera left. This is at Temple station.
    Later when Silva blends in with the police at Westminster station, and Bond is searching for him amongst the crowd, the same middle aged man with goatee can clearly be seen in the crowd.
    Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

I think that's @barryt007 going to work, he does work somewhere there doesn't he? ;-)
    When Bond takes the towel off Miss Taro and holds it up to his face, I always expect him to smell it (like Roger smelling "Mrs. Bond's" clothes in LALD). Instead, he proceeds to eat the towel. What's up with that? Is this a thing? I would assume he is simply wiping off the lipstick, but the fact he opens his mouth when making contact might suggest he is chewing on, or even French kissing the towel. Perhaps a combination of both? Please just stick to nibbling on shoulders and other body parts, 007!
    I just now noticed how badly Moneypenny ages between 1981 (she looks great in FYEO) and 1985 (AVTAK).
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I think she loses her believability in her flirtations with Bond after TB.

That soon? I think the believability is there for Connery's tenure, and then again with Moore for his first few films. Maxwell was born the same year as Moore after all.
    I would say that she ages more from TSWLM onwards.
    Not sure I've noticed a jump in how she ages - maybe some of her wardrobe and hairstyle choices made her look older - and she changed her look a lot. Although, I find her attractive up to (and including) Maj, and maybe in DAF - but from LALD onward, not as much.
    Haven't really thought of it, but perhaps they made her look slightly older as she was just as old as Roger - to make it more believable for him to sleep with younger women…? Just a thought.
    It seems this one hasn't been mentioned here before:

CR: When Bond first meets Mathis, we see a bowl of pistachio nuts on their table.

Perhaps this is a reference to Milos Columbo - with Bond gaining a valued ally?

Looking deeper, perhaps it was a hint that Mathis was indeed innocent, and falsely accused by Bond, before being confirmed in QOS two years later.
    Huh. Crazy.