I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    peter wrote: »
    Hang and dress me on this one: after Bond sends Grant into the Big Sleep, Bond fixes his tie with his right hand;

I never noticed the blood (or bruises) on Bond's hand.
    @peter, a common touch in the Young films when Bond brawls. You can spot the same bruised knuckles after he wallops Mr. Jones in DN as well.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Damn! Nice, subtle touches @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just watching MR. I can't believe I've never noticed this before, but one of the pilots flying the Boeing in the PTS is played by the same actor who played the naval officer who tries to infiltrate the Liparus's control room in TSWLM and is killed. His name is Kim Fortune.

I'm shocked I didn't previously make the connection, because he had a reasonably noticeable part in the earlier film.
    Can't say I ever caught onto that myself! Nice one.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 143
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Just noticed a snowy location features in all four of the Brosnan movies.

And none of the Connery ones,even Switzerland.

Actually there is snow in You Only Live Twice. The installation where the USA, USSR, and the UK are having their meeting prior to Bond's introduction.

]https://s14.postimg.org/ke63pnt1t/Snow_YOLT.png

While Bond is not present it is a location in the film, however briefly it appears.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gobi-1 wrote: »
    Just noticed a snowy location features in all four of the Brosnan movies.

And none of the Connery ones,even Switzerland.

Actually there is snow in You Only Live Twice. The installation where the USA, USSR, and the UK are having their meeting prior to Bond's introduction.

]https://s14.postimg.org/ke63pnt1t/Snow_YOLT.png

While Bond is not present it is a location in the film, however briefly it appears.

That is a Norwegian radar station.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    jake24 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just watching MR. I can't believe I've never noticed this before, but one of the pilots flying the Boeing in the PTS is played by the same actor who played the naval officer who tries to infiltrate the Liparus's control room in TSWLM and is killed. His name is Kim Fortune.

I'm shocked I didn't previously make the connection, because he had a reasonably noticeable part in the earlier film.
    Can't say I ever caught onto that myself! Nice one.
    Thanks. It's amazing how one can discover new moments like this in a film that one has seen so many times since childhood, even though it has always been staring one right in the face. That chubby Vegas cop from DAF who reappears in Louisiana in LALD is another one. I only noticed him a couple of years back.
    peter wrote: »
    Hang and dress me on this one: after Bond sends Grant into the Big Sleep, Bond fixes his tie with his right hand;

I never noticed the blood (or bruises) on Bond's hand.

Can't say I remember seeing that before, either! So much going on in that scene, though.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Revelator wrote: »
    Since when is this a stereotype?

It has been for hundreds of years.
    From my personal experience there are enough women who will sleep with men either to get back at another man, because they fancy the fun or to get him to pay for her luxury lifestyle.

That's not exactly what we're talking about. The temptress/femme fatale stereotype uses sex to lure men to their doom, not merely to express a fit of pique or enjoy luxuries.
    Bond is a gentleman, and thus protective of women, even though he may not stay with them for long (due to his job). Those who think he's a misogynist basically fail to understand human nature.

I basically agree, but I'm not sure how many people outside this message board would (not even Daniel Craig!), especially since "misogyny" is now being used in place of "sexist," which certainly can apply to the Bond films.

yes, I see I reacted to the wrong word. Since when is it sexist? As this implies that either men or women are done a disservice here, which I don't see. It's part of nature where women seduce men with their beauty whilst men seduce women with their prowess, strength, etc. etc.

I love the siren/femme fatale concept (wouldn't call it a stereotype) and as I said, it finds it's resembleance in everyday life (most men aren't 'knights in shiny armour' either, unless you count cars as 'armour').

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well it's the first time I saw this gem:

perhps not really menat for this threat but as many are from outside the UK and probably haven't seen it (like me), I figured it could be placed here.
    Well it's the first time I saw this gem:

perhps not really menat for this threat but as many are from outside the UK and probably haven't seen it (like me), I figured it could be placed here.

Haven't seen that one! Thanks for sharing!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    In the 1967 CR, there are COWBOYS AND ALIENS!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

:O, here's one I just noticed. And I'm gonna type it before I forget because I almost did. The Carpenters's song "Superstar" and Garbage's TWINE have the exact same intro.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,291
    Well, those first notes are certainly the same!
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 19,339

The problem with CR'67 is, it's far more difficult to point out something that wasn't in that film.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Maybe I've always zoned out at the point where it is referenced in the past, but this is the first time that I've caught that Heller really was planning on betraying Sanchez.

Haven't caught that! Then again, I'm sometimes a lazy movie viewer…
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Yes he was ready to do a deal and Bond scared him off. One of many times in the film where Bond's personal vendetta screwed up everyone else's plans.
    It's when Bond questions Pam as to why she was meeting with Heller in his office?

Now that you mention it, I can vaguely remember it (haven't seen the film in a long time).
    It's when Bond questions Pam as to why she was meeting with Heller in his office?

Now that you mention it, I can vaguely remember it (haven't seen the film in a long time).

Heller had a deal with Pam to get the stinger missiles back from Sanchez,before they were used to bring down an airliner.

Heller had a deal with Pam to get the stinger missiles back from Sanchez,before they were used to bring down an airliner.

Getting clearer now. Why don't I ever pay attention in this part of the film?
    It's one of my favourite parts of LTK. Especially Pam's line "It's a mess!" And the look on Bonds face, he knows he his private vendetta has messed things up for everyone!
    Great scene!

Because you know that terrible fight scene is about to commence.....
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,291

Because you know that terrible fight scene is about to commence.....

That's possibly it!
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Just noticed / considered for the first time while whatching YOLT tonight . When Bond drops into Tanaka's office chair Tiger's cackle, laugh, voice and general faceless demeanour was a deliberate attempt to fool the audience of the time that this was Blofeld.
    The pre publicity had a heavy slant on Bond coming face to face with Blofeld for the first time so this scene set up was maybe a little attempt to wrong foot the audience. What does anyone else think?

cwl007 wrote: »
    Just noticed / considered for the first time while whatching YOLT tonight . When Bond drops into Tanaka's office chair Tiger's cackle, laugh, voice and general faceless demeanour was a deliberate attempt to fool the audience of the time that this was Blofeld.
    The pre publicity had a heavy slant on Bond coming face to face with Blofeld for the first time so this scene set up was maybe a little attempt to wrong foot the audience. What does anyone else think?

You know, I've often thought Tiger's laugh sounded eerily similar to the man in the wheelchair from FYEO who we all know is Blofeld even though the name is nowhere to be found.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

You know, I've often thought Tiger's laugh sounded eerily similar to the man in the wheelchair from FYEO who we all know is Blofeld even though the name is nowhere to be found.

Same voice actor. Also did the voice of Largo too.
    Murdock wrote: »

Same voice actor. Also did the voice of Largo too.

That would explain it.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    It does. Robert Rietti (aka Rietty) did a bunch of voices in Bond movies (and others). Almost as many as Nikki van der Zyl did for the female characters.
    I never realized that Tiger and "Blofeld" from FYEO had the same voice but now that I think about it it seems so obvious.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Yeah it does once you know doesn't it. That's probably where my thought last night came from, I've probably retro fitted it having watched FYEO and YOLT often and with small gaps in between viewing them. Audiences In the '60's when Bond meets Tanaka for the 1st time probably made no connection at all.