"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• edited March 2018 Posts: 17,280
    Penalty to Italy after VAR being used! And it's 1-1!

Fair enough I suppose. Thought we were the better team but we have very little to scare the serious contenders.

Italy weren't that dangerous (at least after that promising start they had), but 1-1 is probably a fair result, looking at the match as a whole. Too bad for Tarkowski, though.

Looks like Brazil got a win away against Germany tonight. No doubt both will be World Cup favourites this summer.

Edit: Did Spain win 6-1 against Argentina?! Wow!
    Watching Oxford United - Scunthorpe United on the telly is actually more exciting than international football…
    Card bonanza in the Middlesbrough-Wolves match! Wolves down to nine men, with several yellows!

The games ends 1-2. Middlesbrough didn't manage to put the ball in the net before well into the added time. This Wolves team will be a difficult opponent in the PL next season, that's for sure!
    I see the taxpayer is footing the £60k bill for extra security at London Stadium tomorrow
    vzok wrote: »
    I see the taxpayer is footing the £60k bill for extra security at London Stadium tomorrow

They have extra security now, too? Jeez…
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    More of our money down the shitter. Talk about financial fair play - how is this scum club getting everything paid by the government when other clubs have to pay it themselves not classed as financial doping?

That said as long as Southampton win I'll consider it money well spent.
    More of our money down the shitter. Talk about financial fair play - how is this scum club getting everything paid by the government when other clubs have to pay it themselves not classed as financial doping?

That match will be so intense. Can't wait!
    Re: the security bill - I take it that it's private security firms involved in this, too? If so, why not just ship the bill straight to the WH owners? It's their club after all.

Re: the security bill - I take it that it's private security firms involved in this, too? If so, why not just ship the bill straight to the WH owners? It's their club after all.

Because f**knut Boris signed a ridiculous contract that basically absolves London Utd from having to pay anything apart from 2m a year rent.

Just need Southampton to score first and then the wheels will come off hopefully.

Liverpool a no lose situation today - if we win excellent, if we lose then it puts more distance between Palace and London Utd.

Because f**knut Boris signed a ridiculous contract that basically absolves London Utd from having to pay anything apart from 2m a year rent.

Oh my, they won't have to pay for things like security, either?! Now, that's just horrible!
    Just need Southampton to score first and then the wheels will come off hopefully.

Liverpool a no lose situation today - if we win excellent, if we lose then it puts more distance between Palace and London Utd.

I hope Southampton wins. For all their bad results this season, they are still a team I enjoy watching. West Ham? Not so much.

I captained Salah in FPL this week, so the early match will decide a lot this gameweek. Also shipped out Firmino for Vardy, which I'm regretting already.
    Damn it! Man United inclined TV2 showing United-Swansea instead of the drama that is West Ham-Southampton. Ridiculous!

They don't have to pay the security bill, even though it's their fans causing trouble. Great.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited March 2018 Posts: 4,151
    Ok, so Liverpool are playing very poorly. But, on a side note, football related / James Bond related, how about Mo Salah for the next Bond. Looking at his wedding pic, why not???

zSmecuB.jpg
    This is a shocking game of football.
    I just knew we would lose against Fulham yesterday. Always been one of our bogey teams!
    Ok, so Liverpool are playing very poorly. But, on a side note, football related / James Bond related, how about Mo Salah for the next Bond. Looking at his wedding pic, why not???

zSmecuB.jpg

«And he strikes *duh-duh-duh-duh-duh*, like Mo Salaaah!»
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I just knew we would lose against Fulham yesterday. Always been one of our bogey teams!

Fulham looking more and more like a PL team. Too bad for Norwich, though.
    Also, look at Millwall! Promoted via playoffs, and now up to eight, only one point away from playoffs to the PL! Wow!

zSmecuB.jpg

«And he strikes, like Mo Salaaah!»

Also, look at Millwall! Promoted via playoffs, and now up to eight, only one point away from playoffs to the PL! Wow!

It is quite possibly the most difficult and unpredictable league on the planet! I mean Derby lost at home last night 4-1to Sunderland!

zSmecuB.jpg

It is quite possibly the most difficult and unpredictable league on the planet! I mean Derby lost at home last night 4-1to Sunderland!

I watched that game, and Derby were horrible! Not every week you can say it, but Sunderland deserved that one! Imagine if they kept their place in the Championship.
    Well, that was far from pretty but I’ll take that win.

zSmecuB.jpg

I watched that game, and Derby were horrible! Not every week you can say it, but Sunderland deserved that one! Imagine if they kept their place in the Championship.

That really would be incredible!! lol!
    Come on Southampton. England expects.
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    edited March 2018 Posts: 194
    Congrats to theWiz, Largo and Liverpool for their victory this morning. Very tough game, on the road, against a Palace team that came in ready to play, with a good plan and gave you guys a tough fight.

While everyone on here will probably be following the West Ham-Southampton game next, it is essentially do or die for West Brom today. With eight games left, my take is that West Brom have to win four of them, bare minimum, to have a chance to survive. With four wins and say two draws, it would be theoretically possible to survive. To have any possible chance, it must begin today, at home, against Burnley.

zSmecuB.jpg

That really would be incredible!! lol!

Very much so!
    Come on Southampton. England expects.

Wish this was on TV here. Lukaku scores after five mins, so won't expect any surprises at Old Trafford.
    C**NTING F**K!

Come Mark Hughes for Christ's sake sort your shit out.
    West Ham scores, @TheWizardOfIce…And again!
    Congrats to theWiz, Largo and Liverpool for their victory this morning. Very tough game, on the road, against a Palace team that came in ready to play, with a good plan and gave you guys a tough fight.

While everyone on here will probably be following the West Ham-Southampton game next, it is essentially do or die for West Brom today. With eight games left, my take is that West Brom have to win four of them, bare minimum, to have a chance to survive. With four wins and say two draws, it would be theoretically possible to survive. To have any possible chance, it must begin today, at home, against Burnley.

Anything can happen here on in, I guess. The relegation battle is always bound to surprise.
    Down you go Southampton and good riddance. Pathetic display turning up at a club on the verge of imploding and the game's over after 15 mins.
    Down you go Southampton and good riddance. Pathetic display turning up at a club on the verge of imploding and the game's over after 15 mins.

Austin hat-trick incoming. F*ck, brought Barnes on WC, but first sub - and then he scores!
    West Ham scores again!
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    edited March 2018 Posts: 194
    What a deplorable effort from Southampton. They look completely discombobulated and the effort level is appalling. If anyone can rewind, go back and watch Ryan Bertrand #21 on Arnautovic's goal from the point in which Bertrand threw in the ball.
    A disgrace to football. Have fun in the championship soft southern tossers.

Not even going to watch MOTD tonight. Can't face the scenes of all the cockney vermin singing and smiling with everything forgotten like when they give their wife a slap and their chunky sovereign ring leaves a massive welt on her cheek but then they tell her they love her and it's all good. Sickening.
    No chance to see the match myself, but take it that the West Ham goals haven't been lucky ones?