"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Amazing the Dutch team leading the Portuguese with 0-2 in Geneva in the first half so far..
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 7,653
    The lads from Portugal get annoyed and the fouls become more serious.
    And that is Portugal - Netherlands 0-3 at halftime.
    Red card for Portugal (in a friendly!!) Joao Cancelo
    SaintMark wrote: »
    And that is Portugal - Netherlands 0-3 at halftime.

Wow, that would be a better result for Koeman! The match is not on TV here, unfortunately.

Norway got a 0-1 victory away against Albania earlier tonight. Boring match, but Norway were the better team. Again a good match by Mohamed "Moi" Elyounoussi, who might end up in the PL if he continues like this.
    Portugal is an Angstgegner of the Dutch even with our top teams they gave our teams a hard time.
    However this Portuguese side is struggling with itself and having no real chances against the Dutch who had 4 and scored three times.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Wasn't it the team’s style of play that saw Puel fired from Southampton, too? It's very pleasing to see him do so well at Leicester after what happened at The Saints.

Yep it was....be careful what you wish for.
    That West Ham v Southampton game is a massive one,coming up.
    Absolutely massive indeed. Come on Southampton players just think of the day when you bounce your grandson on your knee and say 'I may never have won any medals but I was part of the team that battered London Utd in 2018 precipitating a riot that smashed up the Olympic Stadium and saw them docked 12 points before a downward spiral down the leagues into oblivion.'
    Portugal is an Angstgegner of the Dutch even with our top teams they gave our teams a hard time.
    However this Portuguese side is struggling with itself and having no real chances against the Dutch who had 4 and scored three times.

Interesting. Didn't think much of the Portuguese side in the Euro's, yet they managed to win the damn thing.

Interesting. Didn't think much of the Portuguese side in the Euro's, yet they managed to win the damn thing.

They played a poor 1st half and the Dutch scored 3 times. The second half the Portuguese side was much better but they could not get through the defensive wall and the Dutch goalie did a few brilliant saves. Then the red card (disgraceful in a friendly) and the Dutch started swapping players and the game was less enjoyable and less of a game.

Overall we have a coach who has seen some new ideas for the future of the Dutch international games.
    Roll on the weekend when club football returns!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Roll on the weekend when club football returns!!!!

True that is fun too.

They played a poor 1st half and the Dutch scored 3 times. The second half the Portuguese side was much better but they could not get through the defensive wall and the Dutch goalie did a few brilliant saves. Then the red card (disgraceful in a friendly) and the Dutch started swapping players and the game was less enjoyable and less of a game.

Overall we have a coach who has seen some new ideas for the future of the Dutch international games.

There's no lack of talent, with the likes of van Dijk, Depay, Babel etc., to play. Must be an interesting project for Koeman, this.

Strange, there was no mention of a red card in the match coverage here. Was it a straight red?
    two times yellow and a send off
    two times yellow and a send off

Not often you see that in a friendly!
    Wasn't it the team’s style of play that saw Puel fired from Southampton, too? It's very pleasing to see him do so well at Leicester after what happened at The Saints.

Absolutely massive indeed. Come on Southampton players just think of the day when you bounce your grandson on your knee and say 'I may never have won any medals but I was part of the team that battered London Utd in 2018 precipitating a riot that smashed up the Olympic Stadium and saw them docked 12 points before a downward spiral down the leagues into oblivion.'

Awwww your love for West Ham knows no bounds,Wiz.

logoailft374_black1.jpg
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,294
    Scenes if West Ham get relegated!
    tumblr_ojc1lgL8M91v0h5b4o5_500.gif

Awwww your love for West Ham knows no bounds,Wiz.

logoailft374_black1.jpg
    The Kara of football son.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I beg to disagree, considering Kara Milovy is gorgeous ;)
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Agreed. I was phrasing it in terms Bazza could understand. As far as he's concerned she's the Arsene Wenger of Bond girls but without the period of success 15 years ago.

Personally I'd have her right up there myself too. In European royalty terms probably an Ajax to Vesper's Real.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    DZR6sEbXcAETWdO.jpg
    Haha, not letting Brazil put that match behind them!
    Would have been soft, but Italy could potentially have been awarded a penalty in the first minutes against England. Stones pulling Immobile's arm inside the box, there.

1-0, Vardy! Never have a free kick been taken faster, has it? Needed replay to see it taken!

There's no lack of talent, with the likes of van Dijk, Depay, Babel etc., to play. Must be an interesting project for Koeman, this.

Strange, there was no mention of a red card in the match coverage here. Was it a straight red?

Those names to me suggest severe lack of talent. At least by Dutch standards...

GoldenGun wrote: »
    Agreed. I was phrasing it in terms Bazza could understand. As far as he's concerned she's the Arsene Wenger of Bond girls but without the period of success 15 years ago.

Personally I'd have her right up there myself too. In European royalty terms probably an Ajax to Vesper's Real.

Please don't compare Vesper with Real! Vesper has charm and personality!
    jobo wrote: »

What I've seen from those players haven't been bad, actually. Not on a Bergkamp-esque quality, of, course! Not at all.

What I've seen from those players haven't been bad, actually. Not on a Bergkamp-esque quality, of, course! Not at all.

The are not bad players, of course. But compared to what the top national teams can muster, they fall terribly short.

The are not bad players, of course. But compared to what the top national teams can muster, they fall terribly short.

Not comparing them to the likes of Germany or Spain, but it must be an interesting project for Koeman.

Boring second half so far between England and Italy. Need something to happen!
    Not even watching England, TV not even on!
    Watched some of Germany - Brazil. This Brazil team is strong.
    Penalty to Italy after VAR being used! And it's 1-1!
    Penalty to Italy after VAR being used! And it's 1-1!

Fair enough I suppose. Thought we were the better team but we have very little to scare the serious contenders.