Die Another Day New 2CD Release

Comments

mattjoes wrote: »
    So how long could we expect these 5000 units to take to sell out?

Yeah, I'm anxious.

Imagine they'll last awhile. 5,000 is a lot of copies for a relatively niche interest (film music), regardless of the Bond name. LLL will sell a lot, surely* enough to impress EON, but at 5,000 I can't see it selling out completely in under a year.

*assuming/hoping the bootleg doesn't hurt sales

I wonder at what stage we might get any news on how it has been selling so far?
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    As a Bond composer I would not put Arnold at the top, but he did do a couple of real barnburner all time classics IMHO (Independence Day, and Stargate, two phenomenal scores). TND I found to be a very good score, TWINE and DAD apart from a few bits I did not enjoy. He overlays techno beats which sours the whole carton of milk. For DAD however, I do really enjoy the music in the very beginning as Bond is surfing in (On the beach). Worthy of Barry. His Craig scores did not register for me. Just did not stand out.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Die Another Day is "temporarily out of stock." Is that an indication of anything interesting?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It sounds like it sold well which is excellent news. :D
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Ooh, I'm glad I got it when I did.
  • Just to temper any expectations or quell any fears, the 5,000 unit run gets pressed in batches. This just means they've run out of the first batch and are having the next batch shipped. How many units are in each batch? Who knows...

But yes, at the very least, units are selling and that's a good thing! :D
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I wish the units were numbered. I like to know when in the production run my copy was produced. It's the collector in me.
    Just to temper any expectations or quell any fears, the 5,000 unit run gets pressed in batches. This just means they've run out of the first batch and are having the next batch shipped. How many units are in each batch? Who knows...

Interesting trivia, @Some_Kind_Of_Hero, I didn´t know about the batches. But yes, it´s very cool to see that the album sells :-)!

Just to temper any expectations or quell any fears, the 5,000 unit run gets pressed in batches. This just means they've run out of the first batch and are having the next batch shipped. How many units are in each batch? Who knows...

Gondola chase music, here we go!!!!!!11
    I'd guess the first batch was either 2000 or 2500, so that's pretty good going so far. Hopefully enough to encourage them to press on with one or two more this year.
    I hope they do MR or AVTAK next. They will probably do TWINE and maybe TND most likely.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I hope they do MR or AVTAK next. They will probably do TWINE and maybe TND most likely.

MR and AVTAK are the two I'd like most also. I certainly wouldn't say no to TWINE next.
    I wouldn't say no to anything. Bond tunes are my life. :D
  • vzok wrote: »
    I'd guess the first batch was either 2000 or 2500, so that's pretty good going so far. Hopefully enough to encourage them to press on with one or two more this year.

That would be fantastic! I can’t wait to see which ones come out next.
    Murdock wrote: »

Arnold's other two Brosnans are the most likely candidates, but I'd be through roof with any one of those four rolling out next.
    LLL confirmed over at FSM that half of the stock has sold so far, and that EoN were very happy with the overall experience and end product.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Good, I'm happy that they're happy. Hopefully this will mean more expanded soundtracks.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,023
    Here's hoping. The one thing we do know is that if they release another one, it won't be TLD.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    vzok wrote: »
    LLL confirmed over at FSM that half of the stock has sold so far, and that EoN were very happy with the overall experience and end product.

Abbreviations galore!

Abbreviations galore!

AG!
    Fantastic.

Abbreviations galore!
    I'm reminded of Loaded Weapon 1...

- There's something between you and this General Mortars.
    - He was my CO in 'Nam. CIA listed him as MIA, but the VA ID'd his MO and we put out an APB.
    - Oh, I see.
    Excellent news with DAD's expanded soundtrack being a good seller. The future is looking bright for Bond music lovers. :-bd
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Fantastic.

Abbreviations galore!

- He was my CO in 'Nam. CIA listed him as MIA, but the VA ID'd his MO and we put out an APB.
    - Oh, I see.

Haha! Sounds about right.
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"

- Oh, I see.

"Quid pro quo!"

"What does that mean?"

"It means I'm pretentious!"
  • Nothing to go too crazy over, but a recent dialogue with LLL:
    Any chance of GoldenEye ever being given the royal treatment?

LLL: If more Bonding can be done, Goldeneye would certainly be on the list.
    I certainly hope so. :-bd
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Nothing to go too crazy over, but a recent dialogue with LLL:

\m/
    I would order GE in a heartbeat.
    Nice to know that they aren’t just thinking about releasing the David Arnold scores.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    00Agent wrote: »

\m/

It'd be very nice to get the full St. Petersberg chase sequence as heard in the film. The Nic Raine stuff is really good.
    00Agent wrote: »

\m/

It'd be very nice to get the full St. Petersberg chase sequence as heard in the film. The Nic Raine stuff is really good.

Agreed! I posted an incomplete version of John Altman's original track, here's hoping La La Land can work their magic and give us the whole thing. :O
    No, no, no! Nothing else until all the Barry scores get their proper due.

Then you can have all the KamenSerraArnold and whoever else you want.