Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Pierce would always be welcome back in my book.;)
    HlvzogYl.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A rogue Bond film with Dalton or Brosnan would still be welcome as a film experiment, OO7 showing age of course. But that option is off the table now, true.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited March 2018 Posts: 7,981
    [quote="JamesBondKenya;857028

[/quote]
    Oh no dude I was completely 100% joking. It was a joke at the media and their choice of actors for bond as well as their idea of what racism is and it was a joke about this forum and how the mods are over sensitive about what we say. Not aimed at you at all, don’t even worry about it.[/quote]

My strong reaction was in part because we seem to now live in a world where someone can't have say something, or voice an opinion with out being labelled some type of "ist" or "phobe" Lol.
    I apologize for the knee jerk reaction.
    I suppose this hasn’t ever been a thought but could Dalton/Brosnan ever return to the role realistically?
    How about this: say it takes Eon another four years on the backside of Bond 25 to recast and put a fresh face on the franchise before #26. To make the meantime pass more easily, bring back Pierce (or Tim) for a neat, taught, and faithful 90-min adaptation of Fleming's TSWLM, reworked slightly of course to suit an older, retired Bond. An adaptation of "The Hildebrand Rarity" would also be perfectly acceptable. Perhaps each of Tim and Pierce could do one. No need to fuss with theater distribution. Release it digitally.

Never happen, but I'd love it.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    A couple days ago it was Daniel Kaluuya and today it's Cillian Murphy.
    Tomorrow it will turn out that Elvis Presley faked his death, will be coming out of hiding and will return to motion picture acting at the age of 83 to replace Craig as 007.

If Elvis could do the theme tune... I'm up for that!

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Tomorrow it will turn out that Elvis Presley faked his death, will be coming out of hiding and will return to motion picture acting at the age of 83 to replace Craig as 007.
    Oh, it's unlikely to be someone so far fetched.

Actually, the candidate who was speculated about yesterday is someone far more familiar. An old favourite who is reportedly the 'will of a nation'.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/13/idris-elbas-fiance-hopes-doesnt-play-james-bond-itll-mess-housework-7382984/
    bondjames wrote: »
    Oh, it's unlikely to be someone so far fetched.

Actually, the candidate who was speculated about yesterday is someone far more familiar. An old favourite who is reportedly the 'will of a nation'.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/13/idris-elbas-fiance-hopes-doesnt-play-james-bond-itll-mess-housework-7382984/

Self proclaimed and self reported.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Daily Mail runs another 'next Bond' item....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5495871/Who-James-Bond.html

I think most/all the names have been mentioned before.

• edited March 2018 Posts: 17,294
    EON must be happy with the free (Bond) publicity.
    With Danny Boyle in, I'm surprised no tabloid mentioned Ewan McGregor as Bond.
    Ludovico wrote: »

He is 150/1 odds at the moment.

barryt007 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

He is 150/1 odds at the moment.

Sanity at last.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Ewan McGregor should stay away from the Bond franchise as much as possible.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,185
    +1
    00Agent wrote: »
    +1

+2 That's why I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned recently.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    If Elvis could do the theme tune... I'm up for that!

"Surrender" would have been a great 60s-style theme:

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A million times better than KD Lang s Surrender.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm not saying he should, but I think possibly Henry Cavill's name could be part of the seventh James Bond rumour mill.
    He was one of the final contenders for the role in CR, and is still young enough to plausibly take the role. EON are well known for looking back at potential Bonds from former casting's.
    It wouldn't shock me to see his name included. Even with the Superman role. I think EON are possibly more open minded to who to cast in the role now. And Cavill whilst well known, is certainly not a megastar outside of their budget.
    If he nails his role on MI, his stock goes up .
    I'd say that Henry Cavill is currently the right age to play Bond now. I'm afraid by the time B26 comes around, he'll just be too old to be starting the franchise off. I still feel the producers need to stick with the notion of 00 agents taking mandatory retirement at 45 as Fleming originally wrote and not saddling themselves (and us) with an ageing Bond by their third movie. But as future contenders go, I must admit he's probably my preferred choice alongside Aidan Turner.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Oh no dude I was completely 100% joking. It was a joke at the media and their choice of actors for bond as well as their idea of what racism is and it was a joke about this forum and how the mods are over sensitive about what we say. Not aimed
    Right you are

Are we? In what way?
    We are constantly told that we let people get away with too much!
    Damned if we do, damned if we don’t eh?
    How have you enjoyed your first year with us anyway?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    EoN need to look towards theatre talent when casting the next Bond. Some of these guys can act circled around these Hollywood talents.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    EoN need to look towards theatre talent when casting the next Bond. Some of these guys can act circled around these Hollywood talents.

As long as they understand the difference between the platforms.
    doubleoego wrote: »

That's my wish. This is where I'd expect to find new unknown talents.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,294
    Some of the best British actors have a background/are not unfamiliar with theatre, so that's a good call. I could only be dragged to a theatre of I got paid (just don't like theatre), but there's no doubt there might be theatre talents worth looking at. Understanding of the difference between the platforms is important, as @Thunderfinger wrote.
    So, what we're basically saying is that the Bond actor being a thespian is a must?
    So, what we're basically saying is that the Bond actor being a thespian is a must?

Ok, I’ll bite, what he does in his personal life is his business.

talos7 wrote: »
    Ok, I’ll bite, what he does in his personal life is his business.
    Naturally. ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The next Bond actor will definitely have a theatre background. That is, I think, a given while Broccoli is in charge.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Perhaps the most ridiculous Bond actor story from 2017 (sorry if this has been mentioned before but if you haven't seen it before - I just found out about it - it's worth a chuckle or a sigh of despair):

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/29/meghan-markle-shortlisted-james-bond-role-romance-prince-harry-ended-career-7189896/

Rfem2w1__400x400.jpg

Edit - I though she was up to play Bond. That would have been even funnier. No, just a Bond girl. Okay, fair enough.