No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Neither are with Sony anymore as far as I'm aware.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Done some sleuthing. Barbara Broccoli spent Oscar night with Jonathan Glickman and Elizabeth Cantillon, both are Sony executives. Clearly, she is still very close with them or....they are involved in Bond 25

You have to suck up to any potential bankrollers of a future Bond film or films, no matter how personally demeaning it may or may not been. That's showbiz, folks!
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    bondjames wrote: »

Source?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Done some sleuthing. Barbara Broccoli spent Oscar night with Jonathan Glickman and Elizabeth Cantillon, both are Sony executives. Clearly, she is still very close with them or....they are involved in Bond 25

So things are good between Babs and Marc Forster.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Has Barbara surrendered to Blofeld? =))

Source?
    Just a google search. Glickman is with MGM as you said and Cantillon has her own production company I believe.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Who's to say black Bond/female Bond/gay Bond/Muslim Bond/wheelchair Bond isn't on the table now?
    I'll say it. Black Bond/female Bond/gay Bond/Muslim Bond/wheelchair Bond isn't on the table now.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I think they are underestimating the prevailing mood for change and reinvention. It's definitely out there. This is not just about the hardcore, although there's a far number of us that aren't enamoured by the current state of affairs as well.

Either that or they just can't deliver it right now due to business dynamics. Either way it's regrettable, because I've never felt such a clear cut need to blaze a significantly new path since DAD. This isn't about box office (neither was the last Brosnan effort, which made good money globally). It's about catching the mood.

The one thing I can say about the Brosnan and Dalton eras is that they didn't overstay their welcome. For whatever reason, they fortuitously ended when they should have imho.

You wanted a different direction after DAD, or you supported the producers' decision to go in a different direction after DAD?
    RC7 wrote: »
    I think they are underestimating the prevailing mood for change and reinvention. It's definitely out there.

Amongst fans.

No, not entirely. Remember SP was 4 years ago, and made significantly less than SF. To say the audience doesn't care either way is disingenuous.

There’s nothing to suggest there is a groundswell of support for Craig’s departure amongst the public, if there were you’d have heard about it in the press. Some people don’t like him, others do, some are ambivalent.
    Nobody said there's a groundswell of support for anyone's departure.

There is a prevailing need and mood for reinvention. He is a fundamental component of that, because more than any other Bond actor before him his entire narrative is connected.

The two go hand in hand. Moreover, as we theorized a few pages back, old man Bond is played out.

With respect to Craig, all his off the air shenanigans have polluted his image amongst a large component of the public. Many know of wrist slash, his negative comments about Bond, the character's misogyny and his desire for more money. Whether true or not, those articles had two years of play. People internalized it. He knows that. Which is why he's been trying to address it recently. A case of too little, too late.

Bond films always make money so that's not the concern, but the enthusiasm is not there. A director can't change that, unless it's Nolan.

Like I say, I don’t see the ‘prevailing mood’ amongst anyone other than a subsection of Bond fans. Perhaps it’s the case where you are, but that is not the sense I am getting in the UK.

Either way, it’s not of pressing interest to me. I’m just excited to see what happens next, whenever and with whomever is involved.

You think there's as much excitement and anticipation around the next film as there was for the previous four? I don't see it myself.

Craig's last and #25? That's an easy sell to the public.
    echo wrote: »
    I think they are underestimating the prevailing mood for change and reinvention. It's definitely out there. This is not just about the hardcore, although there's a far number of us that aren't enamoured by the current state of affairs as well.

Either that or they just can't deliver it right now due to business dynamics. Either way it's regrettable, because I've never felt such a clear cut need to blaze a significantly new path since DAD. This isn't about box office (neither was the last Brosnan effort, which made good money globally). It's about catching the mood.

The one thing I can say about the Brosnan and Dalton eras is that they didn't overstay their welcome. For whatever reason, they fortuitously ended when they should have imho.

You wanted a different direction after DAD, or you supported the producers' decision to go in a different direction after DAD?
    Both, and I believe we are in a similar scenario at this moment. Their decision after DAD was a brave one, and it's time for such courage again imho.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited March 2018 Posts: 567
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Holy crap. Is this reliable?

Baz chimes in with news about Boyle:

"#DannyBoyle will direct next #007 film #Bond25 late this year after shooting #allyouneedislove for @Working_Title - as long as Bond screenplay by #JohnHodge meets approval. #BarbaraBroccoli #Michael G.Wilson & #DanielCraig “willing” this to happen."

I believe this is a done deal because they seem to decide based upon director, not script.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »

Holy crap. Is this reliable?
    Yes, very.
    Welp gg.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Hmmmmmm. So can we assume Boyle will get the gig then? Bring it on. CHOOSE BOND!!! :D
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    rexfeatures_8155103k.jpg?crop=778px%2C98px%2C2304px%2C1545px&resize=446%2C299
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A totally lame and uninspired choice. Extremely disappointed.
    mattjoes wrote: »

This made me laugh.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    This is as expected. Hodge announced meant P&W are out. Thank goodness.

Now, Boyle just has to get that Universal film over and done with so he can get cracking on B25.
    Now the hope is that the Hodges script meets approval. I have to assume that all parties involved are on board with whatever idea Boyle had so I have hope. Looks like Boyale will be doing post production on his musical and pre production on Bond. It's a lot but it's doable
    It seems as though redditer cashleypersia's most recent ruminations were on point.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    mattjoes wrote: »

They've just each been slapped in the face with a wet lettuce!
    I'm more glad to have new blood writing the screenplay than to have Boyle directing, but I'm fine with him as a choice. That said, I hope this script works out. Eon is in a tight spot if not.
    One of them looks like Madelynn Swann. Gender swapped and aged, of course.
    So... Bond 25 will almost definitely be standalone then, if all this is true, right?
    P&W probably developed a concept or outline & babs used that as a base starter for hodge & Boyle. If Boyle is helming expect a smaller budget & fewer a list stars. Waltz & Madeline are likely out. Craig is getting a standalone send off.
    Surely I'm not the only one who thinks Boyle's films are completely ill-suited for Bond?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Surely I'm not the only one who thinks Boyle's films are completely ill-suited for Bond?
    I wondered if you were joking earlier. I haven't seen any of his films so can't comment. He does seem like a left field choice, but then again so was Mendes. It does suggest something new is in the works conceptually.