Tom Hardy wants to be next Bond with Nolan directing

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Going for that black Bond debate again, are we?

Calm down Dimi..... it's not a big deal that someone wants a black Bond...... ;))

Well actually's not. As u guys know me, i'd really want one. The pity is that there aren't so many known Or Great black actors that fits at Bond's style.
    Hardy's lips are so not Bond. Sorry but Hardy doesn't look a thing like Bond... too rugged, more so than Craig. And he's small.
    On the one hand, those are exactly my thoughts, too.
    On the other hand, Hardy is such a brilliant actor, I would love to see him as James Bond.
    I´d much rather have a smashing actor for Bond than someone who looks the part but doesn´t carry it, as we more or less had in the not so far past.

I like that 1875 Bond idea. Or better still Hardy for Flashman.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Nolan directing? Would be great but I don't see it hapening.
    Hardy as Bond? No, and if he ever had any chances they were just blown away.

I have to add that that is the grossest beard I have ever seen!!! If he's trying to be cast as one the dwarfs in The Hobbit someone should tell him that it's too late :-B
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Tom Hardy - I like him as an actor, but I cannot see him as Bond; no, sorry.
    But Nolan directing I would love!
    Am I the only one who thinks that Nolan although a good director wouldn't be the right choice for the franchise.If Inception is the closest he can get to portraying a bond type scenario than I think we can do better.Check Guy Ritchie for Sherlock Holmes 2 or Mathew Vaughan for Layer cake.As for Tom Hardy less said.
    I think Nolan would not bring the desired panache to the character and the tongue-in-cheek element as well as the slickness of the kill.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2012 Posts: 12,459
    agentHHH wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks that Nolan although a good director wouldn't be the right choice for the franchise.If Inception is the closest he can get to portraying a bond type scenario than I think we can do better.Check Guy Ritchie for Sherlock Holmes 2 or Mathew Vaughan for Layer cake.As for Tom Hardy less said.
    I think Nolan would not bring the desired panache to the character and the tongue-in-cheek element as well as the slickness of the kill.

I politely disagree. But I know it is just that our take on Nolan is different. I like Ritchie but you never forget for a moment that you are being directed ... by Guy Ritchie. His style is intrusive, although fun. Mathew Vaughan I would really consider (I loved Layer Cake). I think Nolan can bring the tongue-in-cheek and slickness and style to Bond; just my personal impression. Inception, so beautifully filmed and directed, was serious and mysterious in a way Bond would not be, but I think Nolan is up to it. I know others disagree, and that's okay.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Calm down Dimi..... it's not a big deal that someone wants a black Bond...... ;))

Well actually's not. As u guys know me, i'd really want one. The pity is that there aren't so many known Or Great black actors that fits at Bond's style.

I'm not against the idea of a black british actor for Bond. I think Adrian Lester would make a much better Bond that a great number of white actors. Just look at him in Hustle: charming, intelligent, charasmatic, stylish and he's able to project just the right ammount of an ego without making the character insufferable.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    A Simple word for Hardy: NO!

Wow, that's a bit harsh.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837
    DarthDimi wrote:

I've said lots of times why I'd be ok with a black bond so I'm not gonna go into that now. But as for elbra, its not really that he's black, just that he's a good actor. When I watch luther I can really picture him as bond. Hardy would be good, but I think elbra is a better choice.
    boldfinger wrote:
    Hardy's lips are so not Bond. Sorry but Hardy doesn't look a thing like Bond... too rugged, more so than Craig. And he's small.
    On the one hand, those are exactly my thoughts, too.
    On the other hand, Hardy is such a brilliant actor, I would love to see him as James Bond.
    I´d much rather have a smashing actor for Bond than someone who looks the part but doesn´t carry it, as we more or less had in the not so far past.

i think that is spot on...

remember only a few years ago when we finally ditched broz and the uproar over dan.. we were shown that acting chops and physicality go MUCH further than black hair and a skinny 6'2"

remember also that physicality is likely to be important to Mike G and Babs - apart from dan - we have stacked guys playing - thor, captain america, batman, superman - plus jason statham et al

big muscles are def *IN*

ps - only 1' shorter than dan at 5'10"

and still 3 inches taller than tom cruise!
  • RC7RC7
    I like Ritchie but you never forget for a moment that you are being directed ... by Guy Ritchie. His style is intrusive, although fun.

Great point made by someone who clearly understands what they're talking about. I completely agree with this and it's a clear reason he'd never be considered. A couple of decades ago Directors such as this were known as Auteurs, now you just have to be a film maker with a distinctive visual style to inherit this moniker. Either way you'll never get the Bond gig. Nolan is too big for Bond.

Remember, no one is bigger than Bond.
    all bets were off as soon as brosnan was binned

look at the casting of dan, look at sam mendes... ben winshaw as Q...

the producers seem to really have cast aside the "spectre" (ho ho) of the steady decline of bond after the 60's - safe directors, safe acting choices

it's a brave new world - and no one is too big for bond now IMO
  • RC7RC7
    Pussfella wrote:
    and no one is too big for bond now IMO

I'm not sure if this is a direct reference to my comment so if it's not I apologise.

My implication is that no actor, director, producer etc is bigger than 'Bond' the legend. My football club is Manchester United (I know there are supporters of other clubs here so expect some flack) and our ethos is that no one is bigger than the club. That's why the world's most famous footballer was sold in 2003. I view the Bond franchise in much the same way.

Pussfella wrote:
    all bets were off as soon as brosnan was binned

look at the casting of dan, look at sam mendes... ben winshaw as Q...

the producers seem to really have cast aside the "spectre" (ho ho) of the steady decline of bond after the 60's - safe directors, safe acting choices

it's a brave new world - and no one is too big for bond now IMO

If only they'd discovered Christoph Waltz before Tarantino.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

If only they'd discovered Christoph Waltz before Tarantino.

They should absolutely be doing this.

• tqbtqb
    tomhardybond.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    tqb wrote:
    tomhardybond.jpg

Great actor. Not Bond.

• TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Nolan is practically in the top of my list for director, hopefully he'll get the gig in the not too far distant future. [-O<

I wouldn't mind Hardy in a Bond movie but I have some mixed feelings on the idea of him as Bond.

As several here have mentioned he's a bit too rugged and short, much like DC (albeit, in a way, with a pinch more suave'ness and scope than DC, IMHO), and once Craig is done I would preffer a different kind of actor with a different kind of portrayal for the role (but not necessarily a black one though!).
    RC7 wrote:
    tqb wrote:
    tomhardybond.jpg

Great actor. Not Bond.

Great actor. Perfect Bond.
    In Inception he played the Bond type of character and really looked the part. I will give Craig 1or2 more Bond movies but after that I will love Tom taking over as Bond.
    WVPoef wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    tqb wrote:
    tomhardybond.jpg

Great actor. Not Bond.

Great actor. Perfect Bond.
    In Inception he played the Bond type of character and really looked the part. I will give Craig 1or2 more Bond movies but after that I will love Tom taking over as Bond.

I agree. I can see Hardy being Bond. He's an amazing actor. I think, when the time arrives (I'm betting Craig will step down after Bond 24 in 2014), it will come down to Fassbender or Hardy.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    ColonelSun wrote:
    I'm betting Craig will step down after Bond 24 in 2014

What makes you think that? If anything I'd say the opposite is true - he's young enough to keep on going. Know something we don't...
    Yes. Hardy.
    Not seeing it...but who knows...
    Germanlady wrote:
    Not seeing it...but who knows...

Not seeing it either and please do not make that happen.

I think Michael Fassbender is a good choice for the next Bond when DC steps down.

Incidentally...he's 6ft (1.83), just for the height debaters....
    ohmss40 wrote:
    I think Michael Fassbender is a good choice for the next Bond when DC steps down.

Incidentally...he's 6ft (1.83), just for the height debaters....

And he looks like he can beat you up and has some of that cold arrogance that 007 could use. I am quite sure he can handle humor better than the current actor. IMHO

• RC7RC7
    WVPoef wrote:
    he played the Bond type of character and really looked the part.

I didn't think he was anything like Bond.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690
    RC7 wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:
    he played the Bond type of character and really looked the part.

I didn't think he was anything like Bond.

Hardy acted totally Bond in Inception.... he just didn't look like Bond at all.
This discussion has been closed.