The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

This title song however is one of the absolute best. Love it. Barry’s score is also top-notch in this film.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The Brosnan era is terrific and far more consistent with its own tone than the latter part of the Craig era... well, his last three anyway.
    For a little while, a few years ago, AVTAK sat at the very bottom of my ranking. It has climbed a few spots since. Zorin definitely plays a big part in that; a terrific villain.
    “You amuse me Mr. Bond!”

“It’s not mutual.”

I love the relationship between Bond and Zorin. It’s great.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    “You amuse me Mr. Bond!”

“It’s not mutual.”

I love the relationship between Bond and Zorin. It’s great.

I'm happiest...INTHESADDLE!
    That cat’s entrance makes me jump almost every time at Stacy’s house.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Robert Brown is nothing less than outstanding in the scene at The Hemingway House (and I've been there, but I didn't go inside). His best moment as M and my favorite scene in the film.

Agreed. Love it - I remember that being a big deal when it was released. The idea that Bond had finally thrown it in and was going out for revenge was fresh. (Even though there was a brief 'resignation' and going rogue in OHMSS)
    edited January 2018 Posts: 2,721
    I think she's decent in the scenes when she's dealing with anger - the knifepoint or a couple of times with Franz. It's the romantic subplot that's kind of forced on her where she crumbles - the seduction scene with TD isn't convincing and her 'I love him so much' is cringey (although Pam's angry mocking of her afterwards is a highlight for Lowell)
    Great sequence! Kamen steps up here (leaning on the Bond theme obviously) - but I think LTK has a really strong series of events from Felix getting fed to the sharks onwards with only two blips - the bar fight scene and the 'ninja' scene.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Wayne Newton.

The highlight of the film.
    Bond hanging onto the seaplane in LTK is one of the most exciting stunts in the franchise. I find it to be far hairier and nail biting than the similar bit in OP.

Brilliant set piece. It would have made an excellent PTS! The moment he finally grabs the base ot the seaplane is terrific!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Bond hanging onto the seaplane in LTK is one of the most exciting stunts in the franchise. I find it to be far hairier and nail biting than the similar bit in OP.

Brilliant set piece. It would have made an excellent PTS! The moment he finally grabs the base ot the seaplane is terrific!
    Agreed. Superb scene and beautifully lensed and scored. I always look forward to it when I view the film. Dalton showcases his Rolex Submariner 16610 (brand new at the time) throughout, which is an added bonus for me.
    bondjames wrote: »

Agreed. Superb scene and beautifully lensed and scored. I always look forward to it when I view the film. Dalton showcases his Rolex Submariner 16610 (brand new at the time) throughout, which is an added bonus for me.

DaltonBond's massive grin when he realises he has Sanchez's drug money is brilliant.

And I'd cut the time with the truck chase in half.

Sorry cant agree with you there. Its a really well thought out and constructed set piece.
    Unlike say the boat chase in TWINE or the motorcycle chase in TND which just go on and on to the point of sheer boredom!
    Highlight for me is when Bond brings the truck crashing down on the jeep! Great moment!
    And I'd cut the time with the truck chase in half.

Sorry cant agree with you there. Its a really well thought out and constructed set piece.
    Unlike say the boat chase in TWINE or the motorcycle chase in TND which just go on and on to the point of sheer boredom!
    Highlight for me is when Bond brings the truck crashing down on the jeep! Great moment!

Agreed..the tanker chase is one of the best in the entire series,brilliant from start to finish,with a great score and Bond music as well,which adds to the atmosphere.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    LTK is one of my top three Bond films.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    LTK is one of my top three Bond films.

My condolences :p
    Definitely top three!
    It's #9 at the moment for me..one place below OP and one above TSWLM.
    Honestly After the top 3 or 5 I can't place them in any order, and I love them for all different reasons.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    LTK is number 9 in my most recent ranking, I rate the movie highly it's a fantastic looking film.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 12,306
    Glad to see the LTK love here. It’s one of the most unique and great entries.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Glad to see the LTK love here. It’s one of the most unique and great entries.

I saw it at the cinema back in the day, it certainly was unexpected for me on first viewing, it's a film that has improved greatly over time.
    Saw it in the cinema too in a blistering hot summer in 1989! Loved it then....Love it now!
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 11,189
    its a good film but it does have a bit of an American action film vibe to it - a trend that has never completely left the series.

Used to like LTK more, but now its firmly mid table.
    Saw it in the cinema too in a blistering hot summer in 1989! Loved it then....Love it now!

It's took me a while to fully appreciate it, in my early teens I was not a huge fan of the eighties Bond movies despite watching all but FYEO at the cinema, that changed of course.

It's took me a while to fully appreciate it, in my early teens I was not a huge fan of the eighties Bond movies despite watching all but FYEO at the cinema, that changed of course.

i was the opposite. Really liked it as a teenager but something changed after watching it a few years ago alongside OHMSS. It feels tatty in comparison
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    BAIN123 wrote: »

i was the opposite. Really liked it as a teenager but something changed after watching it a few years ago alongside OHMSS. It feels tatty in comparison
    I agree, but I was the opposite. Disliked it immensely when younger on account of the cheap, cheesy feel and now love it.

It's a very different kind of film. It doesn't benefit from the traditional 'larger than life feel' of Bond film, unlike OHMSS. Rather, it's a killer film on account of the richness of the performances and its visceral nature.
    bondjames wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »

I agree, but I was the opposite. Disliked it immensely when younger on account of the cheap, cheesy feel and now love it.

It's a very different kind of film. It doesn't benefit from the traditional 'larger than life feel' of Bond film, unlike OHMSS. Rather, it's a killer film on account of the richness of the performances and its visceral nature.

but the thing is not ALL the performances are that good. Davi, Del Toro and Zerebe are all excellent but the ladies are all pretty bad. Dalton too is quite hit and miss in the film. You can sense him trying very hard to come off as edgy in some scenes.
    Disliked it a lot on first seeing, but with rereading the books. I came to appreciate it more. The same with QOS.