The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

One part I’m not crazy about is the underwater sequence. Not terrible, but it does mess with the pacing a little I feel like.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    One part I’m not crazy about is the underwater sequence. Not terrible, but it does mess with the pacing a little I feel like.

That'd be one of the weaker moments for me, too, alongside the hockey fight. Score doesn't help particular scenes, either, but other times it does, much like Serra's work in GE.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hockey fight is much worse. The only bit I hate.
    To be clear, I do like the next underwater part with Kristatos trying to keelhaul them. Better. Also, the climax and finale of this film is pretty good.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,467
    Continuing my reverse Bondathon, up next is Skyfall though my Xbox One X does not like the disk, the feeling is mutual ;))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Love the 50th Anniversary trailer that plays immediately on this disk of SF it's awesome
    ... And then Die Hard 5 trailer after, the trailer looks better than the film. Right fast forward...

The first shot of the film is ruined as it's the first thing you see on the disk menu
    Now the first shot of Bond obscured in shadow in the hallway I have always seen as an allusion to the gun barrell sequence.
    I like this opening and the Russian doll concept that Mendes creates here
    Finished FYEO. Great watch like usual. Dreading MR next; hopefully that will go better than usual.
    No wonder Bond goes rogue with MI6 carrying on the way they do in the PTS, does Moneypenny have a side arm? She could have taken Patrice down numerous times when she was driving along side the train and Patrice was stood on top of the carriage.

Ultimately I already remember why this film irritates me already, SF is littered with bad character decision making.
    SF takes itself way too seriously, I am bored
    Me,too. And I am not watching.
    Retirement planning? M should be fired she is incompetent

Killed!

Killed!

Switching it off I have the night of work I don't want to feel depressed by watching SF lol

Killed!

Switching it off I have the night of work I don't want to feel depressed by watching SF lol

Smart man. You'll get enough depression from work anyway, no bother worsening it with SF beforehand!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Killed!

Smart man. You'll get enough depression from work anyway, no bother worsening it with SF beforehand!

Admittedly I am tired and I know people like SF though I find it a chore to watch.

Killed!

Admittedly I am tired and I know people like SF though I find it a chore to watch.

As do I. I've managed to look upon it a little more favorably since 2012, ever so slightly, but still nowhere near the level of wanting to consciously rewatch it. I'm pretty sure the only time I'll sit through this one and SP is during a Bondathon; wouldn't feel right not to include them.

Killed!

As do I. I've managed to look upon it a little more favorably since 2012, ever so slightly, but still nowhere near the level of wanting to consciously rewatch it. I'm pretty sure the only time I'll sit through this one and SP is during a Bondathon; wouldn't feel right not to include them.

It's part of a Bondathon I'll watch the rest when I am doing laundry lol I just don't find it entertaining or fun.
    You're not alone. Have really tried to like it but its such a downner of a film that its a real struggle! Good scenes and pts but as you say, just not entertaining!
    I love SF.

Meanwhile, starting MR. I’m going for a triple feature today; hopefully it works out.
    Good PTS, terrific title song. Unfortunately, it’s downhill from here. There are a few parts I remember liking though.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    You're not alone. Have really tried to like it but its such a downner of a film that its a real struggle! Good scenes and pts but as you say, just not entertaining!

The PTS definitely the best part of the film, the Shanghai sequence is short though good also.
    Drax isn’t too bad of a villain. I really don’t care for Goodhead or Corinne though; they’re dull. The centrifuge scene here is a highlight.
    Why would Corinne describe herself as "a humble pilot in the service of the Drax co-operation"? #lazyexposition.
    They’re just not very interesting characters I’m afraid. This film reminds me of a classic, older version of DAD in how they are the most over the top and get progressively worse as they go along. That being said, I think MR has more highlights. I think it will escape the very bottom this time.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    You guys know no joy! :))
    @ClarkDevlin maybe so, but not loving MR has nothing to do with that :P

“You missed, Mr. Bond?”

“Did I?”

Probably my favorite Moore Bond moment from this one.
    I except MR for what it is great sets, great locations, bizarre, daft and pure escapism.