The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    FoxRox wrote: »
    @ClarkDevlin maybe so, but not loving MR has nothing to do with that :P

“You missed, Mr. Bond?”

“Did I?”

Probably my favorite Moore Bond moment from this one.
    Agreed, I love that bit quite a lot. And those Drax Estate setpieces are brilliant, in my opinion, as they evoke those early Connery films. Even Moore's suit was something Connery would've worn.

"As you said, such a good sport." Definitely one of his most Bondian moments.
    I do like the Drax Estate, yes.

I’m now at the Venice chase. First scene I specifically don’t like, mainly thanks to the silly stuff (coffin henchman, double take pigeon). I don’t mind some cheese in my Bond films, but some of the stuff is just cringey. Especially when Jaws falls in love.
    Close encounters of the third kind reference... I actually like that.
    I will say this has been one of my better viewings of MR. It all falls apart in the third act though. Most of it is pretty good up through Corinne’s death. Starts to get a little uneven after that.
    “You know him?”

“Not socially.”

I do love this scene. Probably my favorite scene for the rest of the movie... because soon Jaws falls the in love.
    I'm at TND party stage,even with my girlfriend still awake and on her laptop..!!
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 2,005
    Bond in Space isn't for everyone.

For me it is though, the whole last third of the film is just fantastical and fantasy filled action spectacle with great humor mixed into it.

If there's anything that is a bit overdone it's the Venice section. But even there it works because it's Venice, I guess.

You only blink twice moment doesn't bother me, the drive across the big place is a bit silly but why let it bother you. It's a mere 30 seconds I think.

Time for some Bond.

LICENCE TO KILL
    Gunbarrel! I remember in the cinema , the trailer preceding LTK was oddly, ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN. Then it immediately went to the US logo/gunbarrel.
    We have a mid course deviation.............
    Mickey G!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bond and Felix chillin' out with Sharkey in the back seat.
    Sharkey gets left behind. Poor Sharkey,

This next bit is very Cannon Films 1980's era.

Sanchez whipping Lupe.
    Della's dad looks like he wouldn't be very approving of Della marrying anybody.
    Slow motion bit is dated. I remember the gun shots in the cinema being very loud, though.

Joel Siegel interviewed Dalton on the set of these shots discussing the stunt-work in the Bonds. Tim remained evasive not answering all the details.
    Underrated PTS, IMO.
    Della's dad really does look like an a-hole actually. Though I think Roger's Bond could have charmed him.
    Controversial opinion: I like these titles quite a bit.
    In fact, I'm finding Kleinman a bit overrated for GE's updated title sequence.
    Bond and Felix's morning suits pale in comparison to Bond, M, Q and Tibbett's in AVATK.
    I think the thing about David Hedison's Felix is that he is immediately likable.
    My favorite Leiter in the series.
    'Wedding Party" plays while Bond dances with some unnamed Bond beauty. I think he should ask Felix to request that the band play "Jamaica Jump Up" instead. Then I think he should make some funny faces while he dances like the guy in the left corner of the screen in DR NO.
    Back in 1990/ 91, I must have watched the CBS/FOX VHS edition of this every week while awaiting news of the 3rd Dalton Bond 17.
    I like Anthony Zerbe. Perfectly cast. He's also great in the Robert Mitchum neo-noir FAREWELL MY LOVELY.
    LTK gets a lot of flack for it's clothes. Krest's white windbreaker jacket is particularly appalling.
    However, Sanchez remains smartly dresses in gray trousers and a black dress shirt.
    SEE YOU HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone's favorite laugh out loud moment:

DELLAAAAA!
    I think that moment would have had more impact if Bond hadn't said anything and remained silent.
    Bond arguing with Grand L Bush in the hospital. These moments play like a Charles Bronson Death Wish film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »

DELLAAAAA!

I don't think that I get the joke.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

DELLAAAAA!

I don't think that I get the joke.

On the "unintentionally funny" thread there was some discussion that that particular line delivery evoked laughter.

I personally don't think the line was necessary, and I've never really laughed at it, but I feel the music in that scene doesn't quite give the right mood.