No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    No news for Christmas. Hmm what a shock.
    I like SF.
    DV once again shooting down B25 talk - http://screencrush.com/denis-villeneuve-blade-runner-2049-interview/
    I want to ask you about Bond. You recently said your Dune movie is taking priority and you may not be able to do Bond 25 if that were to happen. Is it a matter of priorities and timing? And if you did have the time, what would your ideal Bond movie look like?

Listen, I would love to do a Bond movie. I think Daniel Craig is a fantastic actor and I would like to, but several months ago I came into do Dune and I engaged myself. I committed myself and I’m someone that doesn’t step back. I remember I committed to do Enemy, they came with Prisoners I said, “I need to do Enemy first,” and I had to break to bend the schedule. I did the same with Arrival and Blade Runner. I did Blade Runner, one of my conditions was that I would have time to do Arrival first. Once I commit, I commit. When Legendary offered me to do Dune, on a silver plate? Which was like my dream project that I’m dreaming to do for 30 years? I said yes right away. I want to honor that. It doesn’t mean the movie will happen, maybe in six months the movie will – and Bond is an old fantasy of mine, but I can’t be in two places at the same time. It’s a strange year because I would love to do a James Bond. I need to focus.
    Maybe Bond 26.

I would love to. I said to Barbara [Broccoli], I would love to work with you and with Daniel, but I’m engaged. [Laughs] I will love to do it, honestly. I’m a spoiled filmmaker right now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks for this. It's as expected based on what I could glean from his prior comments. Unless something changes on schedules, he's out for B25.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 3,164
    bondjames wrote: »
    Thanks for this. It's as expected based on what I could glean from his prior comments. Unless something changes on schedules, he's out for B25.

On the other hand - how do we know they aren't getting DV to do the same dog and pony show as Craig? The thing I'm hearing from a number of people who still believe DV is in play is that Dune would take so long to prepare - the world-building commitment is massive. Concept art, costume design, previz and more...plus there isn't a date they're working towards yet, it's all such early stages. DV managed to squeeze in Arrival when preparing BR2049, he can easily do the same with Bond.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    antovolk wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

On the other hand - how do we know they aren't getting DV to do the same dog and pony show as Craig? The thing I'm hearing from a number of people who still believe DV is in play is that Dune would take so long to prepare - the world-building commitment is massive. Concept art, costume design, previz and more...plus there isn't a date they're working towards yet, it's all such early stages. DV managed to squeeze in Arrival when preparing BR2049, he can easily do the same with Bond.
    Of course, but the difference with Craig is that he wasn't so explicit. Villeneuve has been rather consistent and quite clear for some time now. His credibility would be shot if something doesn't change either with Dune or B25 (I think there is still a possibility that the release date will move, but in which direction I'm not sure). Moreover, he's said that he really would have to think about Bond because of the preset expectations. His entire reputation would be on the line if he were to take it on after Mendes' box office successes, and I think he knows it (which bodes well for when he eventually gets the job). He seems like a person who really gets into what he does and immerses himself.
    He is a very meticulate director and very reliable,hence he is so popular atm.
    EON pining for DV tells me the next one is going to have heavy drama & probably action lite.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    What do you think, a homage to the classic Thunderball's Jetpack scene in Bond 25 would work? Something like this...

What do you think, a homage to the classic Thunderball's Jetpack scene in Bond 25 would work? Something like this...

Magnificent. The drone and cinematography weren't bad either.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 5,767
    antovolk wrote: »
    DV once again shooting down B25 talk - http://screencrush.com/denis-villeneuve-blade-runner-2049-interview/
    I want to ask you about Bond. You recently said your Dune movie is taking priority and you may not be able to do Bond 25 if that were to happen. Is it a matter of priorities and timing? And if you did have the time, what would your ideal Bond movie look like?

Listen, I would love to do a Bond movie. I think Daniel Craig is a fantastic actor and I would like to, but several months ago I came into do Dune and I engaged myself. I committed myself and I’m someone that doesn’t step back. I remember I committed to do Enemy, they came with Prisoners I said, “I need to do Enemy first,” and I had to break to bend the schedule. I did the same with Arrival and Blade Runner. I did Blade Runner, one of my conditions was that I would have time to do Arrival first. Once I commit, I commit. When Legendary offered me to do Dune, on a silver plate? Which was like my dream project that I’m dreaming to do for 30 years? I said yes right away. I want to honor that. It doesn’t mean the movie will happen, maybe in six months the movie will – and Bond is an old fantasy of mine, but I can’t be in two places at the same time. It’s a strange year because I would love to do a James Bond. I need to focus.
    Maybe Bond 26.

I would love to. I said to Barbara [Broccoli], I would love to work with you and with Daniel, but I’m engaged. [Laughs] I will love to do it, honestly. I’m a spoiled filmmaker right now.
    I wouldn´t call that shooting down, as long as he leaves open the possibilty that Dune might not happen. So all Eon have to do now is sabotage Dune and hang on for a few more months, and they´ve got themselves a Villeneuve.

To fly that thing must be the most exhilarating thing! I´m shocked we haven´t seen anything like that in any film yet!

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Probably hogwash, but crazier rumors have been posted so:

https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace

Says two separate sources have "confirmed" Nolan will direct B25 and is already at work on it, with an announcement coming January/February of 2018. Of course, that timeline is pretty much what Barbara already alluded to in terms of finding a director, and Nolan rumors have been rampant for a while, so it's probably a combination of the two.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2017 Posts: 10,586
    I could be wrong, but I believe that was posted a few weeks ago. I wouldn't look into it either.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I believe that was posted a few weeks ago. I wouldn't look into it either.

It likely was - impossible to keep up with it, given that Nolan is rumored or "confirmed" a few times a month, it seems.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Several directors are confirmed.

Several actors have been confirmed to play Bond, as well, for B26 and beyond. Wonder who will get top billing!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This looks like another CR67.
    Hopefully we get some surprises next year. The predictability of this has me bored at present. Same names recycled over and over. Perhaps there's one we haven't considered and whose name hasn't leaked in the wings.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, are Burt Bacharach, Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass coming back for the next flick?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Creasy47 wrote: »

https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace

Says two separate sources have "confirmed" Nolan will direct B25 and is already at work on it, with an announcement coming January/February of 2018. Of course, that timeline is pretty much what Barbara already alluded to in terms of finding a director, and Nolan rumors have been rampant for a while, so it's probably a combination of the two.

Errr, thank you, @Creasy47. Check page 1216... ;)
    ggl007 wrote: »

Thankfully it only took us 1,255 pages for a rumor to be posted twice! Ohh, wait...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Thankfully it only took us 1,255 pages for a rumor to be posted twice! Ohh, wait...

Sorry. No offence intended.

Sorry. No offence intended.

None taken!
    @ggl007, I'm curious - is your fan club still of the opinion that Nolan is involved, or has any information come to your attention in the intervening period which could lead you to change your assessment?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    boldfinger wrote: »
    We have had Jinx and Hinx, perhaps we will get Lynx or Minx from P&W next
    Who says it´s the writers at all who decide the character names? I find it pretty pretentious how some people here claim they know exactly which bit from the script is by whom.

It was in jest which was blatantly obvious
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Several actors have been confirmed to play Bond, as well, for B26 and beyond. Wonder who will get top billing!

Don't forget several artists/bands are confirmed to do the title song.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 40,370
    Walecs wrote: »

Don't forget several artists/bands are confirmed to do the title song.

Screaming and singing and slamming on drums and guitars, louder and louder over one another. Should be good!

I'd honestly love another song akin to YKMN for B25.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 12,914
    Press reports say Kenneth Branagh wants to be BOND 25 villain.
    Published On: Fri, Dec 29th, 2017
    James Bond 25: Kenneth Branagh wants to be Daniel Craig’s final 007 villain
    https://buzzfixtoday.online/james-bond-25-kenneth-branagh-wants-to-be-daniel-craigs-final-007-villain/

Craig’s fifth and final James Bond movie is set to shoot in 2018, but not much is known about the 25th official 007 outing.

Now Murder on the Orient Express star Sir Ken has revealed he would love to play the Bond villain.

Speaking with The Mirror, the 57-year-old said: “I think as an actor that is always delicious to play.

“I am a connoisseur of those Bond villains. But is a hard one to do. I loved Javier Bardem in Skyfall. [Craig’s villains were] almost Shakespearean.”

Sir Ken added: “That franchise has been great at responding to the way that audiences want to receive the material.

“That is not trying to be a cartoon – they want to have as much complication as possible.”

The last British actor to play a Bond villain was Toby Stephens as Gustav Graves in 2002’s Die Another Day.

However rumours suggest Christoph Waltz’s Blofeld will return after Spectre, something the star denies.

Waltz told Italian channel Talky Movie: “No, I’m sorry. I’m really sad, but that’s the tradition, that there is a new (actor)… Sorry. I would’ve liked to.”

James Bond 25 will be released in UK cinemas in November 2019.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Yeah well, Kenneth, I want a lot of things, too. But, we can't win them all, now, can we? Maybe some miracle happens and Babs selects me as Craig's successor out of the blue. Haha!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,548
    Villeneuve is certainly giving a lot of non-denial denials right now. He is stopping short of saying, "No, I'm not doing it."