Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Cheggars.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Who could forget Naked Jungle?

He certainly leaves behind a small body of work.

But one of life's good guys Cheggers. Is legend a bit strong? Well bollocks to it if I'm not going to use it today when am I?

Total legend and actually a very underrated actor. Gervais himself said he was one of the most comically gifted people he's worked with.

'The BBC still run by your queers and Jews?'
    'Pop knob in fanny. Not up the arse.'

Just tosses them off brilliantly.

The Christmas special of the otherwise mediocre Life is Short is worth the admission price alone for Keith, Les Dennis and Shaun 'Barry' Williamson.

RIP Cheggers.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I don't think I could say I was a fan, however growing up in the late 70's and into the 80's in the UK it would be impossible to say that you weren't aware of Keith Chegwin.
    He had an almost infectious energy and likable presence.
    His turn on Extra's being one of the many highlights of the show.

RIP Cheggers.
    RIP Keith Chegwin.

Another memorable person from my childhood growing up. 60 is no age nowadays. Thoughts to his friends and family.
    RIP Hammer Horror's SUZANNA LEIGH.
    Great in LUST FOR A VAMPIRE, and THE LOST CONTINENT.
    Also appeared on THE SAINT and in PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYLE.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »

She also had a small role in my honourary Bond film, Deadlier Than The Male.

RIP
    Golden Age comic book artist Fran Hopper, passed away, aged 95, on november 29th.

https://cbr.com/fran-hopper-marvel-comics-passed-away/

It's just been announced by CBR.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur

RIP

@MajorDSmythe Indeed. RIP Grace.

bdab8474d189803b61b8d8cd00286775.jpg

She also shined in the hilarious Tony Curtis/Jerry Lewis buddy comedy Boeing Boeing

d2522bea0bd4298ab7a3818ad6291484.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

RIP

She also shined in the hilarious Tony Curtis/Jerry Lewis buddy comedy Boeing Boeing

The casting for DTTM assembled a list of beautiful women that would make any Bond films envious. Elke Sommer, Sylva Koscina, Suzanna Leigh & Virginia North. I want to live in Drummond's world.
    You mean the world of the movies, right ? Because the novels...

RIP

The casting for DTTM assembled a list of beautiful women that would make any Bond films envious. Elke Sommer, Sylva Koscina, Suzanna Leigh & Virginia North. I want to live in Drummond's world.

Deadlier Than The Male is one of the great Bond inspired spyfy gems of the genre.
    I've watched it more than a few times. Fits well with the Flint and Helm collections.
    RIP Bob Givens, the designer of Bugs Bunny, among other things, who passed away on december 14th, aged 99. Quite an impressive body of work :

animationmagazine.net/people/bugs-bunny-designer-bob-givens-dies-at-99/

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    RIP. Thank you for the great memories, Mr. Givens.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2017 Posts: 13,882
    Gerard wrote: »
    You mean the world of the movies, right ? Because the novels...

Yes, the films. I haven't read the novels, but I understand that they are quite different to the films (at least the 60's films, which were heavily influenced by Bond).
    timmer wrote: »
    Deadlier Than The Male is one of the great Bond inspired spyfy gems of the genre.
    I've watched it more than a few times. Fits well with the Flint and Helm collections.

I don't remember the Flint films (I have a double pack on them on DVD, but haven't watched them for years). The Helm films are more parodies. I think DTTM is more in line with early Bond, somewhere between FRWL and GF, maybe leaning a little more towards FRWL.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,686
    It seems that Albert Moses, who portrayed Saddrudin in Octopussy and also appeared in The Spy Who Loved Me, has passed away on September 15th at the age of 79.

http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2017/12/10/features/albert-moses-end-‘-thousand-apologies…’
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It seems that Albert Moses, who portrayed Saddrudin in Octopussy and also appeared in The Spy Who Loved Me, has passed away on September 15th at the age of 79.

http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2017/12/10/features/albert-moses-end-‘-thousand-apologies…’

Sad news. Always liked his two appearances in the Bond films.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Always loved him in the series, it's always a sad day when a member of the Bond family passes away. RIP Mr. Moses and thanks for all the entertainment.
  • Turner Classic Movies, the US movie channel, has come out with its 2017 edition of TCM Remembers.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Very nice. So many familiar friends.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Nice montage. Strange though to include Debbie Reynolds but not her daughter Carrie Fisher.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That is quite an omission, @Tokoloshe.

More minor, I would have added Tom Petty for his film soundtrack (She's the One) and cameo (The Postman).
    Plus his hit songs used in films of port (The Silence of the Lambs).
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    It makes me wonder if there's a specific criterion for inclusion relating to age or cinematic era, or something. Don't know anything about TCM.
    That is quite an omission, @Tokoloshe.

More minor, I would have added Tom Petty for his film soundtrack (She's the One) and cameo (The Postman).
    Plus his hit songs used in films of port (The Silence of the Lambs).

I would have added him too.
  • Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Nice montage. Strange though to include Debbie Reynolds but not her daughter Carrie Fisher.

TCM, very late in 2016, re-edited its 2016 TCM Remembers to include Debbie Reynolds. An early 2016 version did include Carrie Fisher.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 2,115
    Here's the 2016 TCM Remembers. This version did not include either Carrie Fisher nor Debbie Reynolds (nor Zsa Zsa Gabor). But all three were edited in before the end of 2016 on TCM.

• Dominic Frontiere, prolific television composer, dies at 86

http://bit.ly/2BJ2HSg
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited December 2017 Posts: 6,757
    Remembering George Michael, who passed away on this day one year ago.

Still one of my favourite songs, among many other songs of his.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Wow ! Is it a year already ..... RIP George.
    I'm quite sure most of us will be thinking a bit of Roger today.