Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That does strike a chord, sad to hear. Dolores O'Riordan lives on through song.
    Frack! That was really unexpected!

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Dolores O’Riordan - very sad news.

More sad news is that former footballer Cyrille Regis has also passed away aged 59. A super player back in the day. RIP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/42688106
    Shocked another one dies at such a young age.

RIP Dolores.
    And another great musician has passed away

https://nytimes.com/2018/01/15/obituaries/edwin-hawkins-dead-gospel-singer.html

I won't say it's a happy day.
    RIP Cyril Regis.

A great footballer. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
  • Joseph Gantman, producer of the first two seasons of Mission: Impossible (television series), died at 95 on Dec. 26.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/15/joseph-gantman-early-mi-producer-dies/
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Peter Wyngarde passed away, aged 90.

Such a shame I never got to meet the man as I loved him as an actor. He was the main inspiration for the antagonist of my novel series. It really saddens me that we're losing some of the greatest people who formed the pop culture for us.

Rest in peace, Mr. Wyngarde.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Loved him as Jason King. Recently rewatched the old series of Dept S and Jason King. He also appeared in Atomic Blonde.
    RIP Peter Wyngarde.
    He did? I can't remember seeing him in Atomic Blonde...
    Wow I didn't know he died !!

RIP Peter...another 60's hero gone..2018 looks to be heading the same way as 2017 atm !!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I haven't seen Atomic Blonde, but I don't think he was in it. He retired in the early/mid 1990's, I believe.

I haven't seen either Department S or Jason King, but i'm aware of the cult status of both.

RIP
    My mistake guys. I've checked and he wasn't in Atomic Blonde, One actor sounded so like him, I jumped to a conclusion.
    Could it be James Faulkner you were referring to, @Thunderpussy?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 13,384
    Yes. I think he was C but I was so sure the voice sounded so close.
    I remember as a young kid. Making a paper
    Moustache to pretend to be Jason King !
    Interesting titbit, he was half-French (born in Marseille), and was even a nephew of legendary French actor Louis Jouvet. And comic book fans know that he was the inspiration for the character of Jason Wyngarde in Uncanny X-Men. Rest in peace, Mr. Jason King.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Loved him as Jason King. Recently rewatched the old series of Dept S and Jason King. He also appeared in Atomic Blonde.
    RIP Peter Wyngarde.

Sad to hear of his death. I bought the Jason King boxset in 2016 but I still need to get around to seeing it. I enjoyed his role in The Saint in 'The Man who Liked Lions'.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I love these Jason King quotes on his WIKI page :

Jason King, ordering breakfast in a cafe: "A bit too early for coffee; I'll have a Scotch".

After being held at gunpoint and given a plane ticket with orders to leave the country, Jason replies: "Thank you for your concern, but I never fly economy".

Nadine: "Jason, you drink too much". Jason (treating it as a compliment): "Thank you".

To INTERPOL agent requesting King meet a superior: "I'm only allowed in England for 36 hours as it is, but on your salary you wouldn't have quite the same tax problems."
    Gerard wrote: »
    Interesting titbit, he was half-French (born in Marseille), and was even a nephew of legendary French actor Louis Jouvet. And comic book fans know that he was the inspiration for the character of Jason Wyngarde in Uncanny X-Men. Rest in peace, Mr. Jason King.
    Indeed. A character based on The Honourable John Cleverly Cartney, the leader of the Hellfire Club. Jason Wyngarde also headed a variation of the Hellfire Club.

The same character inspired my antagonist too, albeit as he was in The Avengers episode rather than giving him a Jason King mustache.
    RIP DOROTHY MALONE.

Great in many movies and television. One of my favorite of her roles was the bookstore clerk who flirts with Bogie in THE BIG SLEEP.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    RIP DOROTHY MALONE.

Great in many movies and television. One of my favorite of her roles was the bookstore clerk who flirts with Bogie in THE BIG SLEEP.

Dorothy was very sexy in The Big Sleep love that film, I don't recall seeing her in anything else I'll check her Imdb. R.I.P.
    RIP DOROTHY MALONE.

Dorothy was very sexy in The Big Sleep love that film, I don't recall seeing her in anything else I'll check her Imdb. R.I.P.

Also in the MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES Lon Chaney bio pic with James Cagney.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RIP DOROTHY MALONE.

Also in the MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES Lon Chaney bio pic with James Cagney.

I recognise her looking at later photo's she has appeared in alot of things I have watched, I guess she never got the bigger roles.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RIP DOROTHY MALONE.

Ah, man, one of my favorite parts of that film. Malone was a great example of the women of old, capable of being playful without being patronizing and sexy without leaving nothing to the imagination. Not many left from that amazing age of filmmaking now, unfortunately.
  • A sort-of Bond connection for Dorothy Malone. She was the presenter on the 1966 Oscars when John Stears won for best visual effects. Producer Ivan Tors picked up the Oscar for Stears.

Beautiful energy from Dorothy Malone. A nice post, @AlexanderWaverly.

And talk about visual effects!
    The "Pope of french cuisine", Paul Bocuse has passed away aged 91 :

https://nytimes.com/2018/01/20/obituaries/paul-bocuse-dead.html
  • Beautiful energy from Dorothy Malone. A nice post, @AlexanderWaverly.

And talk about visual effects!

Shows you how things have changed. That year there were only two movies nominated for best visual effects (both released by United Artists). The brass at UA were ensured of getting at least one Oscar that night.
    (I should have been more clear--I was referring to Ms. Malone as a visual effect on her own.)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    (I should have been more clear--I was referring to Ms. Malone as a visual effect on her own.)
    I caught your meaning. ;)