The Orville (Fox TV, 2017- Present)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    For me, it's simply a great show that puts a big smile on my face. A fantastic balance between the drama and humour.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @chrisisall, You're right. Captain Mercer as well as the other characters are developing nicely. I really like and care for all of them. I'd love to hang out with them if I were on that ship. Gordon needs a bit more developing but I like him.

@Thunderpussy, your thoughts mirror my own. I always grin from ear to ear when a new episode starts and the heroic fanfair of the main theme plays. I can't get enough.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2017 Posts: 17,687
    [quote="Murdock;820113" Gordon needs a bit more developing but I like him.
    [/quote]

I *think* Gordon will be a constant in this series. He my be heroic at moments possibly, but he's there to make it real for the arrested adolescent crowd. Heh heh...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned but
    For any UK fans of The Orville, it's now on Fox tv
    Wonderful news. :D
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Finally watched the first episode instantly loved it, great dynamic between Mcfarlane and Palacki I will definitely buy this when released.
    Splendid! Welcome to the club! :-bd
    Finally watched the first episode instantly loved it, great dynamic between Mcfarlane and Palacki I will definitely buy this when released.

It only gets better. ;)
    chrisisall wrote: »

It only gets better. ;)

Much better. :-bd
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I suspect the budget may increase beyond the pilot, though there is straight away an obvious understanding and appreciation on Trek in the writing it really was good... I'll try to watch episode 2 tomorrow.
    Oh yes, you'll see a lot of Trek esque elements in the later episodes.

The Orville prequel? ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    Oh yes, you'll see a lot of Trek esque elements in the later episodes.

The Orville prequel? ;)

Great stuff was that Generations music I here ;) they incorporated music cues and sound effects very well.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, wait until you see the later episodes of the Orville. The music gets very Goldsmithesque at times. :-bd
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, wait until you see the later episodes of the Orville. The music gets very Goldsmithesque at times. :-bd

I rewatched Nemesis yesterday mainly for the music during the space battle between the Semitar and the Enterprise and Romulan Warbirds lol Goldsmiths music was a highlight in that film.
    I rewatched Nemesis yesterday mainly for the music during the space battle between the Semitar and the Enterprise and Romulan Warbirds lol Goldsmiths music was a highlight in that film.

Agreed. Goldsmith always delivered when it came to trek. Star Trek V has my favorite Goldsmith score.

Agreed. Goldsmith always delivered when it came to trek. Star Trek V has my favorite Goldsmith score.

Love the Barrier theme I like the film it has some good ideas, just a shame ILM were not involved, the film suffers from average effects and production.

Love the Barrier theme I like the film it has some good ideas, just a shame ILM were not involved, the film suffers from average effects and production.

Me too! My favorite music is the Raid on Paradise City. I'm one of the few who really enjoys STV. It's highly underrated.

Me too! My favorite music is the Raid on Paradise City. I'm one of the few who really enjoys STV. It's highly underrated.

I had the Album on Cassette and now CD it's a short soundtrack I have never checked to see if there was a deluxe edition, the theme when they first land on Sha ka ree (Sean Connery :)).) is fantastic. Nichelle singing is probably my least favorite part of the score.

I had the Album on Cassette and now CD it's a short soundtrack I have never checked to see if there was a deluxe edition, the theme when they first land on Sha ka ree (Sean Connery :)).) is fantastic. Nichelle singing is probably my least favorite part of the score.

La La Land records released a newly expanded version a few years back. It's excellent. It also includes Uhura's singing. :D

La La Land records released a newly expanded version a few years back. It's excellent. It also includes Uhura's singing. :D

I'll have to have a look I have never bought from La La Land records, I only became familiar with them because of the expanded TND score.

I'll have to have a look I have never bought from La La Land records, I only became familiar with them because of the expanded TND score.

Oh you have to give them a look. They've expanded most of the Star Trek soundtracks as well as released a 15 CD release of all the music from TOS.

Oh you have to give them a look. They've expanded most of the Star Trek soundtracks as well as released a 15 CD release of all the music from TOS.

Wow I'll check there website I suspect the titles are exclusive to La La Land records only

Wow I'll check there website I suspect the titles are exclusive to La La Land records only

Yes they are. Hopefully they are still available.
    Second episode was daft though it works, they managed to cram quite a few different themes into this episode which I appreciate, it's a show where there is hardly a minute that passes when you don't laugh or smile.
    Second episode was daft though it works, they managed to cram quite a few different themes into this episode which I appreciate, it's a show where there is hardly a minute that passes when you don't laugh or smile.

Agreed, It was a nice homage to Star Trek's "The Cage" with a fresh new spin. :-bd
    It was not what sold me though... the third (or more accurately the preponderance of the three) did. From the on it was smooth sailing.
    I was sold from the very beginning. Though it wasn't hard after the bad taste that I was left with after watching another certain sci fi show. ;)
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,102
    Palacki sold me I'll watch anything she has appeared in ;))

latest?cb=20120419203930

That reminds me I have yet to watch my Bluray G.I.Joe boxset yet
    Great. Another movie I have to get.
    I made a wallpaper. :D
    Mmb2rRrh.jpg?1