The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Not sure they'd use some of the longer chapter titles that are frequently suggested, like "The Eye That Never Sleeps" for instance. Given its story, Spectre very easily could have been titled The Eye That Never Sleeps—what with the eye imagery in the title sequence and the Nine Eyes plot—and I'd have dug them calling it that, yet could you really see them marketing a Bond film in 2015 with that title?
    Yes, I could. It should have been that way, in my opinion.
  • A Bond title with a question mark would be ground-breaking.

How about if Spectre had been called 00 Program?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Some of the game titles would be great to use:

Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, Everything or Nothing, Blood Stone.
    Right on the money, @QBranch.

Although, Nightfire is way too connected to the story's plot, so I'd veto that. Besides, the entry is a near perfection so I wouldn't want the title taken away from it. The others are easy to be detached from their respective products however.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A Bond title with a question mark would be ground-breaking.

Or an exclamation mark or three.
    KILL BOND NOW!!!
  • shobairshobair London
    edited December 2017 Posts: 85
    Copperfield - Bond locks horns with magician David Copperfield over planet magnetism.

James Copperfield !
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 848
    I'm astonished with that I can read here. You know that it's makes no sense at all to give a film the title of of book if the intrigue of this film is no inspired to the intrigue of the book ? It's misleading as fuck, people will falsy believe that the film is an adaptation of the book (like certains of the old Bond film who are not adaptation desipe their titles)... It's not an "hommage" like some will say, but the inverse.

(btw long one world titles is not a good thing too, you can't abrege them for later discutions like FRWL).

(btw long one world titles is not a good thing too, you can't abrege them for later discutions like FRWL).

This is probably the producers biggest concern.
    I am sure with a decent writer at the helm, that three/four word title can certainly be achieved and be hailed as Fleming-esque or close. The producers aren't taking the risk. Just playing with interior trends and maintaining as safe as it gets.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The less words in the title the better, so EON's 'highly skilled artists' need put in as minimal effort as possible come poster design time.
  • I'm a fan of "Nobody Lives Forever" - sure, I doubt they'd use a random continuation title, but I do like the implications it gives, especially since we know this one will be Craig's last one going in.
    By Royal Command
  • NSGWNSGW London
    vzok wrote: »
    By Royal Command

I like that, never heard anyone suggest it before.
    The fifth Young Bond book?
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    QBranch wrote: »
    Thought I'd share a few titles I thought of back in the late 90s when I was attempting to write Bond stories:

1997: Peacekeeper - Based on the ICBM, which Bond has to stop the villain from activating.
    1997: Once and For All - The title would be uttered by the villain- "Kill 007, once and for all".
    1998: Never Say Die - I believe there are now several films using this title.

Do you have any of these written down anywhere? I'm a sucker for Brosnan-era fanfic.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'd be thrilled with any of the following:

RISICO
    THE PROPERTY OF A LADY
    THE HILDEBRAND RARITY
    007 IN NEW YORK
    COLONEL SUN
    PER FINE OUNCE
    EVERYTHING OR NOTHING
    MURDER ON WHEELS
    FOR SPECIAL SERVICES

I like "Per Fine Ounce".
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Spectre of Solace
    Though I want The Property of a Lady or Risico most, they will probably make another new title like SF and SP.
  • shobairshobair London
    Please say some new names . Shatterhand, The Property of a Lady or Risico never selected for bond 23 and bond 24 and this mean they never attend on it .
    Not to be mean but @Birdleson is right...

Wouldn’t surprise me if any of those are used for Bond 25. I hope it’s one of the last two.
    I don’t think they will just because of the recent pattern, but it is on the table all the time.
  • Once Upon a Spy
    Electric Vindaloo
    SPECTROSCOPE
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I know A Sparrow's Tears was suggested earlier.

SPARROW

S-word. Seven letters. Just sayin'. And yes, I'm biased.
  • shobairshobair London

Rescue Of Shadow
    Park the bus.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Cillit Cillit Bang Bang
    "The Fire in Which We Burn"

patb wrote: »
    "The Fire in Which We Burn"
    I love this!