The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DOGS WILL BE DOGS
  • DrunkIrishPoetDrunkIrishPoet The Amber Coast
    jake24 wrote: »
    For Queen and Country

God save her, but Her Majesty cannot live forever. The moment she passes anything referencing her becomes a relic of a bygone age.

"For King and Country" (once it becomes appropriate) on the other hand will resonate for the next 100 years.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I don't want a YOLT adaptation, either. However, my point is, YOLT may be the next thing to poorly adapt, if Eon is heading towards the path everyone is tending to believe here, and if that is the case, what would The Property of A Lady stand for? What's the "property" and who's the said "Lady"?

In anyways, my firm belief is neither The Property of A Lady nor The Hildebrand Rarity will ever be used. Eon twice placed them in the narrative of separate films which to my understanding is their way of saying these won't be used in their series. The former was used in Octopussy as the title in a book articulating the Faberge Egg, while the name "Hildebrand" was provided for the safe house in the third act of Spectre, for which Tanner claims he hasn't heard about. What are they going to make about Hildebrand? That it's a safe house?

Don't forget Bond's family motto was in OHMSS and then became the title of TWINE. So there is precedent for them to use a chapter heading in one film and then it becomes a title.

Not sure where they will go with the Bond 25 title. I am thinking something longer then one word and without the word die in it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    thedove wrote: »
    I am thinking something longer then one word and without the word die in it.
    So "Kill", then. Or "Gold-" something.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 10,588
    I have honestly grown to love Property of a Lady as a title. Imagine the title being read in that trailer/TV spot voice. There's something overtly Bondian about it, IMO.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I have honestly grown to love Property of a Lady as a title. Imagine the title being read in that trailer/TV spot voice. There's something overtly Bondian about it, IMO.

Of course, its Fleming after all!
    That can work very well.

74b490038b64f0b249fc30b224afccc6--craig-bond-james-bond-skyfall.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Yeah, only thing is, as desirable as the poster above looks, they won't do anything like that with Bond, nowadays. Not the current one at least. It'd be too "sexist" for their taste. Just look at how much backlash Kingsman is getting from feminists when there is little to none sexism in the film.
    Well, Playboy Magazine still does their Bond features, plus Poland, Mexico and The Netherlands went all out for SPECTRE in 2015. But things have changed some for the marketing, sure.
    1ae43bdeda6157bab5235eeb4a56fb19.jpg
    That can work very well.

I like it! It is like a throwback to the Connery era ala Thunderball.
    I personally love the remaining short story titles (Yes even 007 In New York as bland a title as it is it's hardly worse then Die Another Day or Jason Bourne or other titles in the Spy Genere) I would love if Bond 25 was The Property of a Lady.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    That can work very well.

My Fan Art :)
    The Orb is Non Sufficient
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 13,936
    I always liked Zero Minus Ten, and thought it sounded very espionage. Change the 'ten' to a '10' and you could incorporate 007 in the title.
  • patb wrote: »
    All Good Things

I really like that. I think it could fit perfectly since they'll likely focus on it being Craig's last, the end of this Bond, etc. Nicely done @patb.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    John Gardner's Nobody Lives Forever would be fitting for a final entry.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in 'Shadow World'
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    My gut feeling is they will go with Shatterhand
  • shobairshobair London
    I guess ( Rebound ) will be the title of Bond 25
    ELVIS RETURNS
    ELVIS RETURNS
    Theme song: "A Little Less Conversation" (Junkie XL Remix)
    That can work very well.

That is what I want. I've been lobbying for The Property of a Lady as a title since Bond 23 (before SF got its title).
    ELVIS RETURNS

And there is a lot of action.
    ELVIS RETURNS
    So a character may finally deliver the line "Elvis has left the building."

Looking forward to the filmmakers' fun retro-connections of Elvis to Bond films 21, 23, and 24.
    160_F_103390873_GrlFIbXKjtU9g9TFHopxgpOGD9V9Zhzf.jpg
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    That can work very well.

That is what I want. I've been lobbying for The Property of a Lady as a title since Bond 23 (before SF got its title).

Ironically @PropertyOfALady has been lobbying for Fawkes' Rocks as a title. Small world...
    I want it to be called SOME KIND OF HERO.
    We probably won't even know the title until about a year from now, since they only revealed SP's title about a year before it was released. Shatterhand seems to be the most likely candidate for now.
  • I've been asking endlessly for THUNDERBLINGER. Close enough I guess.
    ELVIS RETURNS

And there is a lot of action.
    And unsatisfying aggravations.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    FoxRox wrote: »
    That can work very well.

Ironically @PropertyOfALady has been lobbying for Fawkes' Rocks as a title. Small world...

Have I?