No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DCisared wrote: »
    Stop the sexual objectification of women you boring mings.

I agree it can get a bit leer-ey at times but this is a James Bond forum. Every aspect of his world is sexed up including the man himself, there's just less talk about that side of it because most of the members on here are straight men. So looks are bound to be mentioned when talking about casting the Bond girl, and I don't think anyone has been really horrible about it or anything.

I leer at Bond's Astons and Rolexes with exactly the same gusto I do his birds.

And I'm sorry but if you're going up for the part of 'Bond girl' Hattie Jacques, Bella Emberg or the bird who played Olive in On The Buses need not apply. And that's not sexist because when they're casting Bond Johnny Vegas doesn't get a look in either.
  • DCisared wrote: »
    Stop the sexual objectification of women you boring mings.

I agree it can get a bit leer-ey at times but this is a James Bond forum. Every aspect of his world is sexed up including the man himself, there's just less talk about that side of it because most of the members on here are straight men. So looks are bound to be mentioned when talking about casting the Bond girl, and I don't think anyone has been really horrible about it or anything.

I leer at Bond's Astons and Rolexes with exactly the same gusto I do his birds.

Classy.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    [quote="Birdleson;814262"Call me sexist or sexy or whatever the Hell it is.[/quote]

I believe the word is sexiful.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited November 2017 Posts: 1,756
    My initial comment was supposedly to be lightly distasteful and offense, of course! That was my response and opinion to the blatant vanity of that statement. She's not remotely attractive, and that has nothing to do with her being a minority; that delusion came upon whoever said that.

Although I do admit I did misinterpret it a bit, as she stated the producers said she was too pretty.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    We forgive you, @dominicgreene.

But...we will never forget.
  • I don't think she's ugly to be fair. Can't picture her as a Bond girl though.

I know this is just her trying to get her 15 minutes in some tabloid but if we entertain it as true for a second: "too pretty" isn't likely to be a disqualifier when it comes to casting a Bond girl is it? They're supposed to be sex symbols. They'll want the hottest girls they can get. Which makes me think if this is in anyway true then she'll have been up for a henchwoman sort of part rather than the main Bond girl, so we could be seeing a Klebb/Mayday type in Bond 25.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Of the kind, if we’re talking about a Victoria’s Secret model, Lais Riberio would be hell lot of a better choice.
    She looks a lot like Jessica Lucas (Gotham). I approve, old chap.
    I try, old boy. ;)
    QBranch wrote: »
    I approve, old chap.
    I try, old boy. ;)
    I have no idea of your age, so my apologies if you're actually old. ;)
    I approve, old chap.
    I try, old boy. ;)
    I have no idea of your age, so my apologies if you're actually old. ;)
    I was actually born yesterday, so no apologies needed. I’m a day “old” chap. ;)
    Well in that case, Happy Birthday!

I'll finish the cake on your behalf, as you are too young to eat sugary stuff.
    Ah yes, the doctor... she warned me about the apples. Well... can’t keep her away. Someone’s got to do the tough job of er... keeping up with her prescriptions. ;)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Ah yes, the doctor... she warned me about the apples. Well... can’t keep her away. Someone’s got to do the tough job of er... keeping up with her prescriptions. ;)

Huh?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Well I sure as Hell don't want an ugly, or, worse, manly Bond Girl. Call me sexist or sexy or whatever the Hell it is.

This is a James Bond forum, none of us should want ugly girls
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Is it too late to say 'back on topic please' ? I fear so.
  • I am very curious about the script. I'd like to see more Mi6 agents. 008, 009 etc. I'd love to see Idris Elba as 008 and a female 009. I think the latest Mission Impossible movies have done a good job showing other agents but without detracting from the main star.
    SonofSean wrote: »
    I am very curious about the script. I'd like to see more Mi6 agents. 008, 009 etc. I'd love to see Idris Elba as 008 and a female 009. I think the latest Mission Impossible movies have done a good job showing other agents but without detracting from the main star.

Let's expand the Scooby gang to a cast of thousands by having a different 00 to represent every single minority?Not quite as appalling an idea as brothergate but certainly right up there.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2017 Posts: 7,526
    I am very curious about the script. I'd like to see more Mi6 agents. 008, 009 etc. I'd love to see Idris Elba as 008 and a female 009. I think the latest Mission Impossible movies have done a good job showing other agents but without detracting from the main star.

Let's expand the Scooby gang to a cast of thousands by having a different 00 to represent every single minority?Not quite as appalling an idea as brothergate but certainly right up there.

That's quite a strawman. It would be interesting to see more 00 agents, as long as they're not implied to live very long (ie, have a PTS maybe with Bond working with another 00 who is KIA along the way).

That's quite a strawman. It would be interesting to see more 00 agents, as long as they're not implied to live very long (ie, have a PTS maybe with Bond working with another 00 who is KIA along the way).
    We already had that in 1995.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2017 Posts: 3,157

Also 0010 who is gay, 0011 who is transexual, and 012 who is disable, why not? 007, on the other hand, should have very little screen time and most of the movie should focus on the other 00 agents as well as the scooby gang.

And it was great! No problems here to see something similar in the Craig era. Obviously it wouldn't be as good to have the entire plot revolve around the other 00 again, though.
    Walecs wrote: »

Also 0010 who is gay, 0011 who is transexual, and 012 who is disable, why not? 007, on the other hand, should have very little screen time and most of the movie should focus on the other 00 agents as well as the scooby gang.

Nobody is suggesting any of this.

And it was great! No problems here to see something similar in the Craig era. Obviously it wouldn't be as good to have the entire plot revolve around the other 00 again, though.
    I agree it was great, but it will only lead to the "It's personal" dilemma, again, which is why I'd rather we don't get that for sometime. But, if we are to use a 00 in the PTS as a sacrificial lamb like how 009 was handled in Octopussy to pave the way for Bond to go on a mission, that I'd be on board with.

I agree it was great, but it will only lead to the "It's personal" dilemma, again, which is why I'd rather we don't get that for sometime. But, if we are to use a 00 in the PTS as a sacrificial lamb like how 009 was handled in Octopussy to pave the way for Bond to go on a mission, that I'd be on board with.

Totally. I'm thinking more along the lines of Carter in CR or Ronson in Skyfall, if they were 00s (and if we saw Bond and Ronson working together a bit before he got blasted).

And no names, just numbers ("003 didn't make it, did he?") would have been a nice touch.
    Precisely!

Totally. I'm thinking more along the lines of Carter in CR or Ronson in Skyfall, if they were 00s (and if we saw Bond and Ronson working together a bit before he got blasted).

And no names, just numbers ("003 didn't make it, did he?") would have been a nice touch.

Yep totally fine with that. But that wasn't what was suggested unless Idris Elba is going to sign on for a 3 minute part just to get killed.

They'd end up with people saying 'By killing Elba off after 5 mins but havig Bond survive to the end EON are implying that black 00s aren't as competent as white ones'.

Yep totally fine with that. But that wasn't what was suggested unless Idris Elba is going to sign on for a 3 minute part just to get killed.

They'd end up with people saying 'By killing Elba off after 5 mins but havig Bond survive to the end EON are implying that black 00s aren't as competent as white ones'.

Fair point, you probably wouldn’t get Idris Elba in this role.
    Elba wouldn't star in a Bond film regardless. He feels prejudiced towards the franchise.
    I prefer big names stay out of the franchise anyways. Call me crazy but I thought Ola Rapace was really compelling; I almost wish they used him for a different, slightly more substantial role.
    Berenice Marlohe never appeared in a mainstream film before and hardly had 10 minutes of screentime if at all... But, was she or wasn't she terrific in the part she was given to play?