"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Tonight ?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Before the game. His own fans as well :))
    What a dickhead.....he aint Cantona...funny that they are both French ,Wiz..
    barryt007 wrote: »

And ex Utd....

Evra doing a Cantona.

First player to get a red before a game?

Rosenborg in the lead! Penalty scored by Bendtner!
    1-0!!

Come on RBK!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Evra doing a Cantona.

His winter break will be starting early

And ex Utd....

Indeed.
    What happened afterwards,i havent been watching anything tonight,just got the Arsenal score (or non score) on my phone ?

And ex Utd....

Indeed.
    What happened afterwards,i havent been watching anything tonight,just got the Arsenal score (or non score) on my phone ?

Search me mate - no one watches on a Thursday unless they have to.
    The man is an idiot!

And ex Utd....

Indeed.

Search me mate - no one watches on a Thursday unless they have to.

Definately old chum...
    Of course Zenit scores with 5 seconds to go of added time. 1-1 full time.

Shit ..so you are out ?
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 17,333

Shit ..so you are out ?

Yup. Third in the group. Real Sociedad and Zenit are more or less through. 5 seconds! And Rosenborg controlled the game 90 + minutes.

And 0-0 between Arsenal-Red Star Belgrade...

Shit ..so you are out ?

Yup. Third in the group. Real Sociedad and Zenit are more or less through. 5 seconds! And Rosenborg controlled the game 90 + minutes.

Well we finished 0-0...hardly showing we have a good squad...what a waste of money for the fans,once again.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 7,505

Shit ..so you are out ?

Not completely. Will need six against Real Sociedad and Vardar and pray that Sociedad lose at home to Zenit in the final game.

Extremely frustrating result as Rosenborg definitely deserved the win!
    jobo wrote: »

Shit ..so you are out ?

Not completely. Will need six against Real Sociedad and Vardar and pray that Sociedad lose at home to Zenit in the final game.

I just take it Real will win at home. Zenit didn't look that impressive tonight.

Shit ..so you are out ?

Well we finished 0-0...hardly showing we have a good squad...what a waste of money for the fans,once again.

About as annoying as the result of the Rosenborg game. Arsenal just couldn't make a result tonight. Macey had a brilliant save in the first half. Looked very in control during the 90 minutes.

Shit ..so you are out ?

When that happens it is such a kick in the balls..i'm sorry for you and @Torgeirtrap ,seriously bad luck.

Shit ..so you are out ?

When that happens it is such a kick in the balls..i'm sorry for you and @Torgeirtrap ,seriously bad luck.

The story of Rosenborg in the EL the last few years. Always a goal against late in the game. Rosenborg created enough to score more than just a penalty, too.

On to Sunday. Rosenborg can win their 25th league title away against Aalesund, and third in a row. The away game for Arsenal... Well - I don't know if I want to watch it.

Shit ..so you are out ?

Could be worse. Nobody expects us to qualify from a group containing Zenit and Sociedad. The main thing was to finally qualify for a European tournament again. The rest is a bonus. However there is reason to be positive regarding our posibilities for next season considering how we have been matching up to Zenit over two games. However they do not look to be in the best of at the moment... So maybe they have not been the quality test they are on paper.

Shit ..so you are out ?

Could be worse. Nobody expects us to qualify from a group containing Zenit and Sociedad. The main thing was to finally qualify for a European tournament again. The rest is a bonus. However there is reason to be positive regarding our posibilities for next season considering how we have been matching up to Zenit over two games. However they do not look to be in the best of at the moment... So maybe they have not been the quality test they are on paper.

A great bonus as well. Rosenborg are playing some good football too, which is promising!
    Whoever takes over at Everton has got their work cut out for them?!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I think Sean Dyche would be mad to touch them with a barge-pole..much better staying at Burnley for now.

I think Sean Dyche would be mad to touch them with a barge-pole..much better staying at Burnley for now.

Absolutely! He has created something special at Burnley. He would be under huge pressure at Everton simply because of all the money that has been spent on players!

Absolutely! He has created something special at Burnley. He would be under huge pressure at Everton simply because of all the money that has been spent on players!

And the total unbalance of the team,no goal scorers,lack of pace,impatient fans and management etc etc .

That's a VERY hot potato.

And the total unbalance of the team,no goal scorers,lack of pace,impatient fans and management etc etc .

That's a VERY hot potato.

Be interesting who has the balls to take it on?

You're right. Why would a Dyche or a Silva go there when if they keep on as they are a big club will come in for them? One of Spurs (Pocc will get poached by a bigger club before long), Liverpool (our current relegation defence going to get you sacked sooner or later Jurgen), Chelsea (things certainly not right at the moment and we know Roman doesn't hang around when it comes to pulling the trigger) and Arsenal (we all know it will never happen but at some point you'd imagine sanity would dawn on them) will surely be after a new manager in the next 12 months so why make the jump to a club at the bottom?

Big Sam the only possible option if Everton want to safeguard being in the league next season.

You're right. Why would a Dyche or a Silva go there when if they keep on as they are a big club will come in for them? One of Spurs (Pocc will get poached by a bigger club before long), Liverpool (our current relegation defence going to get you sacked sooner or later Jurgen), Chelsea (things certainly not right at the moment and we know Roman doesn't hang around when it comes to pulling the trigger) and Arsenal (we all know it will never happen but at some point you'd imagine sanity would dawn on them) will surely be after a new manager in the next 12 months so why make the jump to a club at the bottom?

Big Sam the only possible option if Everton want to safeguard being in the league next season.

I agree...it's Big Sam or ciao to the PL....they are shocking atm.

I agree...it's Big Sam or ciao to the PL....they are shocking atm.

If we really want to stitch them up we should offer Big Sam 10m to the end of the season to be our defensive coach. Organising a back four is all we need and if it sent them down and got us top 4 cheap money well spent - which, for the club that bought Klavan and Karius, would be a novelty.
    Klavan isn't the worst defender they have.