Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sad to hear of Bernie Casey's passing. One of my favorite Leiter's.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Bernie Casey, a very good Leiter, and highlight of NSNA. I have not seen much of his other work, but a well liked man all around it sounds.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I remember him mainly from various b movies, and of course NSNA, but wasn t he mainly a sports star?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Bernie Casey.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Barry Norman described him as Felix Darker in his NSNA review.
    I remember him mainly from various b movies, and of course NSNA, but wasn t he mainly a sports star?

Yep he was an NFL player I think (I know nothing aboutNFL though, and could be wrong).

He always seemed so fit to me and in good shape,i thought he would live longer than 78...just goes to show.

RIP Bernie.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of the first black Leiter Bernie Casey.
    RIP Bernie Casey. Unofficial or not? Casey in my book played Felix Leiter brilliantly. Obviously thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    ENTERTAINMENTMAKERShttp://www.thehistorymakers.org/biography/bernie-casey-41
    Bernie Casey
    Profession: Film Actor, Football Player
    Favorites. Color: Blue. Food: Soup. Quote: I can do this. Season: Spring.
    Vacation Destination: Jamaica
    Birthplace: Wyco, West Virginia United States

Bernie Casey was born Bernard Terry Casey on June 8, 1939, in the small coal mining community of Wyco, West Virginia, to Frank Leslie Casey and Flossie Coleman Casey. While Casey was still a youth, he and his family moved to Columbus where he attended Garfield Elementary School, Champion Junior High, and Columbus East High School. Casey had already shown an aptitude for painting and drawing, and soon developed his athletic abilities as well, particularly for basketball and football.

Casey attended Bowling Green State University (BGSU) in Ohio in 1957, thanks in part to an athletic scholarship, where he remained intent on becoming an artist. Casey excelled in football while attending BGSU, and was considered a key player in the school’s 1959 championship season. Casey was named a member of the Little All American Team, and was also competitive in track and field. Casey received his B.S. degree in Art Education from BGSU in 1961, and later received his Master of Fine Arts degree from the same school.

In 1961, after receiving his B.S. degree, Casey was drafted into the NFL in the first round by the San Francisco 49ers, with whom he would spend six seasons, followed by two years with the Los Angeles Rams. In the off-season, Casey returned to Bowling Green State University, in order to complete his M.F.A. degree, which he received in 1966. After his standout 1967 athletic season in which Casey caught 53 passes for a career-high 871 yards and eight touchdowns, Casey was named to the 1968 Pro Bowl team. Shortly thereafter, Casey became disillusioned with the NFL and professional sports in general, and decided to return to his creative pursuits.

In 1969, Casey appeared in his first film, Guns of the Magnificent Seven, a sequel to The Magnificent Seven; that same year, he wrote Look at the People: Poems and Paintings, a book of art and poetry. Casey would publish two similar books later on in his career: Where is the Revolution? And Other Poems in 1973, and Silent Screams in 1983. In 1971, Casey produced an independent film entitled Bernie Casey: Black Artist, which focused on his thoughts and observations as a painter. As an artist, Casey has produced more than 30 solo exhibitions; he received an honorary doctorate degree from The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) in Savannah, Georgia, where he served for twenty years as chairman of the board and advocated for arts education.

Casey has made over fifty-seven appearances in film and television, including the movies Cleopatra Jones, I’m Gonna Git You Sucka, Revenge of the Nerds, and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure; and TV programs such as Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and L.A. Law. In 1997, Casey produced, wrote, directed and acted in The Dinner, an allegorical drama.
    Pro athlete in the NFL.
    Bernie-Casey-1.jpg
    Filmography.
    Guns of the Magnificent Seven (1969) – Cassie
    ...tick...tick...tick... (1970) – George Harley
    Black Chariot (1971)
    Brian's Song (1971) – J.C. Caroline
    Boxcar Bertha (1972) – Von Morton
    Gargoyles (1972) – The Gargoyle
    Black Gunn (1972) – Seth
    Hit Man (1972) – Tyrone Tackett
    Cleopatra Jones (1973) – Reuben
    Maurie (1973) – Maurice Stokes
    Cornbread, Earl and Me (1975) – Officer Larry Atkins
    Dr. Black, Mr. Hyde (1976) – Dr. Henry Pride
    The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976) – Mr. Peters
    Brothers (1977) – David Thomas
    It Happened at Lakewood Manor (1977) – Vince
    Sharky's Machine (1981) – Arch
    Never Say Never Again (1983) – Felix Leiter
    Revenge of the Nerds (1984) – U.N. Jefferson
    Spies Like Us (1985) – Colonel Rhombus
    Steele Justice (1987) – Det. Tom Reese
    Amazon Women on the Moon (1987) – Maj. Gen. Hadley (segment "The Unknown Soldier") (uncredited)
    Rent-A-Cop (1987) – Lemar
    Backfire (1988) – Clinton James
    I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988) – John Slade
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989) – Mr. Ryan
    Another 48 Hrs. (1990) – Kirkland Smith
    Chains of Gold (1991) – Sergeant Falco
    Revenge of the Nerds III: The Next Generation (1992) – U.N. Jefferson
    Under Siege (1992) – Commander Harris
    The Cemetery Club (1993) – John
    Street Knight (1993) – Raymond
    Revenge of the Nerds IV: Nerds in Love (1994) – U.N. Jefferson
    The Glass Shield (1994) – James Locket
    In the Mouth of Madness (1995) – Robinson
    Once Upon a Time... When We Were Colored (1995) – Mr. Walter
    The Dinner (1997) – Good Brother
    Tomcats (2001) – Officer Hurley
    Jim Brown: All-American (2002) – Himself
    On the Edge (2002) – Rex Stevens
    When I Find the Ocean (2006) – Amos Jackson
    Vegas Vampires (2007) – Bloodhound Bill (final film role)

For fans of Blaxploitation pictures of the 1970s, images of Casey are iconic.
    one-sheet.jpg?width=335&height=508&mode=cropcd2e9415f80d35253b01c547f9206f0d.jpg
    Painter and poet. casey-faith.jpg
    Athlete. Actor. Painter. Poet. A long, full life lived.
    BC_1505953154781_11199171_ver1.0.png?preset=534-401
    Damn. I've been a fan since I was a kid. RIP Mr. Casey.
    I sadly never realised what a remarkable man Mr Casey was.
    I loved that clip where he had his own theme music. When I get rich, I am stealing it.
  • RIP Bernie Casey. The best Felix Leiter for me too.

I also remember him from The Man Who Fell to Earth and The Martian Chronicles.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,665

Another clip of Bernie Casey (Contains swearing)
    barryt007 wrote: »

Yep he was an NFL player I think (I know nothing aboutNFL though, and could be wrong).

He always seemed so fit to me and in good shape,i thought he would live longer than 78...just goes to show.

RIP Bernie.

Same with wrestler Earthquake John Tenta , didnt even make it to 45. Hartsell who trained with Bruce Lee died in his 60s , just goes to show.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Bernie.

A very likeable Felix Leiter and surely one of the best in the role.

Sad to hear about his passing.
    Soulman Charles Bradley has passed away, aged 68, from cancer.

rollingstone.com/music/news/charles-bradley-acclaimed-soul-singer-dead-at-68-w505141

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Gerard wrote: »
    Soulman Charles Bradley has passed away, aged 68, from cancer.

rollingstone.com/music/news/charles-bradley-acclaimed-soul-singer-dead-at-68-w505141

Such a shame. He found fame quite late in life but still managed 3 great albums and extensive touring.

If you've never heard his music then do yourself a favour and get listening.
    I am on it.
    I am on it.

Soul, brother.
    Listening to his music right now. Great stuff. The heir to Sam Cooke and Marvin Gaye.
    Listening to his music right now. Great stuff. The heir to Sam Cooke and Marvin Gaye.

I love a bit of Sam Cooke.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    From the acting profession Liz Dawn and Tony Booth have both died.

Liz best known as Vera Duckworth in Coronation St for many years. Tony Booth, father of ex-prime minister Tony Blair's wife Cherie, also had a role in Corrie but many other acting roles over a 50yr career.
    In France, two important deaths. First, actress Giséle Casadesus, who left this earth aged 103 years old. Not a bad inning :

lepoint.fr/societe/deces-de-l-actrice-gisele-casadesus-la-doyenne-des-comediennes-francaises-25-09-2017-2159523_23.php

And today, I have just learned that singer Gérard Palaprat, who was a big name in the 70s, had passed away aged 67 :

lemonde.fr/disparitions/article/2017/09/26/le-chanteur-gerard-palaprat-est-mort_5191591_3382.html

I have an anecdote about him. Way back when, in 1972, he was supposed to appear in an open air concert in my parents' hometown. We were there on vacation, and had booked tickets. We enjoyed the various artists who preceded him. But when it was time for him to get on stage, he wasn't there. The public waited for a few hours before deciding to go home. And, while we were leaving the field in which the concert was taking place, we came upon a Mustang headed in the opposite direction. Of course, it was him. Apparently, he had gotten lost, and from what I've heard afterwards, he was a bit drunk to boot. Still, the other artists (Line & Willy, Annie Cordy) more than made up for his absence. Here is his biggest hit, "Pour la Fin du Monde" :

100 years since the passing of Edgar Degas.
    degas-in-a-green-jacket-1856.jpg
    Brilliant painter.
    I see Lord Lucan's wife has been found dead in her home,aged 80.
    Still no news from her husband ?
    Gerard wrote: »
    Still no news from her husband ?

No,he was officially declared 'dead' in 1999.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Hugh Hefner, Playboy founder, has died at the age of 91
    What a life he had, though.