Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 14,046
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 You can't beat 60's spy thrillers. Top notch stuff! Let's hope some of the feel comes back, as we know it can be done properly. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A seemingingly tough choice. But DN wins by the simple fact it's the better film.
  • Dr. No. It's just simply better.
    Dr. NO
    Dr. NO. just because the story's better, Goldfinger is overrated and it had Maurice Binder
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 562
    Edit: Deleted Post
    Hm....This is really hard..

I guess

GF
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Dr.No easily.

Bond at his most authoritative.

The introduction of the name.

Jamaica

Jack Lord

Honey

Dr.No himself/dinner table scene

Killing of Dent

Connery Connery Connery!!!
    Dr.NO
    doubleoego wrote:
    Connery was in Goldfinger as well.

Two simply stunning films. It's quite close, but I'll give it to Goldfinger....though if Dr. No wins this match (which it looks like it will), I will not be upset at all! :D

2. Goldfinger (1964) - 10/10
    3. From Russia With Love (1963) - 9.5/10
    4. Dr. No (1962) - 9/10
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

I'm sure @doubleogo liked DN more to begin with, and Connery's appearance was just another point on the board for it considering all the other things he listed about DN. He can speak for himself though, that's just my opinion.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dr. No It may just use the Bond theme as it's opening title credits song, but at least it's better than that crappy Goldfinger. Plus, the plot's better. Plus, the villain's better. Plus, the Bond Girl's hotter and better. Plus the supporting cast is better.

I guess I'll just say that EVERY G**DAMN THING is better than Goldfinger.
    Dr. No

First off let me say that neither are anywhere close to my favorites. Still, in a match-up between the two, Dr. No wins. Big factors here include a better Bond girl, a better main villain, better performance by Sean Connery, a more dark-edged and brutal Bond, and for a BIG point, it's not Goldfinger!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Connery's performance and the spy/detective work he had to do was better. He may not have been as smooth or as relaxed as he was in GF but the his performance overall imo was better in Dr.No.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 163
    DN always as Sean Connery appeared as Bond as until then having read the novel Bond was in my mind, and in DN he was on the screen in front of me!
    FRWL for its plot and locations and again for its direction by Young! But for me DN is very special as I watched as soon as it was released.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Both are great but I'd go for GF. Its just a bit more "polished". DN was a prototype for what was to come.
    Doctor No - without question

This is what maybe constitutes as an 'unfair battle'

Connerys first is fun, lively, exotic, fast paced, intriguing, has Honey Ryder

Connerys Third is dull, gray, slow, lifeless, has Honor Blackman

Pretty simple math
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    This one is almost evil... making me pick between the two; almost like I have to pick which one is my favorite kid.

Going to go with Goldfinger. I just feel it was the one to set up Bond in future movies and it made him popular; plus it was the first Bond film I saw.

Pretty simple math
    :O You don't like Honor Blackman? :O

Goldfinger.

My list of rating.

GF - 4.
    DN - 8.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    dragonsky wrote:

Pretty simple math
    :O You don't like Honor Blackman? :O

I don't either.
    Goldfinger
    Easily DN for me.
    Dr No for me!
    The results are in! Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with school, as usual.
    DN: 20 votes
    GF: 12 votes

Connery's first triumphs over his second in a landslide!

All right, the next match-up is:

Live and Let Die vs. The Spy Who Loved Me
    Spy

LALD doesn't age well
    Spy
    The Spy Who Loved Me, the first time they really catered to Roger Moore's strenghts. And a rejuvenation of the franchise.