Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,372
    It appears the Telltale announcement is likely for a new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' title:

EDIT: OK, so the link still follows, but apparently that was a red herring. Even still, they're not working on a Bond game - the announcement was indeed for a new season of 'The Wolf Among Us.'

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-22779-Telltale-Won-t-Be-Announcing-The-Wolf-Among-Us-Season-2-At-Comic-Con.html
    sigh well I at least have Alkehline's gun
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,372
    Risico007 wrote: »

I had the misfortune of playing that 'Hitman' knockoff. Can't recall one thing it did better than 'Hitman,' in literally every sense of the word. At least I managed to get it for dirt cheap.

EDIT: Seems Telltale is doing everything but a Bond game, also announcing a new 'Batman' and 'Walking Dead' title.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    There may be a surprise. Let's wait and see.
    There may be a surprise. Let's wait and see.

After all that, I sincerely doubt it. You lot are infinitely more hopeful and optimistic than I'll ever be!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I had the misfortune of playing that 'Hitman' knockoff. Can't recall one thing it did better than 'Hitman,' in literally every sense of the word. At least I managed to get it for dirt cheap.

EDIT: Seems Telltale is doing everything but a Bond game, also announcing a new 'Batman' and 'Walking Dead' title.

The story is interesting and enjoyable

I liked the WW2 angle, but still horribly lackluster. Can't believe games like that are still being shipped without any repercussions. Felt like a really bad PS2 title.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, not a surprise. I just hope Telltale fix their engine and get better at making their games very soon. If they were ever to get the Bond license for any reason, I don't want to play a bug-riddled game that I have to be worried about deleting my progress.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,423

I liked the WW2 angle, but still horribly lackluster. Can't believe games like that are still being shipped without any repercussions. Felt like a really bad PS2 title.
    MachineGames destroyed what was screaming of a great potential from the title. The original developers had much more promising concepts for Alekhine's Gun, but they lacked a publisher.

I still appreciate the game for what it is. We hardly get spy games like these anymore.

The game series is like Russia's version of Hitman. Both of the Death to Spies games and their successor of a different title (albeit the same IP).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yeah, when it comes to spy games either those that get through aren't well made or they are but don't sell, not giving the devs a chance to do an improvement the second time around.

A new game with an Alpha Protocol style with better controls and more fluid gameplay would be amazing, but wait on we shall.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 70
    Out of boredom I made a few Bond screenshots from GTA V recreating some scenes from the movies. Try and guess which movie they're referencing. Should be easy.

LO6VBDe.png

owZR34B.png

4R2780B.png

gx5uGT3.png

GccxcAa.png

UyUOIEr.png

xB56nem.png
    1. Goldfinger (obviously)
    2. Diamonds Are Forever
    3. Can't seem to guess exactly, but is it For Your Eyes Only?
    4. The Spy Who Loved Me (obviously)
    5. Spectre (?) (Saving Luccia Scarria?)
    6. GoldenEye
    7. Spectre
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    2. Diamonds Are Forever
    6. GoldenEye
    7. Spectre

i think 7 is the opening shot from Skyfall.
    But i can't figure out 3 and 5 either
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    00Agent wrote: »
    2. Diamonds Are Forever
    6. GoldenEye
    7. Spectre

i think 7 is the opening shot from Skyfall.
    But i can't figure out 3 and 5 either
    Oh yeah, it could be. Although, I was thinking 7 would be set at Mr. White's hideout in Spectre, but you're right it has Skyfall PTS vibes to it.

I kind of think 3 is supposed to be set in Cortina from For Your Eyes Only since that's a red Lotus Esprit. It must be the scene where Bond and Luigi stop outside the ice rink stadium.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 70
    3 is For Your Eyes Only, with the red Lotus. I had snow turned on but somehow didn't appear when I adjusted the camera angle.

5 is Quantum of Solace. The DBS and P99 should've given a hint.

7 is the Skyfall PTS. It was kinda hard trying to find a shadowy spot.

Everything else is correct
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Gummy wrote: »

Only a hint for QoS the game. Bond uses a PPK in the film itself.

I'm still confused about where we've seen Bond standing in front of an Aston with his gun drawn in any version of QoS.

I'm still confused about where we've seen Bond standing in front of an Aston with his gun drawn in any version of QoS.
    Perhaps it's an off-screen moment where he already put Mr. White in the trunk, holding off some of his bodyguards in a brief firefight before racing away.

Perhaps it's an off-screen moment where he already put Mr. White in the trunk, holding off some of his bodyguards in a brief firefight before racing away.

Well, it wouldn't be a shot from the film like all the others, then. Hence my dilemma. ;)

Well, it wouldn't be a shot from the film like all the others, then. Hence my dilemma. ;)
    I know, my feelings exactly. ;)
  • oo7oo7
    gfbox.jpg
    Nice! :D
  • oo7oo7
    Yep! Finished the game on 00 Agent difficulty only a couple of days ago. While some of the levels were reasonable to tackle, the "Hideout" level where you have to meet Pussy Galore and sabotage the gas canisters was beyond hard. The level's problem was that it's too dark and the enemies can shoot you from an absolute distance you don't know where the bullet is coming from, let alone seeing the soldiers firing at you until you get close.
  • oo7 wrote: »
    gfbox.jpg

Forgive me if I'm being naive, but is that real? Have the makers of the mod managed to get it on a cartridge and made a box? PC gaming is a bit beyond me to be honest, just seems so complicated compared to consoles, but I still have my old N64 knocking around somewhere and I'd happily pay for that.
    oo7 wrote: »
    gfbox.jpg

Forgive me if I'm being naive, but is that real? Have the makers of the mod managed to get it on a cartridge and made a box? PC gaming is a bit beyond me to be honest, just seems so complicated compared to consoles, but I still have my old N64 knocking around somewhere and I'd happily pay for that.
    @thelivingroyale I'm inclined to believe there is a cartridge for the game as I've seen some people online playing it on a Nintendo 64 setup (as well as graphics). I, however, played a high-res version of it on an emulator, which isn't complicated to pull off at all.
    you can put it on a n64 cartridge, there are manuals for that online. But you need some skills for that and some hardware.
    The Box is real as well, and can be downloaded and printed out.
    The master has spoken! :D
    everything you need, you can find here:
    http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=349
    instructions, and the box art is a bit further down
  • Cheers guys. I'll have to have a look at the instructions and how much the hardware will cost, but at the minute I'm thinking I'm going to attempt to put it on a cartridge. I'm not very tech savvy at all so we'll see how it works out for me but I think it could be a nice little project to work on and it'll be really satisfying to have a new, physical Bond game to add to my collection when it's done.