Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited June 2017 Posts: 4,399
    Normally, even ahead of an official announcement or trailer reveal, or anything, some news buzz would've been generated- and Bond is big enough to cause ripples in the pond if anything leaked... As of now, the only bit of news came from an unreliable screengrab that could've been easily 'shopped.. No one else has leaked or reported anything.. And in the gaming industry, generating hype is everything - if Telltale did have something in the works, surely something more than a poor pic of a computer screen would've been leaked..

My guess is that nothing is happening on the bond gaming front.. not for a while.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I do think it's telling that the leak/rumor was correct about Minecraft Story Mode season 2. So Solstice might still be real.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Its just my best guess based on what i know and what I've seen... Maybe they still are working on something, but E3 may not be the reveal.. Who knows.. If it happens, so be it... If not, oh well.. No skin off my ashtabula.
    My hope is solstice is real because I want a new bond game so bad but.... my heart is saying we have been played again folks
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If not E3, there's Comic Con.

One way, or another, someday, we'll get a new Bond game.
    Yeah, Cinematic Bond's sixtieth anniversary is coming in 2022.

007 Legends Reloaded
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Yeah, Cinematic Bond's sixtieth anniversary is coming in 2022.

007 Legends Reloaded
    Then, at least we know what are we in for 2032.

007 Legends: The Legacy
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Did telltale have its e3 presentation or event yet?
    Not to my knowledge. The event just started today. There are two more days.

So telltale still has yet to have announce anything at e3
    I only hope we don't get a 'vr only' game than can be played in a hour.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    I only hope we don't get a 'vr only' game than can be played in a hour.

That would suck. Makes me think of "I Expect You to Die".
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If not E3, there's Comic Con.

One way, or another, someday, we'll get a new Bond game.

They were never announce something at Comic Con, though. They aren't Marvel or DC, they're a game company.

The event as far as the big names in the industry (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Bethesda, Ubisoft, etc) is over, and that's where you'd expect the reveals to come. Everything else this E3 is just letting people play games, but no other teases are coming our way since this morning's Nintendo conference.

If a Bond game was going to be announced, it would've happened.
    ^^^ this
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thankfully the Telltale rumors were just that. Whether we're any closer to a new Bond title or not will remain to be seen over the coming years, but I'm glad this one didn't pan out after all this time.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Thankfully the Telltale rumors were just that. Whether we're any closer to a new Bond title or not will remain to be seen over the coming years, but I'm glad this one didn't pan out after all this time.

too each their own but I would of preferred this over nothing which is what we got...
    I'm also glad that Telltale rumour didn't prove to be true.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    You all must also be happy there hasn't been another film.
    I checked the twitter of the original leaker: they're now saying that they were tricked and it was fake after all. Which is a real shame imo.

Yeah even if they're not fans of that style I don't get why people are happy about this. Telltale don't own the rights to the franchises they use. It wouldn't have stopped us getting another Bond game. In fact it might have actually drummed up enough interest to get us a more action focused title like you lot all wanted. And like @Risico007 says, surely something would have been better than nothing? It's a massive let down and I feel annoyed at myself for getting my hopes up. Guess I can always just play Nightfire and EON again.
  • I'm not suprised by the fake telltale rumours in the slightest. My guess is another Bond game will come when another actor is in the role.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

You're comparing something everyone wants with something very little here did. I think that speaks for itself.
    I checked the twitter of the original leaker: they're now saying that they were tricked and it was fake after all. Which is a real shame imo.

Yeah even if they're not fans of that style I don't get why people are happy about this. Telltale don't own the rights to the franchises they use. It wouldn't have stopped us getting another Bond game. In fact it might have actually drummed up enough interest to get us a more action focused title like you lot all wanted. And like @Risico007 says, surely something would have been better than nothing? It's a massive let down and I feel annoyed at myself for getting my hopes up. Guess I can always just play Nightfire and EON again.

@thelivingroyale, I was wiling to accept the game because it would at least improve the market for Bond games, even though Telltale aren't as well reviewed as they used to be, and give a greater chance of others being made by new teams down the line. But of course I was right to be skeptical and call out what I saw as a sham from the start while some people were celebrating and calling me a fool or party pooper for not believing. There's a reason why I don't jump on the first news that's reported, because I refuse to have expectations toyed with. Both here and over on the production thread, some aren't able to avoid accepting the first things they here as proof positive of something. I on the other hand require evidence and official word.

And so it appears we're back where we were before the E3 period, as I tried to warn. Saddle back up, folks.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    At this point, there won't be another game, that's where we are.
    I'm not suprised by the fake telltale rumours in the slightest. My guess is another Bond game will come when another actor is in the role.

I think that must be the goal since it's been a while

I honestly think outside of the books and comic books James Bond is dead the franchise is over in both games and films sure in 30 years or so someone is going to likely reboot the whole thing but it won't be any time soon. Shame to end on such a low note but oh well
    Risico007 wrote: »

I honestly think outside of the books and comic books James Bond is dead the franchise is over in both games and films sure in 30 years or so someone is going to likely reboot the whole thing but it won't be any time soon. Shame to end on such a low note but oh well

You're talking absolute nonsense. I would suggest cutting the production thread from your daily diet. You'll instantly feel healthier and more sound of mind.
    Not being interested in the game is one thing but expressing happiness that it turned out fake is another. "I wouldn't have been interested in this so I'm glad it turned out fake so none of the people who were interested can enjoy it". Lovely attitude. I think it's also notable that the people slagging Telltale off don't actually seem to have played their games (and no, watching them on youtube without the ability to make the choices yourself and the pressure to do it within a certain amount of time isn't the same), whereas the ones defending them have (me and @Agent007391 loved The Walking Dead, @Risico007 played and enjoyed Barman).

Yeah this has pretty much killed all hope for me. Don't know why I got my hopes up at all but I feel stupid now. Guess I can always go back and replay Nightfire and EON again.
    Not being interested in the game is one thing but expressing happiness that it turned out fake is another. "I wouldn't have been interested in this so I'm glad it turned out fake so none of the people who were interested can enjoy it". Lovely attitude. I think it's also notable that the people slagging Telltale off don't actually seem to have played their games (and no, watching them on youtube without the ability to make the choices yourself and the pressure to do it within a certain amount of time isn't the same), whereas the ones defending them have (me and @Agent007391 loved The Walking Dead, @Risico007 played and enjoyed Barman).

Yeah this has pretty much killed all hope for me. Don't know why I got my hopes up at all but I feel stupid now. Guess I can always go back and replay Nightfire and EON again.

I've played a demo of them before, haven't care for them. Does the jury free me of guilt? The whole playable movie angle just doesn't work for me, as the David Cages of the world seem to be those who couldn't make it in the film world and came to the game market to just make their own films with bits of button pressing in between.

The issue with games like Telltale's is that they can be serviceable, but they will always be the inferior product to the other things on the market. Take Batman, for example. How would a game that only allows me to swipe my analog stick and press square to fight one enemy beat a game like Arkham Knight that literally lets me simulate Batman's life and take out any enemy any way I want to? How could a game that demands me to press triangle two times to dodge a barrier in the batmobile beat a game that lets me have Gotham to myself and puts me behind the wheel as I race through destructible environments in my favorite boyhood dream car?

The idea of the Telltale game, of letting the players live out Bruce and Batman's choices and how they intersect is interesting, but the elements they have are only half of what would make a good game. Have those great moments of choice, but also give players a dedicated combat system to fight enemies when the story presents them, to make the player feel something exciting that demanding them mash buttons. If the open world and massive simulation style of Arkham Knight was matched with the range of choice in conversation that Telltale's games had, it would only be better, but it doesn't outrightly lack the stuff to make it great that Telltale's games do, if that makes any sense. There's never any doubt when putting the Arkham titles in that you are playing games, but Telltale's content always lives in that gray area and can't ever innovate to escape it, it seems. Every time I experience one of their titles I have a feeling of needing more than what they are presenting, like half the idea or execution is there. A game in pre-alpha stages being marketed as a full release.

You're talking absolute nonsense. I would suggest cutting the production thread from your daily diet. You'll instantly feel healthier and more sound of mind.

I am sorry but with the long gap I honestly feel the bond franchise is dead

It's gone to meet its makers
    If it's wasn't for the comic books it would be pushing up daisies
    With out life
    May it Rest In Peace
    Gone to join the choir immortal

This is an ex franchise....

But I would love to be proven wrong

With out life
    May it Rest In Peace

You're being very delusional, @Risico007, and you've got your mind warped by all the faux-experts on the threads you frequent who have absolutely no idea what they're on about. If people think that a little wait for another Bond film is the end, I've lost hope in the human consciousness's ability for clear and reasoned thought. I don't mean to come on strong, but it's really something to see people trick themselves into drama like this all the time.

Your reasoning that comics are saving the day for the Bond series is also very warped. Very little read them and the sales haven't lit the world on fire, so don't count on Dynamite to have a suitably dynamite success on the whole. Comics are a niche market, and there isn't much hope of them growing out of it. Marvel's output in the comic world would've all but died without the choice to fund a major movie universe that made a bunch of no-name characters pop culture darlings. It's the MCU that has kept the company floating, not the comics.

It's movies, like the Bond films, that really jack up profits and that's why we'll see Bond 25 sooner rather than later. It's not dead, it's not the end. All one needs to see that is a little perspective on how this series does things and where it's been before. Things work in patterns, as this one does. Besides all that, it makes no sense to saddle yourself to a mindset of despair and negativity. A film franchise isn't going to stop its gears after the last two grossed nearly two billion dollars at the box office alone, not even accounting for home video sales and digital release profits.

With out life
    May it Rest In Peace

You're being very delusional, @Risico007, and you've got your mind warped by all the faux-experts on the threads you frequent who have absolutely no idea what they're on about. If people think that a little wait for another Bond film is the end, I've lost hope in the human consciousness's ability for clear and reasoned thought. I don't mean to come on strong, but it's really something to see people trick themselves into drama like this all the time.

Your reasoning that comics are saving the day for the Bond series is also very warped. Very little read them and the sales haven't lit the world on fire, so don't count on Dynamite to have a suitably dynamite success on the whole. Comics are a niche market, and there isn't much hope of them growing out of it. Marvel's output in the comic world would've all but died without the choice to fund a major movie universe that made a bunch of no-name characters pop culture darlings. It's the MCU that has kept the company floating, not the comics.

It's movies, like the Bond films, that really jack up profits and that's why we'll see Bond 25 sooner rather than later. It's not dead, it's not the end. All one needs to see that is a little perspective on how this series does things and where it's been before. Things work in patterns, as this one does. Besides all that, it makes no sense to saddle yourself to a mindset of despair and negativity. A film franchise isn't going to stop its gears after the last two grossed nearly two billion dollars at the box office alone, not even accounting for home video sales and digital release profits.
    +1. Well said, sir.