Last graphic novel, comic book, manga you read

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited August 2017 Posts: 45,489
    Reading another giant collection from my childhood, this time of Uncle $crooge stories by Carl Barks.
    Onkel-Skrue-bader.jpg
    BRUNO BRAZIL 3: LES YEUX SANS VISAGE (1970) by William Vance and Louis Albert
    bm_CVT_Bruno-brazil--les-yeux-sans-visage_1268.jpg
    Great childhood memories. One of my favourite European agent series from the 60s and 70s. This is in retrospect maybe not the best album in the series, though.
    L Ecole des Aigles (1961)
    PlancheA_290665.jpg
    The best Tanguy et Laverdure album I read so far.
    This RINGO album by Acar and Vance

VANCE-ENSEMBLE-DE-3-DEDICACES%3A-RINGO-PISTE-POUR-SANTA-FE-ET-LE-SERMENT-DE-GETTYSBURG-%26HELLIP-.jpg
    Great childhood memories. One of my favourite European agent series from the 60s and 70s. This is in retrospect maybe not the best album in the series, though.

Have Bruno Brazil been published in Norwegian outside Tempo? Only have a couple of pre-owned Tempo issues with Bruno Brazil included.

Have Bruno Brazil been published in Norwegian outside Tempo? Only have a couple of pre-owned Tempo issues with Bruno Brazil included.

Three albums 1979-1981.(Ballade i Sacramento, Bronseelefanten, Storm over Stillehavet). Sadly, that s it. Ubåt-haien was published as a Tempo album in 1973. Then there are the new Tempo books which mainly publish full stories. Hopefully all the old stories that ran in good, old Tempo will be reprinted in time.

• edited August 2017 Posts: 17,295

Three albums 1979-1981.(Ballade i Sacramento, Bronseelefanten, Storm over Stillehavet). Sadly, that s it. Ubåt-haien was published as a Tempo album in 1973. Then there are the new Tempo books which mainly publish full stories. Hopefully all the old stories that ran in good, old Tempo will be reprinted in time.

Seen a couple of those Tempo books. Don't know if any of them have Bruno Brazil included, though. Should probably pick up a few Tempo books, as the original Tempo magazine ended before I was born - and all I've read, has been a few used ones.
    They have already ran the first three, plus several short stories. (There is a new one out now.)
    They have already ran the first three, plus several short stories. (There is a new one out now.)

Ah, I see. Will be on the lookout for that one!
    More Il Commandante Mark, funnier than I remember.
    I'm reading some EC material, from Two Fisted Tales to classic Mad Magazine. Good shit, that was.
    I have started rereading all my Fantagraphics Carl Barks collections. I have all but one, and really looking forward to coming volumes. They are released twice a year or so.
    7412975440_32f9165e4d.jpg
  • George Lucas called Uncle $crooge "a priceless part of our literary heritage"? I suppose he can relate to the image of a bearded, bespectacled gazillionaire swimming through gold coins and branded by Disney.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 45,489
    mac-coy-1-la-legende-d-alexis-mac-coy.jpg

The first album in a brilliant French-Spanish western series, from the mid 70s. I hadn t read this for a very long time. I had forgotten how good it was.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I haven't read them yet but the other day I picked up...

James Bond 007: Hammerhead
    JamesBondHammerhead001AFran.jpg

Batman: Death of the Family
    91grEvxbcoL.jpg
    I bought myself this for Christmas
    273527._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Really excellent stuff!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @QsAssistant What did you think of Hammerhead?
    ABE SAPIEN VOLUME 2: THE DEVIL DOES NOT JEST and other stories. By Mignola, Arcudi and others.

Definitely not as good as the first volume, THE DROWNING. Hope the next is a step back up.

abesddnj1p4.jpg
    ABE SAPIEN VOL 3: DARK AND TERRIBLE and THE NEW RACE OF MAN by Mignola, Allie, Arcudi and Fiumara. Now this is more like it. Best one yet.
    18188823._UY475_SS475_.jpg

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Thunderfinger
    You're a real Mignola fan, aren't you? :)
    Mignola is great
    I agree. He has a very particular style though and I've noticed how some people are easily put off by it. All the more reason for me to welcome fans of his work.
    I like him both as a writer and as an artist. He has had some outstanding other artists who worked him as well.
  • ABE SAPIEN VOL 3: DARK AND TERRIBLE and THE NEW RACE OF MAN by Mignola, Allie, Arcudi and Fiumara. Now this is more like it. Best one yet.
    18188823._UY475_SS475_.jpg

That cover gives serious Innsmouth vibes.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I personally love Mignola's style. It's more what I look for in the art I encounter in comics, and I think that is visible in my own style. I always prefer a more stylistic take on character and setting with a bit of an edge or drama about the line work than any art that attempts to replicate life with an attention to proper proportion or features. That style comes off as rather boring when Mignola crafts such surreal or evocative panels, so I always say why not create something more interesting on the page than what we encounter in ordinary life?
    ABE SAPIEN VOL 4: THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME

More excellence.
    abesapien7zombie.jpg?w=1200
    COMANCHE 4_LE CIEL EST ROUGE SUR LARAMIE.

I have always felt that this album by Hermann and Greg from the mid 70s is one of the very best, and kind of groundbreaking.

Comanche%20Laramie%20pg0003.jpg
    The artwork looks fabulous, @Thunderfinger. I'm merely afraid my French is a bit too rusty at the moment to make a lot of sense of the text balloons.
    Here are a couple more panels
    236b05f4356e2d1e717bd34a13392084.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    I have to admit the artwork looks stunning.