Last graphic novel, comic book, manga you read

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Some old Donald Duck magazines from the 50s.
    w=375,h=375
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I don't think I've ever dropped in here before because I'm not a big reader of graphic novels, but I've just started this one and it's great so far:

26240662.jpg
    edited April 2018 Posts: 45,489
    IZNOGOUD 1_LE GRAND VIZIR IZNOGOUD (1962) by Goscinny and Tabary.
    PlancheA_295313.jpg
    I collected these albums in the 70s and 80s, but at some point I traded them off, probably to save space. Lucky that they are being republished now, because this is excellent stuff!
    IZNOGOUD 1_LE GRAND VIZIR IZNOGOUD (1962) by Goscinny and Tabary.
    PlancheA_295313.jpg
    I collected these albums in the 70s and 80s, but at some point I traded them off, probably to save space. Lucky that they are being republished now, because this is excellent stuff!

Brilliant artwork!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 45,489
    Rereading another great comic book from the mid 70s

BERNARD PRINCE 7_LA FOURNAISE DES DAMNES by Hermann and Greg
    album-page-large-10042.jpg
    Rereading another great comic book from the mid 70s

BERNARD PRINCE 7_LA FOURNAISE DES DAMNES by Hermann and Greg
    album-page-large-10042.jpg

You got the old albums, or has it been re-released?
    This one has just been rereleased in Tempo. I have most of the old albums, but this is one I only had in Danish before, and besides there is other stuff in the new Tempo I was interested in, namely Howard Flynn and some background articles, so I bought it.
    This one has just been rereleased in Tempo. I have most of the old albums, but this is one I only had in Danish before, and besides there is other stuff in the new Tempo I was interested in, namely Howard Flynn and some background articles, so I bought it.

Thanks for the info! They had some Bernard Prince stories in Fantomet some years ago, I think. Haven't seen them published since.

Thanks for the info! They had some Bernard Prince stories in Fantomet some years ago, I think. Haven't seen them published since.

That s right, and in Magnum.

When did Magnum stop being published? Can't seem to remember that magazine.

It ran from 1985 to 1996.

Oh, alright. Bit too young to remember that magazine, then. Have read a bit of Agent X9; take it X9 and Magnum were similar in terms of content?

Oh, alright. Bit too young to remember that magazine, then. Have read a bit of Agent X9; take it X9 and Magnum were similar in terms of content?

Somewhat, to begin with.

Somewhat, to begin with.

Interesting. Might try to get my hands on some old Magnum magazines at some point.

Somewhat, to begin with.

Interesting. Might try to get my hands on some old Magnum magazines at some point.

Magnum spesial, which came out later is a lot better.

Somewhat, to begin with.

Late 90's or something?

Somewhat, to begin with.

Late 90's or something?

Sorry, was thinking of Magnum album, which came out in the early 2000s. Spesial was also often good, but came out in the 80s/90s as well.

Somewhat, to begin with.

Late 90's or something?

Sorry, was thinking of Magnum album, which came out in the early 2000s. Spesial was also often good, but came out in the 80s/90s as well.

Thanks again. I'll look out for all those Magnum titles!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    THE PRISONER #1

The-Prisoner-1-5-600x911.jpg

A contemporary continuation of the 1968 miniseries starring Patrick McGoohan, the new one introduces us a new Number Six who voluntarily seeks imprisonment at The Village for personal reasons. I won't spoil more. I'd say it's very worthy addition to the original franchise so far as it's off to a very promising start, even if it's only the first issue.

A lot better than the abysmal 2009 remake miniseries with Jim Caviezel and Ian McKellen, which bored me to death. Morale of the case? Stay true to the roots.
  • If you liked that Prisoner, I recommend this one: http://wearecult.rocks/long-lost-jack-kirby-the-prisoner-comic-book-published-by-titan. Hey, it's Kirby! Don't ask, just buy it!
    Reading a bunch of Donald Duck magazines from the late 60s. Great stuff.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @ClarkDevlin
    I've got my copy of the first issue too.
    I also own this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Prisoner-Shattered-Visage-Mark-Askwith/dp/0930289536
    I have Shattered Visage, as well, @DarthDimi. :D

In fact, the sudden emergence of that issue prompted me to start my marathon of the original miniseries. So far, I'm enjoying them all anew. So much to love in The Prisoner.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm afraid of large white balls.

(This must sound very strange to those who know nothing about the series.)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,394
    Continuing with Nemesis
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm afraid of large white balls.

(This must sound very strange to those who know nothing about the series.)
    Hahahahaha!!! =))

That was a nice one, @DarthDimi. In fact, I just watched Curtis, the Number Six impersonator done-in by those very large white balls just now! :))
    35407514.jpg

1956-58. Brilliant as usual.
    Still haven’t seen Infinity War yet (going Tuesday) but I did read my old Infinity Gauntlet trade!
    There are SO many important characters in here that I know aren’t in the movie (like Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, hell, ALL the X-Men), I can’t wait to see how this movie will be!

* regarding Adam Warlock, if I’m not mistaken, they hinted at him in the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 post credit scene, right?
    35407514.jpg

1956-58. Brilliant as usual.
    I’m seeing lots of these in your collection @Thunderfinger . Are they really that old or reprints? Worth some good money?

Reprints from Fantagraphics Books. They are publishing everything Carl Barks ever did. This is the 14th book published so far. Volumes 1-4 and 15 and beyond yet to come. I have many of these stories in various forms beforehand, but some are new to me. Well worth a buy for all Barks fans. A new volume out every six months or so.
    Reprints from Fantagraphics Books. They are publishing everything Carl Barks ever did. This is the 14th book published so far. Volumes 1-4 and 15 and beyond yet to come. I have many of these stories in various forms beforehand, but some are new to me. Well worth a buy for all Barks fans. A new volume out every six months or so.

Never read a Barks story I didn't like. Such fantastic artwork, too!