Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    #ImWithHalle

Also, what is "cray cray"?

giphy.webp
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Cool speak for 'super crazy'.
    bondjames wrote: »

Blimey,the world really has gone mad.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Really? I could understand it from a millennial teenager, the kind of annoying little turd that has no idea that the world existed before they were born, but not a grown ass woman.

Really? I could understand it from a millennial teenager, the kind of annoying little turd that has no idea that the world existed before they were born, but not a grown ass woman.

And what an ass she has as well ..whoooaaarrrr.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883

Whatcha talkin' bout @MajorDSmythe? Charlize is down with the homies.

Her character has even inspired a new monicker. An SILF.

barryt007 wrote: »

And what an ass she has as well ..whoooaaarrrr.
    Coincidentally, Jeremy Renner's nickname for her is A*s-Nuts. Don't know why.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Craig always puts in 100%.

So did Connery before YOLT.

True but on the other hand he had no successor for YOLT. Not for the next movie either, not in the public eye anyway.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Who is that dirty nervous old man interviewing beautiful women? Why are they even talking to him?
    @Mendes4Lyfe will love this :

Just in :

Aidan Turner Hints 'Poldark' Will End After Fifth Series, Despite Huge Success.

Poldark’s days of scything shirtless in a field could be numbered, as Aidan Turner has hinted at the drama’s end.

The actor, who plays the titular character in the show, has said he thinks there may only be two more series, despite its huge success.

Speaking to WWD, Aidan said: “I think we run out of things to do after series five. I think that would be our last one.”

The third series of ‘Poldark’ is currently airing on BBC One, and while a fourth run has already been confirmed, a fifth is still to be commissioned
    Aidan continued: “Four was green-lit, five hasn’t been yet, and it wouldn’t be fair of me to green light it, but it’s probably looking like it may happen.”

A source also added to The Sun: “Eleanor Tomlinson and Aidan have been optioned for five series so that would be the natural end.

“It would be very expensive for the BBC to get them on board after that. They have both become huge.”

‘Poldark’ launched in 2015 as a rebooted version of the original 1975 BBC TV series, which started Robin Ellis as Ross Poldark.

Both series are based on the novels of the same title, written by Winston Graham.

It would finish just in time for him to work on BOND25....God help us !
    The grand plan has been revealed!

Now it's clear to me why B25 has been pushed back to 2019.
    Indeed !!

Bazza has solved the 'who is the next Bond' enigma !!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    They are obviously trying to avoid a repeat of the Brozza 1987 (Remington Steele) debacle. EoN, my faith has been restored!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2017 Posts: 8,123
    2e92a77b_47674010.jpeg
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Hahaha didn't think it would take you long to show up,@Mendes4Lyfe .

Or your buddy :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXu-UA6eMu7axYlmWAT1XvEfLIrAuFA7ASmdXSv2CQw8o6cvwJ
    I was watching Turner Classic Movies last night and between films they did a short bio on Gary Cooper. I always thought he looked the most like how I imagine the book Bond would have looked.

26a500c68b5a11d9f8fffe4e2a2b42ff--old-hollywood-classic-hollywood.jpg
    Hahaha didn't think it would take you long to show up,@Mendes4Lyfe .

Or your buddy :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXu-UA6eMu7axYlmWAT1XvEfLIrAuFA7ASmdXSv2CQw8o6cvwJ

Hehe.

I wonder what fans would make of a choice between a fifth Craig film with Bro-feld, Mady and Scooby Gang back in action, or a fresh start with Aidan Turner Bond going back to stand alone missions?

You have to admit, Aidan is maturing nicely lookswise. He's looking more and more Bondian everyday.

42E6E42200000578-4757128-image-a-73_1501761702201.jpg

42E6E44500000578-4757128-image-a-74_1501761707783.jpg
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Also, just in: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4757128/Aidan-Turner-looks-worlds-away-Poldark-shoot.html

42E6E44500000578-4757128-image-a-74_1501761707783.jpg

Potential future commander Bond looks dashing in this photograph.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Quite a few photos of Turner if you go to the article shown by @gideoneldude .
    I must say he is maturing well and he does look good in them.

Oh,and welcome to MI6 @gideoneldude ,why don't you introduce yourself in the 'new members' thread :

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/13/new-members-introduce-yourself#latest
    A bit 50-50 on whether I would be comfortable with Turner as Bond. Have only seen him in And Then There Were None, which was a good performance. Could he been a good Napoleon Solo if an U.N.C.L.E.-film?
    I must admit I don't recall seeing him in anything...I might download And Then There Were None and have a look.

How many episodes are there ?
    I must admit I don't recall seeing him in anything...I might download And Then There Were None and have a look.

It's basically a long film, 180 minutes long. Well worth it and Turner is marvelous in it, quite Bondian, too.

Check out this little video first, I'd say:

[video]
    I've seen it recently. Turner has potential.

He can be edgy and playful while still being deadly. I'm just not sure if he can be likable when being that way. Bond is a far more difficult character to play than many realize imho.

It's basically a long film, 180 minutes long. Well worth it and Turner is marvelous in it, quite Bondian, too.

Check out this little video first, I'd say:

[video]

Thanks,i will have a look !
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,318

He can be edgy and playful while still being deadly. I'm just not sure if he can be likable when being that way. Bond is a far more difficult character to play than many realize imho.

Quite right you are, Bondjames. I get a sense of Dalton in Turner, to me they seem alike. If I were a betting man on the 'right' Bond, the next Bond, I'd choose Turner. Not because I'm a mindless fanboy for no reason, as I'm a 007 fan of the hightest order, I just feel deep down this is what the franchise needs. He is a diamond in the rough. 007 and Turner both need eachother. My 2 cents.

Your powers of articulation do you credit. How you made that point so well, with so few words. Wow...

You have a good point. It's difficult to straddle that line. I think there is a way to make it likable without being too sympathetic. I think the Craig Bond was way, way too sympathetic. He (Craig) captured the depressing side of Bond, but not the dark side. Not the devious, scheming side. That's been neglected for too long, IMO. And it's a shame because a dark Bond wouldn't need to be depressing or sad - it could actually be quite irreverent. The problem in the past has been that Bond's world has always seemed outlandish, and therefore that contrast isn't as stark. If you put a cynical, acerbic Bond in a realistic (but still grandiloquent) setting, then the audience would, I think, put it together for themselves that he was using the humour to cope with the horrors he encounters on a daily basis. They wouldn't need it spelled out.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Mendes4Lyfe, what's one Turner project you'd recommend to people to convince them that he would make a good Bond? I can only go off of what I saw of him in 'The Hobbit,' which isn't a good indicator for Bond, I'd say (unless you're Richard Armitage - he would've made a good Bond a decade prior).
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Mendes4Lyfe, what's one Turner project you'd recommend to people to convince them that he would make a good Bond? I can only go off of what I saw of him in 'The Hobbit,' which isn't a good indicator for Bond, I'd say (unless you're Richard Armitage - he would've made a good Bond a decade prior).

And Then There Were None (2015). It's the most modern thing really, that's reasonably up to date. He probably at his most Bondian there.
    @gideoneldude, I agree that there is a bit of Dalton in Turner, looks wise at least. I definitely see it. However Turner is much more playful and 'relaxed' (for lack of a better word). Less intense and wound up.

@Mendes4Lyfe, Turner has a bit of natural Bondian rogueishness and charm to him, which has sadly been missing since CR. I don't think he will need precise script doctoring in order to pull off that element of Bond. It naturally emanates from him, unlike with the incumbent.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I tried to watch And Then There Were None (2015), but... it was too godawfully modernized and some parts of the story forcibly PC'd (Ten Little Soldier Boys? Really?) I couldn't make past the first episode. I bailed out.

The acting wasn't that impressive nor was the narrative, mind?

Turner wasn't a problem though. He was, from what I've seen, one of the highlights.
    @gideoneldude, I agree that there is a bit of Dalton in Turner, looks wise at least. I definitely see it. However Turner is much more playful and 'relaxed' (for lack of a better word). Less intense and wound up.

Dalton was also a bit more stiff than Turner, I'd say. Turner seems to be a mix of some former Bonds. Perhaps the right recipe. We'll have to wait and see if Babs gives him the chance.

These are extremely interesting times, concerning the development stage we're in. Who will it be? Craig, Turner, someone else? I'm dying to find out. Truly.