Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited July 2017 Posts: 14,844
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Can't see much Bond in him - I think we have to avoid picking names just cos they're in a high profile film.You never know... the next Bond (whoever it is) may appear in a very low profile film which the Bond producers just happen to see.

Better Dunkirk than King Arthur. He's still too young to look Bondian but give him a few years and maybe.

But yes I do agree that we should check for lower profile movies. And TV dramas and maybe even plays.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I saw DUNKIRK today, and it was a brilliant piece of cinema. Truthfully, Bond didn't enter my mind until the very end, when we see Tom Hardy by his Spitfire.

In retrospect, all the players were amazing in their roles-- every single one-- but none, including Hardy, screamed out future Bond.

(although i would be intrigued with the Hardy/Nolan duo)

(also, I think I was too wrapped up in the intensity of the film)

(one last comment: this film reminds me that we truly have become snowflakes; DUNKIRK shows what sacrifice, heroism and bravery are all about. Now? As our PC thread has proven, we're too busy getting offended at everything under the sun).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I didn't pick him because he was in a high profile film btw. I just see something in the guy. He's young, but he held his own in Nolan's film and has a certain gravitas. Keep in mind he was in Demange's lauded 71 (which I haven't seen) as well.
    I can't see it, given his current role as Dr. Strange.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Cumberbatch is a great actor but I don't see him as Bond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't see Cumberbatch as Bond at all. Good actor but I don't see him playing a very good Bond.
    Would love to see Cumberbatch as a villain.
    Cumberbatch is too associated with other franchises and characters. And I can't see him as Bond. And he's too old by now surely.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    peter wrote: »
    I saw DUNKIRK today, and it was a brilliant piece of cinema. Truthfully, Bond didn't enter my mind until the very end, when we see Tom Hardy by his Spitfire.

In retrospect, all the players were amazing in their roles-- every single one-- but none, including Hardy, screamed out future Bond.

(although i would be intrigued with the Hardy/Nolan duo)

(also, I think I was too wrapped up in the intensity of the film)

(one last comment: this film reminds me that we truly have become snowflakes; DUNKIRK shows what sacrifice, heroism and bravery are all about. Now? As our PC thread has proven, we're too busy getting offended at everything under the sun).

Wouldn't mind Rylance as a villain though.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    What Cucumberpatch COULD pull off is the snobbiness of Bond.
    Would love to see Cumberbatch as a villain.

Yes! Has he ever played a villain?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Khan.
    Ah yes, I had forgotten.
    It was very forgettable, so no wonder.
    Cumberbatch? Geez...

There are probably more British actors that have been suggested for the Bond role by someone somewhere than there are those that nobody has thought to mention, yet.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The more I think about it, hiddleston could play like a 008 but i dont think he could be Bond. I still firmly think Fassbender could embody a more literary bond and could pull it off really well. Tom hardy would make a good henchman, and Leonardo Dicaprio could play a bond villain one day.
    Bassfender really is the best option to take over.

What? What was wrong with taking one of the most complex and original villains of Star Trek and sci-fi history and turning him into a whitewashed, stereotypical villain with a cliche British accent?

Is the film itself any good?

If you like Star Trek, watch it, but it is no masterpiece.
    It was rubbish imho. Quite forgettable indeed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

It also lends itself to repeated viewings. It was just okay for me at first but it gets a bit better with each new viewing.

I'd say if you like or liked Star Trek avoid it.
    Murdock wrote: »

It also lends itself to repeated viewings. It was just okay for me at first but it gets a bit better with each new viewing.

And if you are unfamiliar with Star Trek?

And if you are unfamiliar with Star Trek?

I would suggest watching the original series, the original series films then the newest ones.
    I would suggest watching the original series, the original series films then the newest ones.
    That is quite comprehensive, isn't it? Or am I confusing Star Trek with Dr. Who?
    That is quite comprehensive, isn't it? Or am I confusing Star Trek with Dr. Who?

Gotta start somewhere. ;)

Gotta start somewhere. ;)

Yeah, you're probably right there! The only thing I've seen of Star Trek is that silly fight between William Shatner and that lizard like thing...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Call me an idiot: as a soft fan of ST, I did enjoy the first re-boot , and INTO DARKNESS and I hated, HATED, BEYOND...