No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Did people really believe that article?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Gustav was booking his tickets to London for the premiere.

Gustav was booking his tickets to London for the premiere.

Hahaha, no. BUT I do have a great Kiton dinner jacket, and will this time attend the royal premiere late October 2019 :-P. I'm just very excited that we have a confirmed date. And to be honest, I do think it makes some sense to turn to the continuation novels....or to Dynamite comics....to get some inspiration for a new Bond film.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,423
    And to be honest, I do think it makes some sense to turn to the continuation novels....or to Dynamite comics....to get some inspiration for a new Bond film.
    It does, yes, but Eon merely adapted a scene... or couple of dialogues from a scene that is Colonel Sun without even mentioning the book's title other than giving The Kingsley Amis Estate a special thanks shoutout. So, they're not further into it, yet.

I'd be all over the place like a crazy happy kid if my favourite continuation Bond novel, Never Dream of Dying gets a film adaptation. But, it is too good to be true.

Remember when the twenty-fourth Bond film was supposed to be Devil May Care? or the one before it was said to be based on Carte Blanche released a year prior to it? We know how those turned out.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    And to be honest, I do think it makes some sense to turn to the continuation novels....or to Dynamite comics....to get some inspiration for a new Bond film.
    It does, yes, but Eon merely adapted a scene... or couple of dialogues from a scene that is Colonel Sun without even mentioning the book's title other than giving The Kingsley Amis Estate a special thanks shoutout. So, they're not further into it, yet.

I'd be all over the place like a crazy happy kid if my favourite continuation Bond novel, Never Dream of Dying gets a film adaptation. But, it is too good to be true.

Remember when the twenty-fourth Bond film was supposed to be Devil May Care? or the one before it was said to be based on Carte Blanche released a year prior to it? We know how those turned out.

Exactly. It seems too much to hope for, but hope for it we must as literary Bond fans. Eternal optimists, us. ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned here a lot since that film came out, but I really don't want to see a Logan style Bond film. It's one of my biggest concerns for B25.

Why is it a concern to you?
    I didn't really enjoy the film to be honest. It was too emotionally dark and depressing for me.

Unlike some, I'm not wed to 'Craig's story arc' as Bond. I'm wed to Bond (mainly the film character). After the past decade I want something uplifting and entirely mission driven. Bond being the best he can be. I'm not interested in any more character peel backs or 'resolution' for the next one.

That's just me though.

Here here.
    I thought it was common knowledge that the Mirror is a dismal rag but I'm consistently amazed by how much credence people here are willing to give it.

It reaffirms my faith in humanity.

This. The Mirror will do what they always do, print bs fresh or otgerwise but the shocking part is, you'd think folks here would know better but no; as if any media outlet that mentions Bond must indicate some low-key truth. SMDH.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Benedict Cumberbatch On Playing James Bond: No Comment
    screenrant.com/james-bond-recast-benedict-cumberbatch-new-actor/

Please NO!.
    Right! Is there any other popular actor of British descent they haven't listed?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Benedict Cumberbatch On Playing James Bond: No Comment
    screenrant.com/james-bond-recast-benedict-cumberbatch-new-actor/

Please NO!.

Pffft!
    This BS rumour mill is getting highly twdious.
    Getafix wrote: »

Nah, it's part of the fun leading up to October November 2019
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    I think the day the UK press decide NOT to make up stuff about a Bond movie is when we should start worrying :P
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Getafix wrote: »

Nah, it's part of the fun leading up to October November 2019

Indeed
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    But what if....
    talos7 wrote: »
    But what if....

I was afraid until a few weeks ago that Bond 25 would be a 2020 or 2021 affair. Given all the projects EON is involved in these days. But then we got the news. 11.8.2019!! I'm still uttermost delighted by the news! So with all this positivity in my blood and veins, I just can't see clear :-D!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Plus who knows, it might come earlier than expected. :-bd
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    It is a bit strange that James Bond down under saw yenn demange at eon
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 17,241
    Have not followed the production-thread since the date announcement. Can someone share a link to where you can read more about Yann Demange spotted at EON HQ?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Indeed. Who knows, maybe EON have been working behind the scenes in order to get a Autumn 2018 release. The 2019 date was a just a ruse. B25 is well in development under an assumed title. Trust me, I know.
    It'll still be two years at the current rate of production.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Do the insiders on here know when that imminent second announcement is arriving? I know they said August/September, but is there an exact timeframe?
    Nah, they've been working on it since 2016. The backer is a done deal. The script is superb. Great director. Trust me I know.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    royale65 wrote: »
    Indeed. Who knows, maybe EON have been working behind the scenes in order to get a Autumn 2018 release. The 2019 date was a just a ruse. B25 is well in development under an assumed title. Trust me, I know.

And the title is WaveLink.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No. CuffLink.
    You're both wrong it's MoreHinx. ;)
    Actually it's a combination of all three - More Cuff, More Hinx, More Wave. Link.
    It's actually SeaFire. According to The Mirror anyway.
    What, did they get that piece of juicy information circa 2001?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    royale65 wrote: »
    What, did they get that piece of juicy information circa 2001?

It's not a real scoop unless it's at least 15 year old information, you know.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    It's actually SeaFire. According to The Mirror anyway.

That source must have loved my artwork. ;)
    HlvzogYm.jpg