No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Forgot that one. Ok so DV is likely out.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    GetCarter wrote: »
    Just as excited for Dune as I am B25.

Maybe DV will be finished with that by the time production starts?

Seems like the sort of film you'd be doing a year of post-production on though.

Don't see that happening with Dune. Too big a project in itself.

Bigger than Blade Runner 2049? (Shooting started in July 2016, ended in November, and the movie is pretty much ready.) But I have no idea at what stage in development they are with Dune, doesn't seem to be starting shooting anytime soon, so that must mean there wouldn't be time to actually finish it before Bond25. It's not necessarily his next film, though.

This. Plenty of directors have signed on to a film before, only to helm one or two other films before getting to it. If it really was that big of a concern, I doubt he'd currently be one of the three front runners.
    But Dune might not be anywhere near actual production starting, who knows when it will be, so I wouldn't say that necessarily means he's out.

On the other hand, we had that tip here earlier about a Scottish director, so from that trio that would mean MacKenzie...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    On the other hand, we had that tip here earlier about a Scottish director, so from that trio that would mean MacKenzie...
    Good catch. People assumed McGuigan, which I always felt was a stretch.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    This news plans a weekend movie marathon: Hell or High Water, '71, Sicario and Prisoners. See if I have a favorite of the bunch... from memory, I'm thinking it's Prisoners but we'll see.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    This news plans a weekend movie marathon: Hell or High Water, '71, Sicario and Prisoners. See if I have a favorite of the bunch... from memory, I'm thinking it's Prisoners but we'll see.

Good idea.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    bondjames wrote: »

The tip was unequivocally about McGuigan:
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    I'm of the feeling Craig is, as rumoured, coming back for one more, and the director is set - a certain Scottish chap who has just worked for Eon on what I hear is a very fine film.

The tip was unequivocally about McGuigan:
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    I'm of the feeling Craig is, as rumoured, coming back for one more, and the director is set - a certain Scottish chap who has just worked for Eon on what I hear is a very fine film.
    I believe the Colonel was just speculating at the time. Putting two and two together. Nothing specific. He assumed the director was locked but had heard a Scot was in play from someone, from what I recall in an earlier post.
    What is the "fine" EON film?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    talos7 wrote: »
    Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool starring Bond hopeful Jamie Bell.
    talos7 wrote: »

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool
    I believe the Colonel was just speculating at the time. Putting two and two together. Nothing specific. He assumed the director was locked but had heard a Scot was in play from someone, from what I recall in an earlier post.

Could be Colonel's speculation, I don't know, but the post is clearly about McGuigain.

True, that post is. Oh well.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Of those three: Villeneuve. Please.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,756
    Not since CR have I said "Damn, he would make such an awesome choice for director" than for Villeneuve, if he gets it. 71 by Demange also looks amazing but somewhat of an odd choice as he only has one film under his belt. Villeneuve makes so much sense, as he has experience with large film franchises.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not since CR have I said "Damn, he would make such an awesome choice for director" than for Villeneuve, if he gets it. 71 by Demange also looks amazing but somewhat of an odd choice as he only has one film under his belt. Villeneuve makes so much sense, as he has experience with large film franchises.

Villeneuve's casting would be too perfect, in my book. I really hope they don't pass up on that opportunity, lest he never get another chance to helm one. Either way, as I said earlier, I'm perfectly fine with any one of these three being chosen.

Even Demange, whose work I don't know, seems a suitable candidate after some glowing praise I've read on these forums.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Honestly, Villeneuve is the only one of the three mentioned who's work I am familiar with. I have to check out "71".
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I doubt Eon just spent all that money buying out McClory, only to turn around and sell the rights. It doesn't make a lot of sense. Plus it seems to me that Barbara takes pride in carrying on her father's business.
    329EA60A00000578-3512810-Bond_moment_A_topless_Pierce_Brosnan_was_seen_stepping_out_of_th-m-25_1459191778262.jpg

28AD796B00000578-3082569-image-a-14_1431650229084.jpg

Bring back this dude for B25. He's only 64 and looks better as Bond than DC.
    And he works cheap compared with DC.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    As much as I love Brozza, those pictures certainly don't do him any favours.
    3 good months in the gym and he's good to go. :D
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    The reason he wasn't in the press release was because they didn't want it to dominate Logan Lucky. Let Craig have his moment. Hence, the announcement coming end of August September
    Then why announce anything at all? Why not do it all at once in Aug/Sep?

Either way Craig's going to let it out of the bag when he's grilled. If anything this will make it more of a talking issue than them not having said anything. He could have then said he hadn't heard anything yet. Now he can't make that excuse.

Very strange.
    001 wrote: »
    329EA60A00000578-3512810-Bond_moment_A_topless_Pierce_Brosnan_was_seen_stepping_out_of_th-m-25_1459191778262.jpg

28AD796B00000578-3082569-image-a-14_1431650229084.jpg

Bring back this dude for B25. He's only 64 and looks better as Bond than DC.
    And he works cheap compared with DC.
    No thanks. I don't need or want A View to a Kill Vol.2

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    He looks great.
    EON should conspire to make their own rogue Bond film as McClory would. Make some Bond history, let the younger Wilsons get their Bond legs handling the production.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited July 2017 Posts: 6,721
    Brosnan can still kick ass, as he did in The November Man and No Escape. The man played Bond in four movies... that level of coolness doesn't just go away, you know. I hope he makes more action films. Pure acting chops aside, I'm sure he'd give Craig a run for his money in terms of screen presence if they worked together.
    He looks great.
    EON should conspire to make their own rogue Bond film as McClory would. Make some Bond history, let the younger Wilsons get their Bond legs handling the production.

Great idea.
    The younger Wilsons could get a chance they deserve. Give the kids a chance......

They would probably have a budget of only $20 million and have it on screen in 4-6 months.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Even more manageable: an IMAX short feature. Something 'tween the gaps they've been having between missions.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    @001

Are those recent?
    @001

Are those recent?

Fairly recent i'm sure.

One thing i'm sure of is that they are not from the future. :)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Brosnan doesn't seem interested in blockbusters. He'd just appear in romcoms, low budget thrillers and some other forgettable movies made by amateur newcomers. The man looks he's settled for life with all the money he has and the work he does these days are just sort of side projects. More like pension money.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Brosnan doesn't seem interested in blockbusters. He'd just appear in romcoms, low budget thrillers and some other forgettable movies made by amateur newcomers. The man looks he's settled for life with all the money he has and the work he does these days are just sort of side projects. More like pension money.

Having said that, I think from a creative and acting perspective, Mr Craig has his portfolio slightly better arranged.

And I mean, come on! We are going to witness an era where we know how it feels to have a Bond actor doing 5 movies in a row! I'm very excited for that, since I never grew up in the Connery or Moore era!

Finally, we, as a Bond franchise, have killed off that godawful reboot-button! At least until 2020! I'm glad we continue the Craig-verse!