The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    She's really digging the second funeral scene with Strutter. I suspect those scenes are her favourite. She also Loves the singer and bond disappearing down. 'No one noticed'?! She asked incredulously. Haha
    edited July 2017 Posts: 2,721
    She's on edge with the crocodile scene - 'he'll have a gadget' - and then he breaks out the watch. But we all know how that ends. Then she says 'he'll have to swim"...I say this is Roger Moore he won't want to mess up his suit. She's clapping approval for the jump across the crocs.
    She's really engaged with the boat chase. Although she did say 'this is going on a little long' - I told her she should start posting on this forum.

The boats flying over Jw pepper are met with laughs as is the wedding cake smash. 'Oh no don't ruin the wedding!' She says...she and I are getting married in October so I think this may be cutting a little too close to the bone! Hehe
    Just on a side note there's something heartwarming about seeing Felix in a boat dropping quarrel and bond off in the dead of night in the Caribbean Sea. Takes me right back to Dr No.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 2,721
    Oh that's creepy! She said when Bond blows the hole in samedi's head. She likes his character.
    'Poor guy - he's just doing his job' she says when bond kicks the henchman who operates the gravestone elevation machine.
    'The music has started so I know something's going to happen' - hehe. she says 'I love how solitaire went through all of that and she has perfect lip gloss.'
    "Of course he has a saw on his watch. Lucky how no one took his watch off him" (same as Spectre I guess!)
    She laughs as Solitare bunk is closed by tee hee!
    "I hope he gets paid lots of money - it's a stressful job he has."
    And that's Live and Let Die. My partner really enjoyed it. Never boring and has lots of laughs, weird voodoo, singing, bright colours, 70s style, funky music, big action set pieces and nice Caribbean locations. It really rockets along and it is a good one to show casual viewers of the bond series. I'm thinking TSWLM may well be on the cards soon!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    She's really engaged with the boat chase. Although she did say 'this is going on a little long' - I told her she should start posting on this forum.

The boats flying over Jw pepper are met with laughs as is the wedding cake smash. 'Oh no don't ruin the wedding!' She says...she and I are getting married in October so I think this may be cutting a little too close to the bone! Hehe

Congratulations, wish you all the best.

Congratulations, wish you all the best.

Thanks @Thunderfinger - I appreciate that. We'll be doing some Bond location visting on the honeymoon...pure accident of course - it's just that so many Bond locations are exotic locales!
    Where are you going?
    Heading to Thailand - James Bond island will be calling.
    Have a great trip. Sounds too hot for me.
    Speaking of Thailand...I'm now watching The Man With The Golden Gun

I'll be honest - this is low down on my list so will be interesting to watch again,
    Bernard Lee looks unwell in the opening briefing scene. Needless to say - he is still the business.
    The Beruit scene bothers me because it just cuts to the interior and no effort made to show the surroundings - I know they were on a tighter budget but I prefer the globetrotting Bond productions. Moore is quite brutal in this fight scene. Broken bottles and smashing heads in mirrors.
    Why does Bond need the bullet from Saida? He already has the bullet sent to him. Am I missing something there?
    The Lazar scene is quality. Pity the actor wasn't used for a bigger villainous part - he's great presence and works well with Moore
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Would he not need a bullet from Scaramanga ( which is authenticated ) for a
    Comparison ? and help in trying to find a lead to his location ?
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Yeah, he was trying to trace the bullet to Scaramanga, and since nobody knew what he looked like, the bullet was his only lead.
    They shouldn't have bothered having Bond removed from investigating the solar crisis plot. It's just an unnecessary coincidence. He could have stumbled across it as part of the scaramanga investigation.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    Either Tanner or Colthorpe says the bullet sent to Bond has Scaramanga's fingerprints on it, and "they've been verified by the CIA." Shouldn't Q have been able to find Lazar's trademark on that bullet?
    Moore gets quite flustered in that first scene with Q and Colthorpe. It's unlike him. 007's first scene with Maud feels very Fleming and one of the closest Moore gets to the literary Bond. Particularly the way he delivers the line that 'scaramanga might just use one of the little golden bullets on you' while pouring champagne.
    I think Moore was directed to act like that. His Bond is at his most abrasive, arrogant and Connery-esque in this film (not in a bad way), presumably because his life has been threatened by none other than the world's top assassin.
    I like the music in the scene as Bond waits outside the bottoms up club.
    The rock source music? I wonder if John Barry composed that. I suspect he did. I like it too.
    Would he not need a bullet from Scaramanga ( which is authenticated ) for a
    Comparison ? and help in trying to find a lead to his location ?

I guess - seems like a real long shot to go fly all the way to Beirut on the off chance that a bullet from an assassination five years earlier might be around somewhere.