The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I must admit that after watching so many Craig films and not watching GF for at least year ,this is classic stuff and is a perfect example of what we are missing now.
    Bond's suits and outfits in this film are awesome...I forgot how great he looks wearing them.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    He even pulls off the terri-cloth onesie!
    Connery personifies cool in GF. Next time you're roaming the halls of a hotel- try and steal the keys to a suite from a housekeeper as she passes by, then tell her she's very sweet. Attempt it without stumbling or looking self conscious. As much as I love the other Bonds I can't see any other pulling this little bit off the way Sean does.
    Just finished the golf scene (had a phone call so had to pause it ).....always loved this scene.
    Just noticed at the garage scene with Tilly masterson that Connery has a plaster on his wedding ring finger...interesting.
    The laser scene is so iconic...and Gert Frobe is the PERFECT actor for Goldfinger..inspired casting by the team there.
    This definitely suffers once the film hits Baltimore,apart from the great discussion between Bond and Goldfinger.

This is why it will never be in my top 5...but so far,it has definitely moved up my list..how much I'm not sure yet.

Just approaching the Fort Knox scene.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Dawn Raid On Fort Knox. That music gets the blood pumping and does so much to elevate the finale for me.
    It needs it though.....my enthusiasm as always wanes once Baltimore arrives and even the Fort Knox battle doesn't raise it,such a shame as the first half of the film is brilliant.

I don't think it will move much higher up my list,i will think about it in a minute when its finished.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    LTK is awesome.....i love this film....Bond is about to kick Krest's arse.....

apologies, an old post from Barry007 and am enjoying reading this thread.

to concur - yes LTK is brilliant and much undervalued I find.
    GetCarter wrote: »
    LTK is awesome.....i love this film....Bond is about to kick Krest's arse.....

apologies, an old post from Barry007 and am enjoying reading this thread.

to concur - yes LTK is brilliant and much undervalued I find.

No problem,glad you like my thread and look forward to your comments...oh,and LTK is indeed awesome.

Right ,time for the final part of my double bill before I show my new rankings : A View to a Kill.

Currently in 16th place,one behind GF in 15th....I will decide on both films either up or down after this film.
    I love the way ,when Bond is searching 003's body in the snow in the PTS,the locket he finds the microchip in,shows a photo of his wife and child.

Shows that some 00's have families.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 19,339
    That frickin' annoying beachboys classic ruins the fantastic skiing scene...not totally,still brilliant,but its not needed !!

That stunt.bouncing the helicopter off the ground is fantastic.
    don't mind the beach boys intrusion myself!
    I can tolerate it for all the fantastic natural stuntwork involved...just finished the Eiffel Tower scene,and,having grown up with Sir Roger as my Bond (and I met the great man) I feel more comfortable watching this than GF.

So far, AVTAK is moving up my list from #16 .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just noticed at the garage scene with Tilly masterson that Connery has a plaster on his wedding ring finger...interesting.

Maybe he couldn t get the ring off. This was before cgi.

Maybe he couldn t get the ring off. This was before cgi.

From what I see ,Dr Thundy,the ring is definitely off ..have a look when you get a chance,see what you think .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hm. I am not going to put the film on just for that. I trust you.
    Hm. I am not going to put the film on just for that. I trust you.

Good man.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Grace Jones is brilliant in this film....put her alongside Christopher Walken and you have a great pair of formidable villains.
    That frickin' annoying beachboys classic ruins the fantastic skiing scene...not totally,still brilliant,but its not needed !!

That was a model wasn't it?
    I really like that pts, it gets a lot of flack because of the Gidea Park cover song, but the action is top notch, and it is really well shot. Love the moment the helicopter explodes and the reflection of it in the water!

Mathis1 wrote: »

I really like that pts, it gets a lot of flack because of the Gidea Park cover song, but the action is top notch, and it is really well shot. Love the moment the helicopter explodes and the reflection of it in the water!

Was it ? I've always been told it was a stunt.....
    Bloody hell that 'fight' in Zorins chateau is even worse than I remembered...but its worth it as Grace Jones has a lovely arse .

They definitely used a model copter in some scenes as I distinctly remember seeing photos of the special effects guys with it!

They definitely used a model copter in some scenes as I distinctly remember seeing photos of the special effects guys with it!

Well it fooled me and a few people I know who are Bond fans...good to know but disappointing as well.

I love Zorin's face and his little laugh as he discovers who Bond is on his computer...Christopher Walken is one of my favourite actors anyway but he is effortless in that scene..class.
    He also has a great little moment later on when he and MayDay discover Bond is not in his room, when MayDay finds Bond in her bed, Zorin does a little bow as if to say "nicely played Mr. Bond"!
    He also has a great little moment later on when he and MayDay discover Bond is not in his room, when MayDay finds Bond in her bed, Zorin does a little bow as if to say "nicely played Mr. Bond"!

Very Germanic as well,hinting to his Nazi links ....
    Even just Zorin talking in his meeting on his airship is brilliant thanks to Walken....
    Oh...and no...I cant see Maud Adams on the pier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!